Skip to main content
This is not a complaint. This is an observation, please just provide feedback if you have had the same experience?

Upon replay, Halo 3 ODST on Xbox got more difficult. Not too crazy to manage, but things have changed and it's noticeable. In addition, I just noticed Halo CE has been more difficult in a few areas.

Enemy awarness has clearly been changed. Areas that I could sneak through on Mombassa Streets I have to alter the route. In the Maw on CE, sentinals are WAY more aware of the player and do damage quicker.

Just two examples but let me know if anyone else has experienced similar changes after the PC and season updates.
While I can agree the games we tougher in the MCC vs the OG version I doubt 343 dove into the heart of the OG coding to make the games tougher on Xbox one. I thing the increase in the difficulty is related to the increase of FPS. Most of the enemies are "moving faster" due to increased FPS.
This is not a complaint. This is an observation, please just provide feedback if you have had the same experience?

Upon replay, Halo 3 ODST on Xbox got more difficult. Not too crazy to manage, but things have changed and it's noticeable. In addition, I just noticed Halo CE has been more difficult in a few areas.

Enemy awarness has clearly been changed. Areas that I could sneak through on Mombassa Streets I have to alter the route. In the Maw on CE, sentinals are WAY more aware of the player and do damage quicker.

Just two examples but let me know if anyone else has experienced similar changes after the PC and season updates.
MCC has been a bit more difficult in specific parts of the game yeah.

One glaring issue is the difficulty of the Reach mission Long Night of Solace during the Sabre space section. Its a nightmare on Legendary according to numerous people who have gone through it when previously it was doable on OG Reach with some effort.

One glaring issue is the difficulty of the Reach mission Long Night of Solace during the Sabre space section. Its a nightmare on Legendary according to numerous people who have gone through it when previously it was doable on OG Reach with some effort.
Once again, that’s a frame rate thing.
Projectiles & enemies technically travel faster due to the FOS increase which in turn did make the mission harder.

Still doable though, just gotta be a bit more careful
TheDonCJG wrote:

Projectiles & enemies technically travel faster due to the FOS increase which in turn did make the mission harder.

I’ve heard its enemies actually being far more accurate but I cant say for sure since I’ve never actually completed a Halo game on Legendary, let alone Halo Reach which is one of the most annoying to finish on higher difficulties.
TheDonCJG wrote:

I’ve heard its enemies actually being far more accurate but I cant say for sure since I’ve never actually completed a Halo game on Legendary, let alone Halo Reach which is one of the most annoying to finish on higher difficulties.
Don’t worry, it took me a while to get used to legendary back in the day too. Defo ain’t easy. I’ve had plenty of practice now though.

On legendary the enemies are going to be more accurate by default. That’s just how difficulty works. Enemies will be more aggressive and more accurate.

In terms of why MCC for Xbox One seems to be more difficult in comparison to their original counterparts then it is due to the higher frame rate. The more frames you have in an older game that wasn’t designed for it can sometimes change physics and movement of it’s not implemented correctly.
Hence why the 60 FPS made a notable difference on Long Night of Solace. At least that’s my understanding of it.
LethalQ wrote:
While I can agree the games we tougher in the MCC vs the OG version I doubt 343 dove into the heart of the OG coding to make the games tougher on Xbox one. I thing the increase in the difficulty is related to the increase of FPS. Most of the enemies are "moving faster" due to increased FPS.
I think this can explain much of the change, however, that wouldn't explain enemies that "wake up" faster and easier in ODST Mombasa Streets after ODST launched for PC and Xbox got the playlist update. I'm also comparing MCC to MCC as opposed to MCC to OG Xbox.

Maybe it's anecdotal, something just seems different. I speedrun all Halo's and am in the top 2000 typically for all levels, so I've got a solid sample size.
I don't about anyone else but I don't have any trouble with the challenges. A couple deaths here and there but over all I haven't experianced what anyone else has said. Perhaps I don't recognize it.
There do definitely exist few differences between the original version and the MCC version for the Halo games. However, the section with the most significant difference is the Sabre section in Long Night of Solace where the enemies in the MCC version are much deadlier due to unknown reasons.

One explanation for these differences may be due to 60 Hz tick rate compared to a 25 or 30 Hz tick rate for most all of the earlier console Halo games.
I would be down for a Legendary Firefight playlist. Make the XP payout a bit higher and you got yourself a challenge.