Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

No way to fix broken achievements?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would normally say this is a Microsoft issue (which it still probably is?), but I'm just curious. As many of you are probably aware, the MCC has had numerous issues, one of them being centered around achievements. Idk if any of you have had the issue of your achievement progress being reset (like KOTH medals, Grenade kills, Legendary medals). For me some time ago (a couple years, maybe even more than once) my progress was restarted. In game it still shows as follows
  • 95 of 100 legendary medals (i counted)
  • 660 grenade kills
  • And around 230 KOTH medals
Despite what it shows in-game, for the achievements i have

• 39% legendary medals 39/100
  • 48% grenade kills almost 250/500
  • 34% KOTH medals 85/250
Its really more annoying than anything, I just like to get achievements done and out of the way (especially for the MCC)

Just wondering if a mod or someone at 343 (if they even see this :p) will be able to help. Or if this is something even Microsoft could help with and i'll try there.

And lastly a fun note i have 107% MCC completion status, even though i haven't beaten all campaigns on Legendary -__-
That 107% is strange.
Anyway, those 3 achievement you listed have had problem since day one: multiple times they have been resetted, and the legendary medals are just really bugged. The easiest legandary medal is the Steak one ( can’t remember the name ) which is: win a slayer with more than 20 kills than your opponent. I haven’t recieved one since a year I think.
I hope they are now fixed: this means maybe something you did before the update doesn’t count anymore.
D4vid 360 wrote:
That 107% is strange.
Anyway, those 3 achievement you listed have had problem since day one: multiple times they have been resetted, and the legendary medals are just really bugged. The easiest legandary medal is the Steak one ( can’t remember the name ) which is: win a slayer with more than 20 kills than your opponent. I haven’t recieved one since a year I think.
I hope they are now fixed: this means maybe something you did before the update doesn’t count anymore.
Nah the update didn't do anything. They were glitched before the update for some time. My Legendary missions are all out of whack too. That's really annoying because some missions i beat on legendary no longer counted so i had to just redo them all -_-
I had the achievement for the legendary campaigns way before the update, but me too on mcc service records appears I have not completed some mission.

Anyway the problem of the achievement has to do with Halo mcc itself, not microsoft or xbox live. It is halo mcc not recording some of these.
The best way to get them is to boost them with other people in one single sitting. That's what I did and never had any resets.
Yazite wrote:
The best way to get them is to boost them with other people in one single sitting. That's what I did and never had any resets.
Best not to talk about boosting on these forums.

rL NoOdLE wrote:
I would normally say this is a Microsoft issue (which it still probably is?), but I'm just curious. As many of you are probably aware, the MCC has had numerous issues, one of them being centered around achievements. Idk if any of you have had the issue of your achievement progress being reset (like KOTH medals, Grenade kills, Legendary medals). For me some time ago (a couple years, maybe even more than once) my progress was restarted. In game it still shows as follows
  • 660 grenade kills

• 34% KOTH medals 85/250
Its really more annoying than anything, I just like to get achievements done and out of the way (especially for the MCC)

Just wondering if a mod or someone at 343 (if they even see this :p) will be able to help. Or if this is something even Microsoft could help with and i'll try there.

And lastly a fun note i have 107% MCC completion status, even though i haven't beaten all campaigns on Legendary -__-
107% probably has something to do with ODST being added and messing things up.

Also, not all Legendary medals are created evenly. I remember reading somewhere that Legendary medals in certain games didn't count to the achievement - perhaps it was H2C or HCE or something (even though they should). It's possible that this applies to the other medals as well.
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

rL NoOdLE wrote:
Why? It's not even mentioned in the forum rules.
Yazite wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

rL NoOdLE wrote:
Bc its promoting improper behavior.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Yazite wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

rL NoOdLE wrote:
Didn't realize there was an etiquette in unlocking buggy achievements.
Yazite wrote:
Mr Vacha wrote:
Yazite wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

rL NoOdLE wrote:
I think it comes down to being along the lines of cheating.

I totally know what you mean about buggy achievements though!
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:
Mr Vacha wrote:
Yazite wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Yazite wrote:

rL NoOdLE wrote:
I think it comes down to being along the lines of cheating.

I totally know what you mean about buggy achievements though!
Is it really cheating though? If you use legitimate means, i.e. searching at the same time to match up. How is that exploiting game glitches or modding? If you do it specifically to ruin other people's games, I can understand, and that would be violating the Xbox code of conduct - griefing.
The achievements can be buggy but you can grind them out. I have grinded out all the multiplayer achievements bugs and all legitimately, along with most of the campaign achievements.
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
  • 660 grenade kills

• 34% KOTH medals 85/250

These aren't buggy achievements. I would get on TrueAchievements with some people, either set up a gaming session or find others with sessions that don't have these achievements and game with them. I was able to get ALL of the matchmaking achievements with other gamers on TA. Some nice guys on there who are willing to help out. I'm getting ready to set up another session for Spartan Ops this weekend. Should be able to finally complete that noise. TA has some good tools to track your achievements and progress.

The 107% is a over all completion of the entire game. It goes well beyond that.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
  • 660 grenade kills

• 34% KOTH medals 85/250

Yeah achievements on the MCC seem to be very buggy. Hopefully 343 will eventually sort it out, but I'm not expecting it any time soon. Until then, just keep trying I guess, and hopefully they'll unlock eventually.
Some tips... The legendary medals, for me it seemed the only ones that counted were the steaktacular and perfection. Steaktacular is some what easy in the HCE soical or ranked playlist. Perfection which ever Halo you are good at I guess. The environmentalist medal, definitely the H2A playlist where you can shoot down the ice and the fusion coils seem a bit stronger on it.

Also medals earned in action sack don't seem to count towards achievements (I think don't quote me on that, but it just seemed that way as I recall getting exterminations but my achievement count didn't go up even though it's a legendary medal.)
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
Yeah achievements on the MCC seem to be very buggy. Hopefully 343 will eventually sort it out, but I'm not expecting it any time soon. Until then, just keep trying I guess, and hopefully they'll unlock eventually.
Agreed, I have got mine, but this has been a very annoying process at the time, posted something about it as well. Even if they can't fix the in game tally with the information given in-game (and i would be fine with that even if some didn't previously count towards the achievement, as ashaman mentions.) I hope that the current count doesn't restart/lower again for anybody. with the current improvements it seems possible to also solve this perhaps? Everyone who deserves the achievement should get it. good luck!
LethalQ wrote:
The achievements can be buggy but you can grind them out. I have grinded out all the multiplayer achievements bugs and all legitimately, along with most of the campaign achievements.
I would agree with you if the achievements didn't reset. I've always done Halo's achievements legit first, but if they don't work or reset, then I'll gladly boost them.
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah that's certainly one option. I mean I'm going to keep playing because i love Halo but i think it's more annoying to see different representations (inaccurate ones) of my progress. And the leaderboards are never working i swear. But the game is still playable which i'll gladly take over leaderboards anyway especially when people exploit.
Yazite wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I would agree with you if the achievements didn't reset. I've always done Halo's achievements legit first, but if they don't work or reset, then I'll gladly boost them.
I have seen no evidence posted ever that showed achievements reset. All my counts for stuff have all always stayed the same over all the patches that have came out over the years.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah that's certainly one option. I mean I'm going to keep playing because i love Halo but i think it's more annoying to see different representations (inaccurate ones) of my progress. And the leaderboards are never working i swear. But the game is still playable which i'll gladly take over leaderboards anyway especially when people exploit.
I have never paid any attention to any leaderboard especially when it comes to achievements. Achievements should be just for your own self accomplishment.
LethalQ wrote:
Yazite wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I have seen no evidence posted ever that showed achievements reset. All my counts for stuff have all always stayed the same over all the patches that have came out over the years.
I think the issue with that is that nobody expected the achievements to be so buggy so nobody documented their achievements before they were reset or messed up. I seem to recall seeing various posts about peoples campaign progress being messed up or reset completely. I had this happen to me with at least Halo 4. I worked my way through solo Legendary, got to maybe the 3rd to last mission and stopped. Then when i came back some time later i tried to finish the campaign but even though the missions showed i beat them on Legendary the actual achievement never came up, so i had to redo all of them because i had no idea what counted or didnt count.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2