Hi there, if you haven't noticed, if you jump on the MCC on January 1st (New Years Eve) & load up A custom match on Halo 3 Valhala & another on Halo 2 Zanzibar, you will find 2 little secret signs on both Maps

Halo 3 Valhala

Halo 2 Zanzibar

Happy Hunting & Happy New Year Spartans
That's pretty neat. If my memory serves me correctly Halo 3 used to have a ton of these on Valhalla for different days.
I looked at the one on christmas and the new years day one just now and I didn't get the achievement.
Exenius wrote:
That's pretty neat. If my memory serves me correctly Halo 3 used to have a ton of these on Valhalla for different days.
Yeah they have like their own day set for each certain date, these are the days:
  • January 1 (New Year's Day): Make Love Not War
  • April 22 (Earth Day): A skull with a recycling sign.
  • May 5 (Cinco De Mayo): Toady Was Live!
  • July 4: BBQ at Bob's Place (this is a reference to Marathon in which you kill BOBs or BOB-B-Qing).
  • July 7 (Bungie Day): Seventh Column Symbol.
  • October 31 (Halloween): A grave stone that has the initials "R.I.P," meaning "Rest In Peace."
  • November 11 (Veteran's Day): Kilroy Was Here. (Reference to a doodle that became popular in the WW-II era)
  • December 25 (Christmas): A Christmas light with an X on it.
I really did like it how Bungie did this as a secret, honestly my personally favorite Easter egg. But I just remembered whilst typing this, Longshore has this Secret also on the certain days
Exenius wrote:
Zanzibar did in Halo 2 as well including the Are You Finding Ling Ling's Head
Exenius wrote:
The whole Ling Ling that still baffles me. In a good sort of way though. Probably one of my favorite anomaly's in any game ever.
Exenius wrote:
Exenius wrote:
The whole Ling Ling that still baffles me. In a good sort of way though.
I love it
I believe there is an achievement for seeing one of these on Zanzibar. I'm just too busy slaying newbies to go look at it for a second. haha