OP Halo2Warfare

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
There is no halo ce custom edition. Its halo pc and halo ce i.e halo custom edition. And which map was ported
It was a map that was ported over from Halo CE Custom Edition if I'm right over to MCC when Halo CE was released on PC for MCC.
Here is a video that shows that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElnwjXW53Y
To add content for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary, it be nice to port some of the Halo 2 Vista Custom maps over to MCC and remaster some of the Classic Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary.
Wow, that's very impressive how they where able to port over a Custom made map over to MCC just 2 days after Halo CE was released on PC. I hope 343i could do the same for some of the Halo CE Custom Edition maps and even better some of the Halo 2 Vista Custom maps since Halo 2 Classic really needs some content added to it. Its the only game that hasn't really got any new content so far. If 343i is able to modify a Halo Online map to work for Halo 3, why not modify a Halo CE Custom Edition and Halo 2 Vista Custom maps and port them over to MCC?
They could forge all the halo 2 maps and put them in to mp
While that could work for the smaller, simpler maps like Gemini, Foundation or Ivory Tower (in fact it has been done with those and some others by the community), it's a different story for Big team maps and maps with lots of dynamic elements. The trains on Terminal, for example, can't be replicated in Forge, and neither can the stalactites on Waterworks or the conveyor belts on Elongation. Containment alone is larger than either of the Canvas maps, and the budget certainly isn't big enough to accommodate the number of objects needed.
Actually the stalactites on Waterworks can be replaced by the stalactites from Halo 2 Anniversary Lockout. They just have to modify the textures to make it fit the cave like environment for Waterworks. I would say that could work for the meantime as both work similarly.
Halo 2's coding is way too fragile to be messed with.
With that said they did apparently add back unfinished halo 2 content into the game files for some reason. A youtube found them and modded them into multiplayer.

including the unmounted unsc LMG which was supposed to be a weapon And an unfinished version of the falcon vehicle to name a coupe of them.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
With that said they did apparently add back unfinished halo 2 content into the game files for some reason. A youtube found them and modded them into multiplayer.

including the unmounted unsc LMG which was supposed to be a weapon And an unfinished version of the falcon vehicle to name a coupe of them.
Those were already present in OG Halo 2, but were initially left out of the MCC port (they probably didn't see the need to port them given that MCC was so rushed). Adding them back in wouldn't require much extra effort, just a careful touch.
You could at least at the other elite ranks as armor sets no?
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

Those were already present in OG Halo 2, but were initially left out of the MCC port (they probably didn't see the need to port them given that MCC was so rushed). Adding them back in wouldn't require much extra effort, just a careful touch.
True but I don’t get why they added them at all? It doesn’t seem likely they will actually integrate them into the game as they are very bugged or incomplete.

perhaps it’s added back specifically for modders to use in the future?

I highly doubt they have any intent to finish bungies old un fishes work that’s nearing 20 years old.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

This is great content that they added back to Halo 2 Classic and MCC in general. I would also like for them to add the other features and content to Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary for a Future Season Update or at least Remake some of the Halo 2 Classic Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary since its the only 2 games that have not received as much content as the other games in MCC. A Map DLC Update for Halo 2 Anniversary would be an amazing.
Personally, Truth on H5 might be favorite map of all time. I wonder how much 343 wants for a H2A Midship remaster as well as some big team maps? Maybe if we have a crowdsource like petition...
Ape Create wrote:
Personally, Truth on H5 might be favorite map of all time. I wonder how much 343 wants for a H2A Midship remaster as well as some big team maps? Maybe if we have a crowdsource like petition...
Midship already has a Forge remake in H2A called Oracle. It's more spaced out than the original (though not as open as Truth) with different weapon spawns, but it's still a pretty good remake.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

This is great content that they added back to Halo 2 Classic and MCC in general. I would also like for them to add the other features and content to Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary for a Future Season Update or at least Remake some of the Halo 2 Classic Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary since its the only 2 games that have not received as much content as the other games in MCC. A Map DLC Update for Halo 2 Anniversary would be an amazing.
I do think it is cool but there’s a huge caveat. The content is really unfinished and not really acceptable for use in multiplayer. And I doubt they are gonna finish bungies close to 2 decade old unfinished work.

for example the falcon in H2C does not have complete textures and has extremely wonky flight ability too. I’m not sure if the weapons on it even work. It's very incomplete even if it can fly.

the suppressed SMG is very bugged. 1 for some reason it doesn’t create bullet holes if the host is using it. And creates less holes than normal when the a non host player uses it. 2.this is much worse, when the host dual wields suppressed smgs, the damage unexplained drops to like 10-20% of its normal damage output. Non- host players do not have any damage drop off.

that is for peer to peer connections specifically but who knows what might happen on dedicated servers.

those are just two examples of why the content can’t really be integrated unless it’s fixed and completed
Ape Create wrote:
Midship already has a Forge remake in H2A called Oracle. It's more spaced out than the original (though not as open as Truth) with different weapon spawns, but it's still a pretty good remake.
I would say a remake by 343i will be much better in terms of graphics/art/ and skybox vs making a simple looking map (not saying that using forge to remake maps is a bad thing, or maps made in forge look bad), just saying that if 343i makes the maps themselves, it would look better and have much more potential.
While that could work for the smaller, simpler maps like Gemini, Foundation or Ivory Tower (in fact it has been done with those and some others by the community), it's a different story for Big team maps and maps with lots of dynamic elements. The trains on Terminal, for example, can't be replicated in Forge, and neither can the stalactites on Waterworks or the conveyor belts on Elongation. Containment alone is larger than either of the Canvas maps, and the budget certainly isn't big enough to accommodate the number of objects needed.
Actually the stalactites on Waterworks can be replaced by the stalactites from Halo 2 Anniversary Lockout. They just have to modify the textures to make it fit the cave like environment for Waterworks. I would say that could work for the meantime as both work similarly.
Wow, I never actually realized that a remake of Waterworks is actually possible due to the stalactites actually are in the game, not sure if its in the Forge, but 343i has stalactites in form of ice in Lockdown so its possible to use the same properties for Waterworks, just have to change the way they look but use the same physicals and all. If 343i makes the maps, then the budget thing would not be a problem I would assume. I do like the idea of a Waterworks map remake for Halo 2A.
X19Doug95 wrote:
I feel like 343i has a lot more potential to bring more than just armor sets as that is one of the things they could bring into MCC for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary as they already exist in the game. It would also be nice to see new remastered maps for Halo 2 Anniversary one being District for Big Team Battle. 343i has a lot of talent make nice looking maps and make amazing skyboxes for new Halo 2 Anniversary Maps.
Ape Create wrote:
That may be true but a complete remastered map by 343i could be so much better in terms of graphics/skybox etc.. I would like to see a complete remake of the map District and I feel like they could use the same assets from the campaign since its basically takes place in the same area/mission as Outskirts. Most of the work is already done just have to make the rest of the map.
X19Doug95 wrote:
I feel like 343i has a lot more potential to bring more than just armor sets as that is one of the things they could bring into MCC for Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary as they already exist in the game. It would also be nice to see new remastered maps for Halo 2 Anniversary one being District for Big Team Battle. 343i has a lot of talent make nice looking maps and make amazing skyboxes for new Halo 2 Anniversary Maps.
Maybe for H2A can have full customization. But you must have read about how H2 code is barely holding together as it is. Look I would love to customize my H2 character. but I don't see it happening.
They aren’t going to bother. Too busy with halo online BS and fluff content
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

Have any evidence? Because from what was shown it was present in the beta files and not in the final game, the falcon at least along with the LMG. The prophets chair and shadow do exist in base xbox halo2. And we all know the vista version is used for Halo 2 on MCC.
Ape Create wrote:
That could work but asking politely is probably the best option, also getting enough attention for 343i to see that people want to see new content for Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 2 Classic is great as well. I really hope some kind of new content for those two games will come to Season 7 or Future Season Updates
Its still broken and needs to be fixed and while they are fixing it they can add skins and eltet armours from campaign
Its still broken and needs to be fixed and while they are fixing it they can add skins and eltet armours from campaign
I agree with that, they could at least add those things to Halo 2 Anniversary as well as Remastered Maps and find a way around to add customizations for Halo 2 Classic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5