Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Need tips on Long Night of Solace on Legendary

OP Papa Underwood

I'm not a good Halo player but Reach on Legendary has been surprisingly really fun. It's challenging without being unbearable and impossible, however Mission 5 is really getting on my nerves. Not really sure if it's just me but the ship section is ridiculously hard, IMO, it also doesn't help that ship sections like these make me a bit dizzy.

If anyone has any tips for this mission (particularly taking out the 5+ Seraphs at the end of the ship section), I would greatly appreciate it.
Find a piece of cover like a space station or another ship and fly near it. Attack the enemy ships and hide behind cover when your shields drop. At least one ship will be close enough to attack. This level is definitely one of my all-time favorites, but it seems like 343i has made the level harder than the original version.
While in space, Go rambo, until you start running out of shields. When you do, you should find cover until they're back to 100%.

When you board the ship, wait for the 2 elite rangers to come out. Assassinate them both if you can. Otherwise, just shoot them. When you go inside, use stealth to your
advantage.

GET BUBBLE SHIELD! AND KEEP IT THROUGHOUT THE MISSION!

For the rest of the mission, just shoot the smaller enemies, and use n00b combos (Precision weapon & plasma pistol) on all the elites. You should be fine until then.

A more detailed guide might be useful. Here's a video:
For the Sabre part you absolutely have to hide behind Anchor 9. Kill a few banshees or seraphs and then hide immediately behind the space station. Never stray too far from cover and you just might make it.
For the Sabre part you absolutely have to hide behind Anchor 9. Kill a few banshees or seraphs and then hide immediately behind the space station. Never stray too far from cover and you just might make it.
This is basically what I did. I think it's the graphical upscaling that makes it so difficult in MCC. Once you get out of the space portion, the rest is easy. Just have to keep micro-ing your health.
So I used all of your tips and I got through the Sabre section, even if it took a long time. I killed a few enemy ships and hid behind the big UNSC ship and the rest of the enemies died out. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out, your responses got me through possibly the worst section of the game (on Legendary).