Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

No way to fix broken achievements?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It's not the fact the achievements are buggy, is the fact the theres not good or accurate documentation on how to get them. The best places I've found for decent information on how to get achievements is TrueAchievements and few well known gamers that post good videos on how to get achievements on YouTube.

Again, all the achievements are attainable, it's just how you set up the game to get them is what matters.
It's not the fact the achievements are buggy, is the fact the theres not good or accurate documentation on how to get them. The best places I've found for decent information on how to get achievements is TrueAchievements and few well known gamers that post good videos on how to get achievements on YouTube.

Again, all the achievements are attainable, it's just how you set up the game to get them is what matters.
Attainable is too strong of a word I would use. For quite some time that Halo 3 achievement (Complete The Ark level without vehicles) was unavailable to owners of digital copies due to a bug. I am sure its been fixed now, but the MCC has a pretty bad track record with achievements properly unlocking, especially when some of the more difficult multiplayer achievements will randomly drop their progress.
Maybe however I never owned a digital copy. Always buy physical media.
I think some of the achievements are glitchy, i noticed that sometimes if were playing a playlist and were towards the end of the map, the game seem to freeze and I got booted to the dash board, thus having to start all over again. Then there are some of the random achievements that don't seem to pop expectedly, like IWHBYD skull on H2. Tried for months to get it, finally got it. Don't know if it was luck or method. Same for Flipyap on H3. Never saw any problems on match making multiplayer achievements. I got into lobbys and game sessions with other gamers going for the achievements. Some took longer than expected however did eventually pop after accumulating the required amounts. Did see some achievements not pop immediately, rather a few minutes later playing the campaign on H2. We ended The Great Journey on CoOp Legendary, Other gamer got the achievement, I didn't however soon as I re-entered the map and started the game again, it popped. There are some oddities for sure. However still, attainable if the game is set up right for each achievement. Over all MCC has been good for achievements. At least for me and others I play with.

Well just like UnheardCarnage said, they WERE buggy, there were numerous cases of tons of different people complaining about the same things. Granted this was year(s) ago, and most, if not all of the achievement issues are fixed. My problem is that i should've already unlocked at least the Grenade Kills one, seeing as how i have over 600/500 kills. There are certainly worse things that could've happened though.

But yes the MCC was ridiculously buggy at launch, i would sometimes get achievements for the MCC to pop when i wasn't even playing the game, or you'd have to reset your console for them to register.
Something to contact MS game support or 343 about.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2