Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

My Journey to 100% of Halo: MCC's Achievements

OP MrSamsonBakr

@343Industries

One of my greatest friendships was started through Halo. Roughly 8th grade year, I found Rooster Teeth "Halo Reach Fails of the Week." The chaotic, random, and stupid multiplayer moments was intriguing to me, which later lead to the soul purpose to my purchase of Reach on the 360. Seemed like none of my schoolmates played Halo, except for two, which started a revolution. They had told me all their great times in the campaigns and their respective multiplayers, they grew up on Halo 2 and 3, as they shown me my way to some of the most unforgettable moments of my life shortly after.
343's amazing idea to bring all previous Halo's to a single disc lead to hundreds of hours of voluntary blue light exposure within a year, right before 5's release. We all agreed to chase the achievement for completion of CE, 2, 3 and 4 on legendary(Monopolized,) for Helioskrill. As young teenagers it was challenging, especially The Library and Gravemind. The armor was so rewarding come Halo 5: Guardians' release date. After 5, we hardly touched the MCC, we left for college and didn't hear much from each other, never time to play, plus the long distance didn't help contribute to our late night gaming sleepovers. Summer of 2019 we were all back home, first time together in awhile, our choice of bonding was of course the MCC. One night, one of my two friends randomly ran across the small number of the amount of people to have "100%ed" the MCC, his bright idea was to become one of the few.
So we started immediately, we found the Halo Completionist's channel; and I have to give a great thanks to that man, without his extremely helpful guides, none of this would have been touched. Already having about 250 done out of the 500 through our old casual gameplay, we started off strong with an additional 100 achievements completed before summer's end. They were starting to burn out as I was just getting started, most moments I could I would do what I could complete. Eventually getting to the last 20 achievements, Reach along with an additional 100 achievements were added to MCC, our fight was reunited and brought me to the inevitable, Halo 2's legendary speed run, taking me about 2 months to complete, brought me to the final few achievements... all the LASO's. After a long and much procrastinated timeline we crawled our way through the easiest ones, we inched our way through CE's LASO together. They did their part, leaving me to do HALO 2 LASO to do on my own, this past week I buried myself into all 13 excruciating missions. This evening I have completed the final LASO and the final achievement for MCC.
Becoming one of 1529 people that have fully completed the MCC (that is the number I found anyways.) After 2 years of actually pursuing it, I felt like I have written my homage to over my favorite series, but most importantly to my greatest of friends. Their friendship didn't start through Halo, but that what brought me into their's. I couldn't be more thankful for them, Bungie, 343, and the communities their work has created. I have enjoyed the campaigns that show an amazing story that you can pick up and play for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or even 50th time. I have enjoyed the multiplayer that always has moments you'll never come across again. I have enjoyed the random moments and chats with kids or grown men playing Halo 2 multiplayer on a random Monday morning match that is being played well over a decade after it's release. Halo is the game that keeps on giving, I have given it all that I could, and I have enjoyed my entire journey, our entire journey.
As I bask in the excitement for Infinite's release, I have a feeling of promise that it will be a game that I can play over and over. I respect those who have reached Rank 152 in Halo 5: Guardians, that is a boat-load of hours poured into a single game and I am happy to hear they will have a reward for accomplishment in Infinite. Though, I wish 343 Industries would add a reward in Infinite for those who have poured countless hours into the completion of Halo The Master Chief Collection.

-Thanks to all that finished this story and may have enjoyed it
Man as much as I love Halo I wish I could get to 100 percent completion of achievements especially since I do love getting achievements. But I just don't have the patience or desire for LASO or the under three hour legendary speed runs.
100% Completion is a commitment…well done!
Hey congrats, I was the 4th player to reach 700 achievements. Just three days after Reach came to MCC.
And what do we get after achieving 700 achievements? Absolutely nothing!
Hey congrats, I was the 4th player to reach 700 achievements. Just three days after Reach came to MCC.
That’s awesome to hear! But yeah I would appreciate so sort of reward. It doesn’t have to take skill to reach Rank 152 compared to 100% on MCC:/
Congrats!

I wish Halo MCC had no Glitchy/broken achievements… Like I just finished the Master Chief Sage playlist and somehow, missions 10 and 11 aren’t done but everything else are (44/46). Rip another achievement and many hours :S
Akeepman wrote:
Congrats!

I wish Halo MCC had no Glitchy/broken achievements… Like I just finished the Master Chief Sage playlist and somehow, missions 10 and 11 aren’t done but everything else are (44/46). Rip another achievement and many hours :S
Same exact thing happened to me in that same playlist and in halo 4’s LASO playlist. Figured it out eventually, DO NOT split screen. It usually messes up on cutscene missions on split screen but not on co-op on separate consoles, not yet for me anyways.
Welcome to the 700 Club!
I think I was in the 800’s for 100% competition.

I met my buddy on Halo 3 around 2009/2010. We payed and became friends even to this day. We did all of MCC together. Halo started that friendship and brought it across the many other games and activities too.

Getting that 700th achievement in MCC is something I’m quite proud of. It’s a testament to a series that really made me fall in love with gaming.
Well done, it is a significant accomplishment for sure. The LASOs themselves are an accomplishment along with all the other achievements.