So, this will be the third weekend in a row where Halo 5 has gotten a double XP weekend, yet MCC hasn't had any since Christmas. All of this combined with how much of a grind the progression system was initially and still is despite the increase to the XP cap points to 343i and Microsoft looking to follow in games like Fortnite's footsteps by implementing microtransactions in the form of paying for season points.

Before anyone says "they wouldn't do that, they learned their lesson in H5," don't forget this is still Microsoft we're talking about. The lesson they learned wasn't that they couldn't get away with microtransactions, but that a loot box lottery was too aggressive. With Fortnite's and other games using a similar season system being somewhat successful, I believe we need to make a stand now and let them know that system won't be tolerated in Halo and they need to implement a proper progression system.
But MCC doesn't have microtransactions and does have a progression system, a kinda lame one right now since you have to use your point on one particular item but they are working on changing it to hopefully being able to pick whichever item you want.
I think 343i is aware of the backlash they would receive from adding microtransactions, especially to a collection of games which did not have any form of lootbox/mtx trash in their original releases.

But, fair point, you never know what stunt a company might pull at any given time these days. It's hard to trust any of them given how ridiculous this generation has been with loot boxes, microtransactions, DLC, etc.
LethalQ wrote:
But MCC doesn't have microtransactions and does have a progression system, a kinda lame one right now since you have to use your point on one particular item but they are working on changing it to hopefully being able to pick whichever item you want.
But that's my point. The microtransactions aren't there NOW, yet the game that does have them gets almost all the love and attention. Plus, the thing you're talking about, where you can purchase items on a tiered basis, there's no guarantee we're getting that. All they said was they were looking into it. My point is that all signs point to 343 implementing microtransactions into the MCC. They're just doing it slowly. They know that if they started the boil now, most people would hop out of the pot, but if they turn it up gradually by making a crappy progression grind no one enjoys playing, giving us almost no double XP events, and being extremely hush hush about what they're doing to "solve" the issue, then more of the playerbase will be accepting of microtransactions with some even praising it. We've seen other companies do this, and based on 343/Microsoft's past record it's not that hard to believe they'd do the same thing.
tuhin94 wrote:
I think 343i is aware of the backlash they would receive from adding microtransactions, especially to a collection of games which did not have any form of lootbox/mtx trash in their original releases.

But, fair point, you never know what stunt a company might pull at any given time these days. It's hard to trust any of them given how ridiculous this generation has been with loot boxes, microtransactions, DLC, etc.
I think they are aware of the backlash if microtransactions were implemented right now, but everything I've mentioned points to 343 gradually warming the community up to the idea of adding them in the near future. Loot boxes were the absolute worst way to add customization to H5, and the fact they did it out of nowhere show not that they learned to not do it at all, but it was the wrong implementation of microtransactions. The current season model points to them copying games like Fart Knight or R6S who have found success in such a system.
They aren't going to add microtransactions in MCC. It would be one of the dumbest decisions ever, it would guarantee an enormous backlash, they would have to overhaul their current progression system which they just made and there wouldn't be a point considering most people will have already unlocked everything by the time it's implemented.

I'm not sure if you're serious when you say that H5 is getting more love and attention than MCC. H5 hasn't had an update with bug fixes for probably over two years while MCC has basically been getting overhauled for almost two years plus it gets weekly playlist updates and they're bringing it to PC.
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
But that's my point. The microtransactions aren't there NOW, yet the game that does have them gets almost all the love and attention. Plus, the thing you're talking about, where you can purchase items on a tiered basis, there's no guarantee we're getting that. All they said was they were looking into it. My point is that all signs point to 343 implementing microtransactions into the MCC. They're just doing it slowly. They know that if they started the boil now, most people would hop out of the pot, but if they turn it up gradually by making a crappy progression grind no one enjoys playing, giving us almost no double XP events, and being extremely hush hush about what they're doing to "solve" the issue, then more of the playerbase will be accepting of microtransactions with some even praising it. We've seen other companies do this, and based on 343/Microsoft's past record it's not that hard to believe they'd do the same thing.
MCC has gotten a TON of love over the years especially for those who have been around since launch. Out side of getting double XP playlist I would say H5 and MCC get about the same support really. They both get some tweaks to the playlist and rotating social playlist support. H5 getting more double XP playlist is perhaps that grind to SR152 is tougher than to grind to Max XP this season in MCC. I doubt it has anything to do with microtransactions.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
They aren't going to add microtransactions in MCC. It would be one of the dumbest decisions ever, it would guarantee an enormous backlash, they would have to overhaul their current progression system which they just made and there wouldn't be a point considering most people will have already unlocked everything by the time it's implemented.

I'm not sure if you're serious when you say that H5 is getting more love and attention than MCC. H5 hasn't had an update with bug fixes for probably over two years while MCC has basically been getting overhauled for almost two years plus it gets weekly playlist updates and they're bringing it to PC.
When I say H5 is getting more love than MCC, I mean 343 is doing more things to get the community involved and active in the game. Just look at their social media postings. Every weekend is another double XP event and constant map rotation updates to the playlists, as well as forge creation spotlights. All things to get players active and involved. Sure, MCC gets playlist tweaks, but arguably the biggest issue right now is player's displeasure with the progression system. The fact that it's just a tedious grind, and 343 has been extremely tight lipped other than the one update going on 3 weeks ago about how they intend to fix it increases player frustrations. That and the fact that every Reach match still utilizes the TU settings when players have asked for a change leaves many feeling ignored, ultimately resulting in leaving the game.
LethalQ wrote:
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
MCC has gotten a TON of love over the years especially for those who have been around since launch. Out side of getting double XP playlist I would say H5 and MCC get about the same support really. They both get some tweaks to the playlist and rotating social playlist support. H5 getting more double XP playlist is perhaps that grind to SR152 is tougher than to grind to Max XP this season in MCC. I doubt it has anything to do with microtransactions.
It still doesn't justify how tedious it feels to grind to tier 100. I haven't played 5 in a while, so I can't say anything on it's progression, but looking at 343's social media, we're constantly seeing double xp's and other events being showcased. Much less that the grind to tier 100 is only meant to last for a season. I know they said that progress won't be lost come season 2, but still, that means a large percentage of the playerbase may be missing out on season 2 unlocks, whatever that's going to be, because they're stuck on grinding through season 1. That's not going to make the playerbase happy. They're just going to feel like they have even more to do when they're not even done with the first chunk, ultimately resulting in them quitting. Much less if we're supposed to grind out that much of the game every 3 or 4 months with no events or strategies to alleviate the grind, I can't imagine it would lead to a higher playerbase.
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
It still doesn't justify how tedious it feels to grind to tier 100. I haven't played 5 in a while, so I can't say anything on it's progression, but looking at 343's social media, we're constantly seeing double xp's and other events being showcased. Much less that the grind to tier 100 is only meant to last for a season. I know they said that progress won't be lost come season 2, but still, that means a large percentage of the playerbase may be missing out on season 2 unlocks, whatever that's going to be, because they're stuck on grinding through season 1. That's not going to make the playerbase happy. They're just going to feel like they have even more to do when they're not even done with the first chunk, ultimately resulting in them quitting. Much less if we're supposed to grind out that much of the game every 3 or 4 months with no events or strategies to alleviate the grind, I can't imagine it would lead to a higher playerbase.
They have already said that once unlocks become available they stay available so even if some one cant complete season one unlocks they can keep grinding them or start season two if they like. Hopefully by season two they implement the ability to use your points on whatever item you want that is available. The grind to max xp should be long IMO. For example the xp grind of H4 was a joke, you could max it out in like a month or two. Now the xp grind of H5 was a bit perhaps to long for most but to long is way better than too short. But anyways to get back on track players don't have to worry about missing out on items. I haven't looked into how long a season is or even how much xp is to get to the end of season one because they have said it will always be available to grind out the xp needed.
JDT92 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

When I say H5 is getting more love than MCC, I mean 343 is doing more things to get the community involved and active in the game. Just look at their social media postings. Every weekend is another double XP event and constant map rotation updates to the playlists, as well as forge creation spotlights. All things to get players active and involved. Sure, MCC gets playlist tweaks, but arguably the biggest issue right now is player's displeasure with the progression system. The fact that it's just a tedious grind, and 343 has been extremely tight lipped other than the one update going on 3 weeks ago about how they intend to fix it increases player frustrations. That and the fact that every Reach match still utilizes the TU settings when players have asked for a change leaves many feeling ignored, ultimately resulting in leaving the game.
This is total BS. I have everything possible, without spending money, unlocked for Halo 5 and MCC. I don't play everyday, and not endless hours at a time. Halo games have been the most forgiving in the loot box era. No duplicates, no need to spend anything. Just play for fun, and I have unlocked everything. No charge for any new maps or modes over the past few years.
LethalQ wrote:
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
They have already said that once unlocks become available they stay available so even if some one cant complete season one unlocks they can keep grinding them or start season two if they like. Hopefully by season two they implement the ability to use your points on whatever item you want that is available. The grind to max xp should be long IMO. For example the xp grind of H4 was a joke, you could max it out in like a month or two. Now the xp grind of H5 was a bit perhaps to long for most but to long is way better than too short. But anyways to get back on track players don't have to worry about missing out on items. I haven't looked into how long a season is or even how much xp is to get to the end of season one because they have said it will always be available to grind out the xp needed.
It is 10,699,000 XP to get to tier 100, it's not long at all. Then for people still on season 1, it shouldn't affect anything, because they said the next seasons will be unlocked via challenges, so they shouldn't have any affect on each other.
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
JDT92 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
It's really not that bad, at all, especially now with even more XP allowed. I would be really shocked if micro transactions were introduced to MCC. At the same time though, I would definitely do it if I was them, because alot of people want tier 100, just not spend the 90+- hrs it takes to get there to earn it, therefore they could definitely make money off of it.
I don't imagine this happening because:

A) MCC's season system is designed in such a way that when a new season begins, points earned can be used towards the current or previous season.

B) 343i has stated they are looking into implementing a system where once a Season Point is earned, you can purchase an item within that specific tier (I.E. items for levels 20-30.)
JDT92 wrote:
MCC has also been doing events like the YapYap playlist, chances to earn multiple nameplates, they're going to have featured rotational playlists like the current Freeze Tag one for example and in the future they'll have challenges to earn XP. I'm sure if MCC had a forge system like H5, then it would also get more attention. What's funny is that you're praising all the double XP they've been doing, but that's mainly happening because of all the people that have been complaining about H5's grindy progression system. They've talked about adjusting MCC's progression system in a few dev blogs and they have added an Auto Slayer option for 4's and they're testing an AR start playlist in Reach BTB which I think is a good compromise instead of always starting with a precision weapon.
The current season started two and half months ago. If you haven't reached tier 100 by now. I'm sorry, you must have better things to do. That is good, don't blame the game.
The current season started two and half months ago. If you haven't reached tier 100 by now. I'm sorry, you must have better things to do. That is good, don't blame the game.
I will blame the game, and I'll even go so far as to blame the community as well. Yeah, I've got better things to do, so it's infuriating that I can't customize my Spartan the way I like it in a reasonable time without forgoing real world obligations. Yeah, I'll concede the grind could be far worse. But instead of considering how annoying it is that the only way to feel rewarded for playing is by going up against arrogant punks who spend all day playing and finish off a match of SWAT by saying "Ez W" in the chat when the team was composed of casuals who just want to have fun, y'all doggy pile when an honest concern is raised by noting a recent trend in a developer's actions, as well as the trend in the market as a whole. Just because you were able to get to Tier 100 before New Year's doesn't mean it's a reasonable system. Don't forget, this is still a game that most of us already busted our -Yoinks!- to get the armor we wanted 10 years ago, and for there to be absolutely 0 recognition of that history, we're told "It's not that bad! Git gud scrub!" So yeah. You win. I give up. I'm going to bed.
JDT92 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

This is total BS. I have everything possible, without spending money, unlocked for Halo 5 and MCC.
Did you unlock the voices of war req pack in halo 5 for free?