Recently I posted something about the Unreal Engine used in Halo MCC, and they answered me that it was only for UI things. Then, right now when i was scrolling trough the forums and i saw it again, and an idea came to me: why they dont make more use with the engine, now that they confirmed it will make use of the console memory?? Like making a Halo CE multiplayer with a new engine, like Halo 2A (Halo 2A MP uses a different engine from the campaign,why not do the same with Halo CE??)
That's likely gonna require a ton of work if it's even possible and I don't think it's a good way to use resources when there's still a lot of problems with the current CE that need to be fixed.
Maybe the real question should be why do we need the Unreal engine in the mcc at all?
it takes valuable space for what purpose ?
cosmetic armor so we can play dress ups with our Spartans ? skins on guns so they look pretty
nameplates , emblems ?

I just can't help but wonder if the resources being poured into this could be better spent on you know things like really rewarding gameplay options
.such as but not limited to
Reach ( we could be actually playing the gameright now rather than waiting for the above mentioned )
Odst firefight
more H2A maps
fixing a slew of ongoing bugs and glitches in the current mcc .
mcc already has an functioning system of progression or achievements
fixing/solving the well documented server issues for a better mp experience
custom games browser.
Offline bots with forge support
ect ect ect

I used to think we could have both but memory limits on the existing hardware have made me rethink what's really important to me as a halo fan of mcc . I've done grinding cosmetic thing for a bit on h5 and other modern shooters it's not particularly rewarding or even meaningful . My enjoyment and I suspect most people are similar it always comes back to gameplay options . the mcc population drop away isn't because of cosmetics or lack of season pass
cosmetic armor so we can play dress ups with our Spartans ? skins on guns so they look pretty
nameplates , emblems ?

This is probably one of the most requested feature I’ve seen from the community. People have been complaining about the lack of armor options when compared to the originals for years. If you are feeling impatient about Reach you can play it with backwards compatibility.

In regard to OP making a completely new multiplayer suite in UE seems completely out of the question. It’s too resource costly and it wouldn’t be true to any title in the MCC.
nameplates , emblems ?

This is probably one of the most requested feature I’ve seen from the community. People have been complaining about the lack of armor options when compared to the originals for years. If you are feeling impatient about Reach you can play it with backwards compatibility.

In regard to OP making a completely new multiplayer suite in UE seems completely out of the question. It’s too resource costly and it wouldn’t be true to any title in the MCC.
Impatience for reach isn't my over riding point it's rewarding gameplay experiences over playing barbie and Ken dolls with spartans, especially in light of the fast filling Xbox one memory capabilities.
Crappy servers and no players to play with but hey check out my cool looking spartan!!!
Server issues is the most requested feature and will be until 343i address it and fix it.
... Seriously? They used the Unreal Engine for the collection?
... Seriously? They used the Unreal Engine for the collection?
They implemented it mainly so they could add more customization for the games.
Maybe the real question should be why do we need the Unreal engine in the mcc at all?
nameplates , emblems ?

I just can't help but wonder if the resources being poured into this could be better spent on you know things like really rewarding gameplay options
Reach ( we could be actually playing the gameright now rather than waiting for the above mentioned )
Odst firefight
more H2A maps
custom games browser.
ect ect ect

I used to think we could have both but memory limits on the existing hardware have made me rethink what's really important to me as a halo fan of mcc . I've done grinding cosmetic thing for a bit on h5 and other modern shooters it's not particularly rewarding or even meaningful . My enjoyment and I suspect most people are similar it always comes back to gameplay options . the mcc population drop away isn't because of cosmetics or lack of season pass
UE4 is not only being used for customization, but also for the UI of the game as a whole. The current UI we have in retail MCC would feel horrible on PC, which is why they are investing time and resources into refining it. You might not care about progression and customization, but there are many Halo fans out there who do. Additionally, progression systems play a big role in player retention as they incentivize individuals to keep playing.

It is important to look at the bigger picture.
omarlotrc wrote:
nameplates , emblems ?

Odst firefight
more H2A maps
custom games browser.
ect ect ect

UE4 is not only being used for customization, but also for the UI of the game as a whole. The current UI we have in retail MCC would feel horrible on PC, which is why they are investing time and resources into refining it. You might not care about progression and customization, but there are many Halo fans out there who do. Additionally, progression systems play a big role in player retention as they incentivize individuals to keep playing.

You can have any progression system you want , cosmetics ect to grind for but if mcc stays as is is with the server lag no one will bother, long term . the reach beta was as per normal for OS players so 200+ ping, you can dress it up with a pretty UI but it's a real and ongoing issue that will effect player base retention far more than any progression system ever will.
omarlotrc wrote:
nameplates , emblems ?

Odst firefight
more H2A maps
custom games browser.
ect ect ect

You can have any progression system you want , cosmetics ect to grind for but if mcc stays as is is with the server lag no one will bother, long term . the reach beta was as per normal for OS players so 200+ ping, you can dress it up with a pretty UI but it's a real and ongoing issue that will effect player base retention far more than any progression system ever will.
Many of the issues associated with server lag are a result of playing on distant servers. If more people played the game, the issues you speak of would not be as common as they are currently.

That said, I agree that lag is a serious problem in this game.
Honestly, why does it matter? Compilers are smart, they aren’t linking the entire engine to MCC, it’s intelligently linking parts depending on what includes are used and how the linker is called. If they are just using the UI components of unreal, then almost everything else is not present. I use Unity for my game dev, if I made a 3D game, the 2D engine isn’t compiled. If I don’t use a light map, that complement gets stripped out of the final build.

But they can’t remake it without changing how the game works, which would Liss everyone off. I do a lot of jumps that are extremely precise and any change to physics, player movement, geometry... would screw with them.