Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

More Character Customization in Reach MCC?

OP OGHyper1

I'm not saying more armor pieces with new models. I'm, just saying it would be cool to add more armor slots in Halo Reach's already expansive customization system. Maybe add a left arm wrist slot and a right arm wrist slot so you can have two modules on both wrists. Or a left leg and right leg utility for the same thing. I'd also like to see more helmet customization, like more modules for more helmets and not just 3 sets of modules for each helmet. I feel like stuff like this can be a cool feature for little effort. Idk what do you guys think?
Even though it is unlikely, it would be a great feature.
What I want is the ability to save armor sets, so when my friend come over to play split screen, they plug their controlles in and just load one of my saved armors.
OGHyper1 wrote:
I'm not saying more armor pieces with new models. I'm, just saying it would be cool to add more armor slots in Halo Reach's already expansive customization system. Maybe add a left arm wrist slot and a right arm wrist slot so you can have two modules on both wrists. Or a left leg and right leg utility for the same thing. I'd also like to see more helmet customization, like more modules for more helmets and not just 3 sets of modules for each helmet. I feel like stuff like this can be a cool feature for little effort. Idk what do you guys think?
The Reach coustomization maybe can have a Cr shop
Something like this could be something they can add in the future, once the game is in near perfect condition.

I'm not an expert in these things, but I feel like adding even more depth to the customization actually would be a heavy duty effort.

Still, I love the idea!
It would be cool, but It's less likely to be add at launch than as they get more comfortable with the engine and know it won't break stuff.
I dont know if it’ll happen. BUT! It’s a really cool idea. Having two utilities and 2 wrist attachments would just make your guy look even more bulkier, and in my opinion that’s cool because the majority of people wanted to make their halo Reach Spartans as big as possible
Considering they're prioritizing bug fixes and QoL improvements, I don't see them implementing what you're asking for.
I've thought about this before and am glad to see in not the only one who's wants it.
Here's some more ideas from me, a primary and secondary color option for every individual armor piece, and adding Jorge's more orange visor color.
And for the helmet modules you were talking about I have 2 ideas. Either just add a fourth option for each helmet, or this one being way more complicated let us choose up to 3 modules per helmet (left top right) giving us all module options for each helmet.
Let's not forget about the elites if possible they should have more customization.
I agree that this is a cool idea, but I think it's unlikely to happen for two main reasons:.
1) Although it sounds easy enough to implement this sort of addition, it almost certainly can't be as simple as we might expect it to be. Anyone with better development insight please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
2) Honestly, even though it takes literally nothing away from the original customization system, there'd be fans who hated it just because it changed the original game in any way, at all. This is a common reason I imagine 343i isn't particularly interested in revision/addition to almost anything in the MCC beyond the obvious; Halo has got a fan base that will whine about almost anything imaginable (I'm not excluding myself from that either, at times.) Why take the chance putting in extra work for something that may make the fans angrier than happy? From their point of view, it makes sense to simply focus on bringing a very faithful redeuax into the MCC instead of shaking things up.