Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

My proposal ideas to improve the XP system.

OP irwin XD

Hi i´ve been playing halo mcc for a while and i´ve been thinking about this.

I remember when HR came to the collection the max amount of performance and TW. was 8,000 each one, and when i played firefight if i got the medals second gunman or road rage you could get 8,000 TW XP, now if u play firefight the TW XP is a joke! we need a boost on that,for example my ideas are: if u got a first strike it could be 1,000 XP for TW and each assist medal could be of 500XP and if u get the medal called "road rage" (Be the driver of a vehicle when passengers kill 15 opponents) it could have
a value of 12 or 18000 XP, the same with "Second gunman" idk those are my ideas,please let me know yours.
Now on matchmaking the only problem from my perspective is on H3... the same situation, the TWXP on H3 is a joke! i mean you can see your assists in the score table after each game, but my point is... those assists are like if they were a ghost.. they dont have any value!, we need the same TW XP system that have HCE and H2C.

My Last sugestion is focused on the challenges, i think 343 said that the challenges would be of 4 classifications:
-Weeklys (PvE and PvP)
-Seasonal
-And something about festivities
well my sugestions are the next ones: they could increase the value of some challenges focused on the campaign, i mean i remember on HR from 360
there were some LASO challenges with a High CR Value, they could do the same here on mcc and incite players to make the LASO achievements they could have
a value of idk maybe 50,000-100,000 XP, and about the 4th classification of challenges i can only remember when they added 2 challenges focused on the halloween holiday, they should give us more of those
challenges in future festivities.

Let me know your sugestions, and i hope 343 could see this post.
The problem with XP is, you have to wait until it's done to see how much you've earned. You can't go back and view it at any given time. They should also let you see a summary of the xp earned and show each medal as a value.

For improving.
  1. Get rid of the finishing bonus -stops the boosters.
  2. Program it so every couple of weeks is a double xp event.
I think that bringing back daily challenges and commendations would definitely help the XP situation. Also, whatever happened to Double XP weekends? Those were awesome, and would be a welcome addition into the MCC.
It think the XP system should be on a more open system rather than the linear path its on now, maybe add some customisation to the individual ranks that you can achieve could add to some interest outcomes in my opinion.
[EDIT]
I get that this is not what this thread is about but i just thought i would express my opinions on the way ranking works now! :)
  1. Program it so every couple of weeks is a double xp event.
+1 to increased XP events. We have not had one in MCC in a long while it feels. A friend of mine and I were chatting recently and he had made the point that he hoped that with Halo 4's PC release they would have done something like a quadruple XP weekend/week or something to celebrate but not even a double XP.
All honesty, just add dailies and events. Maybe even a firefight event lik, if you get x amount of points for an endless firefight mode, you get x amount of xp. Itll be fun and players can grind for a day or two. Maybe even at the end of the day it caps out to prevent cheesing it. Double xp is too flat out. PvE modes are available and its perfect.
I think the same Daily challenges would be something awesome.

Double exp event should be at least 1 weekend per month.
Unfortunately, I haven't really analyzed the MCC ranking system to significant extent. However, I'm a bit surprised that I have already managed to collect 1.6% of the xp required for the final rank and this is despite the fact that I haven't played matchmaking to a significant extent. The only xp I have collected is xp from completing PvE challenges and a minior amount of xp from Firefight Matchmaking.

However, it would be great if 343 was a bit more transparent about the xp payouts in order to make it a bit easier to analyze the system. Something that would be preferable is that the exact xp payouts was stated in the end game report as it's a bit too hectic for my mind to document the payouts when they get added to the xp bar directly after the game.
Unfortunately, I haven't really analyzed the MCC ranking system to significant extent. However, I'm a bit surprised that I have already managed to collect 1.6% of the xp required for the final rank and this is despite the fact that I haven't played matchmaking to a significant extent. The only xp I have collected is xp from completing PvE challenges and a minior amount of xp from Firefight Matchmaking.

However, it would be great if 343 was a bit more transparent about the xp payouts in order to make it a bit easier to analyze the system. Something that would be preferable is that the exact xp payouts was stated in the end game report as it's a bit too hectic for my mind to document the payouts when they get added to the xp bar directly after the game.
Original Reach did that. Even if you skipped it and left the lobby, you could still load up the xp and see the breakdown.