Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

New Firefight Modes in Older Games?

OP BruhEpicGamer

I think it'd be an awesome idea to add Firefight modes to all the games in the MCC. I've always liked Firefight, and only 2 games having them is unfortunate. Do you want to see Firefight added into older Halo games? If so, which ones?
I like that idea. Halo 3 would be awesome addition and maybe even to see Anniversary FF. SPV3 has CE flood fire fight and firefight, maybe they can take some ideas from them and add it to Halo 3 or Halo CE itself. Halo 2... idk if the chaotic coding can support fire fight being added.
I'm all for more Firefight modes. Firefight really should've become a staple of the series after Halo: Reach...

But the first game I would add Firefight to would be Halo 2: Anniversary, since it has no PvE content of any kind... and Halo 2: Anniversary is in desperate need of new content, more so than any other game in the collection.
Honestly, a Flood variant of Firefight is way overdue, if you ask me. I don't know if it was due to technical limitations or what, but as the Flood came to Earth, it would have fit right in with Halo 3: ODST's version of the gamemode.
Make it happen 343. Give us the Firefight update.
If we use something like this, 343 can add enemies to the maps we know.
You can’t see anyone’s H2A Spartans so definitely a H2A firefight.
Yes please
Honestly, a Flood variant of Firefight is way overdue, if you ask me. I don't know if it was due to technical limitations or what, but as the Flood came to Earth, it would have fit right in with Halo 3: ODST's version of the gamemode.
Totally agree.
If not new modes, how about new maps for the firefight we have?
Totally agree.
New maps would be very welcome as well 😁
Totally agree.
Unfortunately I think the cost in amount of dev work this would entail would be far above what any potential reward. I would absolutely love to see it, but I think our best expectation for any future evolution of Firefight would be in Infinite.

That said... Halo 3 ODST mods to introduce some aspects (e.g. Flood as the models are in the H3 engine) might be possible from the community.