Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Multiplayer as a Whole is Nearly Unplayable

OP d The Doctor b

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Krom088 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
As far as Halo things go, it truly is a tragedy man. This game could have been such a great tribute, lasting for years with a high population. :/
I wouldn't lose hope, the MCC is far from being the only game that's had a bad launch. I'd like to point out that Steam, the nexus of modern PC gaming, used to be one of the most hated things in the PC gaming community. Things may seem bad in the present, but when a game is fixed people don't complain about it anymore because there is no point in holding a grudge against the people who made the game. They would rather just play the game and have fun, and forget about the past. Halo 5 may be around the corner, but it's release won't just magically erase peoples' desire to play classic Halo games. Even after Halo 5 is released, I'll still come back to the MCC regularly because the games there offer a different, simpler experience. The bugs will all be riddled out eventually, and no matter how adamant people are they will come back in time.
I'm sorry but I'm not very encline to believe that (to say the least). If the game has been such a disaster for 8 months (man, it's huge in current games' lifespan, it's during this time lap that the game should have been awesome, not in one or two years), with so little (efficient) support from 343i, you'd be very optimistic to think that the game will end, a day, working as it was intented to, especially with the push on H5.

Since the H5 beta, I'm not really waiting for this new game, but at least I thought I could still have a solid Halo experience on the MCC. I only ask to be proven wrong, but it seems that really won't happen given the situation today.
It's hard for many people to see the progress this game has made, because these things can't be fixed overnight and the bad habits of players quitting and such. Regardless, the game has come a long way. People say the game is unplayable now, but back then it was literal. There may be a few blackscreen hiccups and a quitter or two in a match, but now it actually works. Some people are freaking out over the lack of recent updates, but they're forgetting that 343 has two separate teams working on Halo 5 and the MCC, so they're not just sweeping it under the rug. Remember, every storm runs out of rain, eventually.


2. Ranked playlists are fun and give an incentive to keep playing the playlist, but after you break rank 10 or so it becomes absolutely necessary to search with a team if you want to win(and if you don't care about winning, then why are you playing ranked?).
On that point, Halo 4 can only be played in its ranked playlist (not counting the larger BTB maps of course). Also some game modes are only in Halo 2 classic and Halo 3 ranked playlists like objective modes as well. So not everyone in the ranked playlist is going to play for wins or super hardcore. As long as I am having a good time I could care less what number is next to my gamertag really.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Krom088 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
As far as Halo things go, it truly is a tragedy man. This game could have been such a great tribute, lasting for years with a high population. :/
I wouldn't lose hope, the MCC is far from being the only game that's had a bad launch. I'd like to point out that Steam, the nexus of modern PC gaming, used to be one of the most hated things in the PC gaming community. Things may seem bad in the present, but when a game is fixed people don't complain about it anymore because there is no point in holding a grudge against the people who made the game. They would rather just play the game and have fun, and forget about the past. Halo 5 may be around the corner, but it's release won't just magically erase peoples' desire to play classic Halo games. Even after Halo 5 is released, I'll still come back to the MCC regularly because the games there offer a different, simpler experience. The bugs will all be riddled out eventually, and no matter how adamant people are they will come back in time.
I'm sorry but I'm not very encline to believe that (to say the least). If the game has been such a disaster for 8 months (man, it's huge in current games' lifespan, it's during this time lap that the game should have been awesome, not in one or two years), with so little (efficient) support from 343i, you'd be very optimistic to think that the game will end, a day, working as it was intented to, especially with the push on H5.
Since the H5 beta, I'm not really waiting for this new game, but at least I thought I could still have a solid Halo experience on the MCC. I only ask to be proven wrong, but it seems that really won't happen given the situation today.
It's hard for many people to see the progress this game has made, because these things can't be fixed overnight and the bad habits of players quitting and such. Regardless, the game has come a long way. People say the game is unplayable now, but back then it was literal. There may be a few blackscreen hiccups and a quitter or two in a match, but now it actually works. Some people are freaking out over the lack of recent updates, but they're forgetting that 343 has two separate teams working on Halo 5 and the MCC, so they're not just sweeping it under the rug. Remember, every storm runs out of rain, eventually.
As you said, the game has come a long way. It's totally true, I won't deny that. Before March it was almost unplayable, and especially in party. It's not about not seeing the path that has been done, it's about seeing what's left to do and the current situation.

Things have greatly improved, but it does not mean the current state of the game is close to what it should have been. Many bugs are less frequent, but still there. I don't know why but these last weeks, it was difficult again to join friends or to have a stable party (not to the point of pre-March updates though). Many gametypes are still not optimized. The quit ban related to Xbox reputation is a lazy and noxious way of dealing with quitters.

Unfortunately, time has passed and the main issue that makes me disagree with you is that TMCC currently has the health of a game that is at the end of its lifespan. People have massively left during the first months. Ranks have eventually been implemented (and not flawlessly...), but we already experience the bad effects of low population (see this very thread), leading to a poor matchmaking experience (quits, long search times, unfair matchmaking...), and this is why people talk about "unplayable game" IMO, while it's not exactly for the same reasons than a few months ago. And from this poor experience, we have entered a vicious circle. And that's it.

You say things will improve again, I understand this point of view, but that's not mine. Maybe. But how long will it take? H5 is coming (with Winter also ; ) ). The experience will degrade even more. People won't come back, it's a lost cause at this point. But that's only my opinion.
i never have any of these problems :3
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2