New Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary Season 7

OP Halo2Warfare

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Halo 2 Anniversary Map DLC Season 7 or future Seasons Update : For a future Season Update, for Halo 2 Anniversary, I think It would be an awesome idea to remake all of the Halo 2 classic Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, more or less a Map DLC for Halo 2 Anniversary. So far we only have Zenith, Bloodline, Awash, Remnant, Stone town, Lockdown, Shrine and Skyward. It would be nice to see more big team battle maps like District for Halo 2 Anniversary. In my personal opinion, I feel like all of the other halo games have gotten some kind of season update but for Halo 2 classic or Halo 2 Anniversary not as much content.

Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Customization And Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer Customization: For customization, It would be awesome if we could use the Elites from the Campaign in the multiplayer. Some examples would be the High Councilor Elite Amour, Honor Guard Elite Amour, Heretic Leader Amour, Arbiter Elite Armor, those are just some examples, there are also the Minor and Major variants and other types of Elites that I did not mention.(Please feel free to fix me if the names of the different classes of Elites in Halo 2 mention where wrong)

Halo 2 Classic Season 7 or future Seasons Update: For Halo 2 Classic, the models and textures of the weapons, vehicles, and the player models could get an update similar to Halo CE and Halo 3. So far those updates makes the game look newer and more eye appealing. Anything from weapon and vehicle skins would be fine. Also a toggle switch would be much needed to keep the game as original as possible for those who wish to keep the game like that. Similar to the toggle switch for Halo 3.

Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer Hit Register: Please fix the hit register for Halo 2; a similar fix that was done to Halo 3 could work for Halo 2 Hit registration problems but it might be more than just a simple fix.

"Halo 2 Code is a mess"
I understand why people say that as development was rushed for Halo 2 Classic, but I feel like 343i has the talent to do something with Halo 2 Classic.

Halo 2 Anniversary Forge: Updating and adding more content to Halo 2 Anniversary forge would be great so the Halo Community could make good use of it.

Bonus Content For Halo 2 Classic: Halo 2 Vista launched back in 2007 along with a Map Editor (Forge Mode). Adding a Forge Mode to Halo 2 Classic would be good for the Halo community to make new maps and content for Halo 2 Classic. One good map to add to Halo 2 Classic is the same map that is shown in the trailer in the video described below. I name of the map is called Example and comes with Halo 2 Vista along with the Map Editor.

Here is a video of the Halo 2 Vista Trailer That Shows The Map Editor(Please Add this Map Editor To MCC, Don't let these Assets go to waste)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R732hjLVmjg
The Map Editor portion starts at 0:42-0:55 along with the Map "Example" that is shown using the Map Editor in Halo 2 Vista. Porting the Map "Example" over to MCC and adding it to matchmade games or host custom games would be great as well.

Halo 2 Vista Custom Maps that where made using the Map Editor
Some Halo 2 Vista Custom Maps could be added to the MCC that where made by the Map Editor as new content. One good map is Frostbite along with many other maps. All of the other Halo games seem to get new content so adding new content to Halo 2 Classic would be nice.

Halo 2 Cut Missions/Content
Adding some of Halo 2 Classic Cut Content would be great for the Modding Community and for MCC in general.

Good Job 343i
So far 343i is doing a good job bring more content to MCC and porting those games over to PC and get new and old players to come back and play the game once more. Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary are the only 2 games that mainly have not gotten as much content compared to the other Halo games in MCC. It would be nice to see content for those 2 games.

Final Note
Halo 2 Anniversary was meant to celebrate Halo 2 10th Anniversary with upgraded graphic/cinematics which was very well received. But I feel like other games in the collection has received more love and attention (not saying that Halo 2 Classic/Anniversary hasn't receive attention or love) which is all good news to hear and make that population of halo players happy and wanting to play the game more. But I feel like time is running out to see some kind of Season Update for those 2 games and Celebrate Halo 2 10th Anniversary the way it was suppose to be celebrated and received back when it launched with all of the Halo 2 Classic Maps Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary.

Golden Chief Avatar
I have noticed that some of my friends on MCC have a Golden Master Chief Avatar, which I think based on some research was given out to players that played from November of 2014 until December of 2014 along with a code for Halo 3 ODST. I think its a very unique exclusive and good looking avatar and its been exclusive to those players for about 7 Years by now. I think it would be great for other players to get a chance to unlock those avatars for MCC for doing certain things like challenges.

Halo 2 Anniversary Spectre
Another great idea is the Halo 2 Anniversary Spectre coming over to multiplayer, so far its only in campaign for H2A. I think its one of the missing vehicles in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayers. The addition of this vehicle would be great for custom games and matchmade games or an Elite themed game type as well. Not sure if it would be easy to just port over the model to multiplayer, and also adding this would make it on par with Halo 2 Classic.

If New Maps where to be Remastered, what new maps would you guys like to see?

Any feedback from the community is greatly appreciated!
Halo 2's coding is way too fragile to be messed with.
Halo 2's coding is way too fragile to me messed with.
They could at least add more content to Halo 2 Anniversary and Remaster the 25-ish Maps or port some custom maps for Halo 2 Classic. Not all 25-ish maps have to come at the same time, if possible remaster 1 or 2 maps per season, even if that means that not all of the 25-ish maps will get a remaster. I would really like to see the Map District from Halo 2 Classic Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo 2 Anniversary was meant to celebrate Halo 2 10th Anniversary but I feel like the other Halo games have gotten more love and attention.
Halo 2's coding is way too fragile to me messed with.
They could at least add more content to Halo 2 Anniversary and Remaster the 25-ish Maps or port some custom maps for Halo 2 Classic. Not all 25-ish maps have to come at the same time, if possible remaster 1 or 2 maps per season, even if that means that not all of the 25-ish maps will get a remaster. I would really like to see the Map District from Halo 2 Classic Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo 2 Anniversary was meant to celebrate Halo 2 10th Anniversary but I feel like the other Halo games have gotten more love and attention.
Remastering a map is a lot more than just reskinning a level. It’s actually a tonne of work with lighting, bug fixing and porting into matchmaking. Especially 1 or 2 per season. The whole creative process of making something from scratch would take too long.

They could maybe add customs maps that people made with the map editor but even then we run into the problem of Halo 2’s code being so messy adding a map to the game would probably break more things.

If the MCC live team was bigger and Infinite wasn’t right around the corner I could see it happening but at the moment H2A barely gets any love at all and that’s because no one is really playing it anymore

I would love to see it happen but my faith in that possibility is very very low as of right now.
I have been asking for more OG H2 maps to be remastered for H2A but they have never even hinted at even thinking about it. Odds are they probably won't ever do it.
LethalQ wrote:
I have been asking for more OG H2 maps to be remastered for H2A but they have never even hinted at even thinking about it. Odds are they probably won't ever do it.
If the demand is there and people keep on asking for it, then there might be a change and hope for it to happen.
They could forge all the halo 2 maps and put them in to mp
It would be nice to port some of the Halo 2 Vista over to MCC and play on them
While that could work for the smaller, simpler maps like Gemini, Foundation or Ivory Tower (in fact it has been done with those and some others by the community), it's a different story for Big team maps and maps with lots of dynamic elements. The trains on Terminal, for example, can't be replicated in Forge, and neither can the stalactites on Waterworks or the conveyor belts on Elongation. Containment alone is larger than either of the Canvas maps, and the budget certainly isn't big enough to accommodate the number of objects needed.
While that could work for the smaller, simpler maps like Gemini, Foundation or Ivory Tower (in fact it has been done with those and some others by the community), it's a different story for Big team maps and maps with lots of dynamic elements. The trains on Terminal, for example, can't be replicated in Forge, and neither can the stalactites on Waterworks or the conveyor belts on Elongation. Containment alone is larger than either of the Canvas maps, and the budget certainly isn't big enough to accommodate the number of objects needed.
What 343 could do is update the Forge Mode in Halo 2 Anniversary so those things could be implemented. But I would really like to see the Map District from Halo 2 Classic be remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary. To make the remaster version of District they could use the assets from the campaign Outskirts from Anniversary and use the same objects, and buildings and keep the same art style to make it.
What 343 could do is update the Forge Mode in Halo 2 Anniversary so those things could be implemented. But I would really like to see the Map District from Halo 2 Classic be remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary. To make the remaster version of District they could use the assets from the campaign Outskirts from Anniversary and use the same objects, and buildings and keep the same art style to make it.
Even if they don't remaster it, District could be easily remade in Forge using regular blocks, ramps, etc.. I think I recall seeing one of those in OG Reach years ago.
Do you know the name of the map District that was make in Halo Reach forge or have screenshots or videos of it, it be nice to play on it once the custom browser comes out for MCC?
I also feel like Halo 2 classic and Halo 2 Anniversary should get some kind of update, at least a texture update for the weapons and vehicles like they did for Halo CE and Halo 3 for the Spartan. Also adding the Map Editor which I think is called forge now sounds like an great idea too. I know that Halo 2 vista you could play on custom maps and it be nice to add those maps to MCC along with the map editor and see what 343 could do to update it or make it work on MCC.
I also feel like Halo 2 classic and Halo 2 Anniversary should get some kind of update, at least a texture update for the weapons and vehicles like they did for Halo CE and Halo 3 for the Spartan. In my opinion I think it would be a good idea to use the same Spartan model from Halo 2 Anniversary for H2A multiplayer. Also adding the Map Editor which I think is called forge now sounds like an great idea too. I know that Halo 2 vista you could play on custom maps and it be nice to add those maps to MCC along with the map editor and see what 343 could do to update it or make it work on MCC.
All of those along with Elite customization would be great and we just have to hope that 343 will make those things happen in a future season update.
In my opinion I think it would be a good idea to use the same Spartan model from Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign for H2A multiplayer as an option but with different colors. Now that 343 is adding more maps to Halo 3, why not add more Halo 2 Vista Maps to Halo 2 Classic on MCC, especially the custom maps. If its possible for Halo 3, then its maybe possible for Halo 2 Classic.
In my opinion I think it would be a good idea to use the same Spartan model from Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign for H2A multiplayer as an option but with different colors. Now that 343 is adding more maps to Halo 3, why not add more Halo 2 Vista Maps to Halo 2 Classic on MCC, especially the custom maps. If its possible for Halo 3, then its maybe possible for Halo 2 Classic.
I can agree with all of those things, anything added to Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary for a season update would be great. There is a video showing that its possible to port maps over to MCC, it was done with Halo CE when it came to PC, they ported a map from Halo CE Custom Edition over to MCC, evidence that its possible.
I can agree with all of those things, anything added to Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary for a season update would be great. There is a video showing that its possible to port maps over to MCC, it was done with Halo CE when it came to PC, they ported a map from Halo CE Custom Edition over to MCC, evidence that its possible.
There is no halo ce custom edition. Its halo pc and halo ce i.e halo custom edition. And which map was ported
They could update the map editer and make h2 forge
They could update the map editer and make h2 forge
Yes I agree with that, adding a Map Editor to Halo 2 Classic would be great, we will be able to make our own maps and play on them and make custom games with them.
There is no halo ce custom edition. Its halo pc and halo ce i.e halo custom edition. And which map was ported
It was a map that was ported over from Halo CE Custom Edition if I'm right over to MCC when Halo CE was released on PC for MCC.
Here is a video that shows that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElnwjXW53Y
To add content for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary, it be nice to port some of the Halo 2 Vista Custom maps over to MCC and remaster some of the Classic Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5