Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Nameplate Feedback Request

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
You know, it would actually be pretty cool if we could see more BLM and Pride related nameplates.

Better LASO unlockables also would stand out and make people think “oh wow what a challenge that must have been”.

A nameplate commemorating people who made 343 approved maps/gamemodes or featured in community spotlights as well perhaps?

More nameplates for doing stuff, basically.

And also more stuff for Black Lives Matter/LGBT allies. Piss off bootlickers.
You know, it would actually be pretty cool if we could see more BLM and Pride related nameplates.

Better LASO unlockables also would stand out and make people think “oh wow what a challenge that must have been”.

A nameplate commemorating people who made 343 approved maps/gamemodes or featured in community spotlights as well perhaps?

And also more stuff for BLM/LGBT allies.
I don't wanna be *that guy*, but let's try as best as we can to keep that kinda stuff out of video games. Video games are an escape for many from the toxicity of what's going on now (I'm not picking sides) and bringing reminders of that into the game just isn't the best right now. If a nameplate of a police siren for a fictional police department in a video game can't be a nameplate because of current events, then that stuff shouldn't be either, it has no relation to the game anyway. I don't mean to be rude, but it's just kinda all or nothing without doing anything as a double standard you know?

I agree, I’d love to see a Blue Lives Matter nameplate

I don't wanna be *that guy*, but let's try as best as we can to keep that kinda stuff out of video games. Video games are an escape for many from the toxicity of what's going on now (I'm not picking sides) and bringing reminders of that into the game just isn't the best right now. If a nameplate of a police siren for a fictional police department in a video game can't be a nameplate because of current events, then that stuff shouldn't be either, it has no relation to the game anyway. I don't mean to be rude, but it's just kinda all or nothing without doing anything as a double standard you know?
Idk man the LGBT community havent ever killed someone in their sleep after breaking into their house. Or that time we threw tear gas at people. Oh wait no that didnt happen did it.

Dont even go there.

Politics are in all games and always have been. Yeah I want to show off my comfortableness with my sexuality. Sue me.

You dont want to be *that* guy but you are being *that* guy. I dont give a crap about that nameplate that was removed. It deserved removal. It wasnt even that good a nameplate all things considered.

Im sorry but no. You cant use that -Yoinking!- “video games are an escape” excuse every time you are confronted with reality. You cant -Yoinking!- argue that video games are art without acknowledging that they reflect off of the modern world.

You cant have it both ways. Pick one.

Idk man the LGBT community havent ever killed someone in their sleep after breaking into their house. Or that time we threw tear gas at people. Oh wait no that didnt happen did it.

Dont even go there.

Politics are in all games and always have been. Yeah I want to show off my comfortableness with my sexuality. Sue me.

You dont want to be *that* guy but you are being *that* guy. I dont give a crap about that nameplate that was removed. It deserved removal. It wasnt even that good a nameplate all things considered.

Im sorry but no. You cant use that -Yoinking!- “video games are an escape” excuse every time you are confronted with reality. You cant -Yoinking!- argue that video games are art without acknowledging that they reflect off of the modern world.

Politics haven't always been in video games, therefore you are wrong.

Dont even go there.

Yes, they have.

Pretty much as soon as the medium actually grew into popular acclaim it has incorporated political themes time and again. If you never saw them, sorry but you’re just -Yoinking!- blind.

Dont even go there.

Yes, they have.

Pretty much as soon as the medium actually grew into popular acclaim it has incorporated political themes time and again. If you never saw them, sorry but you’re just -Yoinking!- blind.
You said "politics are in all games and always have been" which is technically false.

Dont even go there.

Yes, they have.

You said "politics are in all games and always have been" which is technically false.
If you’re going to use a technicality try a less vague, less useless technicality.

Anything else you need to add to that Detective Holmes or are you done licking the “politics shouldnt be in games” boot?

Dont even go there.

Yes, they have.

If you’re going to use a technicality try a less vague, less useless technicality.

Anything else you need to add to that Detective Holmes or are you done licking the “politics shouldnt be in games” boot?
It's called actually being logical and thats all I have to say. Now you can continue wasting your time trying to justify your point which is pointless. Have a good day
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is why we can't have nice things.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11