Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

More player colors across the games?

OP Mr Wicks1329

I think a Nice touch would be more colors to each game to help personalize ourselves better from one another with variety & adding cheifs proper colors would be nice to, this is his collection
I hope that we get a darker Black for Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4. If they don’t, I won’t complain though
I hope that we get a darker Black for Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4. If they don’t, I won’t complain though
Feels I'd prioritize other things then this but I feel this would be easy to do
Why couldn't we just use RGB values or hex codes to set our armour colour at this point? Why do we have to be limited to the presets from back in the day? Yes, some colour settings and combinations might look awful, but so what? We would have total freedom to make it whatever we want.
How about they just put in a color wheel and call it good? I think that would be the simplest and best option personally.
I for one an in full support of allowing more choice in player character colors in Halo. In this case, having RGB and HSV/HSL sliders (with values going from 0 to 255), along with the ability to input hex color codes, will allow for far greater color flexibility.
If we could customise colours for each individual part, that would be awesome. Problem is, 343i seems to be leaning towards the Armour Coatings idea. (regarding Armour Coatings, I made a previous post about a website similar to lego ideas where you could submit your own Armour Coating and if it gains enough upvotes, 343i will review it and possibly add it to H:I)
An RGB slider or a color wheel would be AMAZING, in my opinion. I run a primary orange base color. Sometimes, like in CE, 2 Classic and H4, it looks like TRUE orange. But in Halo 3 and Halo 2 Anniversary, they are completely OFF: Halo 3 looks like Mustard Yellow and the closest to orange on H2A is PEACH...and that's supposed to be borderline PINK. I haven't tested this with other colors in the spectrum, but the color orange is VERY different across all games.
I think a Nice touch would be more colors to each game to help personalize ourselves better from one another with variety & adding cheifs proper colors would be nice to, this is his collection
Chief doesn't have a color that u could easily implement, his character model and armor is akin to a Shader, there sre gouges, scars, dirt grime, and the armor itself has more detail than a simple color scheme. With that said there is a base color in every game akin to his armors color but it will look flat when compared to his because it doesn't have the specific textures and colors applied.
A actual Black for the Halo's

Halo CE had a good one, but they changed it to Steel and that's just a dark grey.
More colours would be nice, including a proper black. I want to replicate the Halo 3 Assault Spec-ops Elites from the campaign mission Floodgate. Although, I'm not sure if those Elites actually use a black colour...last time I did the mission, only one Elite survived and he looked...blue coloured?
Foombles wrote:
Chief doesn't have a color that u could easily implement, his character model and armor is akin to a Shader, there sre gouges, scars, dirt grime, and the armor itself has more detail than a simple color scheme. With that said there is a base color in every game akin to his armors color but it will look flat when compared to his because it doesn't have the specific textures and colors applied.
You know 343 should able to implement coatings in this don't you think? Maybe they can still use primary and secondary color positions that you choose that would be wild but likely unlikley
Foombles wrote:
You know 343 should able to implement coatings in this don't you think? Maybe they can still use primary and secondary color positions that you choose that would be wild but likely unlikley
It would be awesome but unfortunately I doubt they would have the resources or time...
I can't even find a mod work around for this.
I would like to see the Halo online Color meter it uses. That would be awsome to.
Oo yeah I'd love an actual black color for Halo Reach over just the dark gray steel that we have.