Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Noob Friendly Halo = Higher population

OP IN L0VE WITH U

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm an active and above average Halo MCC player, I go in games usually by myself and get matched with full teams of 8 (big team battle), and get destroyed, and when I back out I get banned.
Teams should only match teams.
If they can't find a game, It's still fair for individual non-team players.

"Noob friendly halo and fast-constant finding of games", Will be a huge step for bringing the Halo franchise back from the dead.

Also, I think the ban is too strict, in an already dead game.
Especially when match against K/D fanatics, You just want to quit because it's not fair.

Please consider this.
I love halo and would love to see it thrive again, Higher Population is the key for an amazing game!!
Noob Friendly Halo Is The KEY.
I'm an active and above average Halo MCC player, I go in games usually by myself and get matched with full teams of 8 (big team battle), and get destroyed, and when I back out I get banned.

"Noob friendly halo and fast-constant finding of games", Will be a huge step for bringing the Halo franchise back from the dead.

Especially when match against K/D fanatics, You just want to quit because it's not fair.

Please consider this.
I love halo and would love to see it thrive again, Higher Population is the key for an amazing game!!
Idk man, your K/D and W/L ratio in MCC is good enough that I wouldn't think you'd be complaining.

If teams only match teams, they're going to have really slow and inconsistent finding of games, or just get the same team against them again and again, especially if it's groups of 4 or more.

If you don't want to be banned and don't care about K/D and your team is getting slaughtered, stay in the game until it ends, then back out and get a new lobby.

I'd also make the argument that it's not a dead game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Please consider this.
Idk man, your K/D and W/L ratio in MCC is good enough that I wouldn't think you'd be complaining.

If teams only match teams, they're going to have really slow and inconsistent finding of games, or just get the same team against them again and again, especially if it's groups of 4 or more.

If you don't want to be banned and don't care about K/D and your team is getting slaughtered, stay in the game until it ends, then back out and get a new lobby.

Halo MCC is trash, 343 killed Halo.
simple as that.

I'm not even getting the new Halo, I'm waiting for the new Call Of Duty.
Halo is a dead game.
You've played almost 3,000 mulitplayer matches of a trash game?

That's like complaining to your waiter that the food was terrible despite the fact you completely cleaned your plate.

If you're just here to troll, go do that somewhere else.

Please consider this.

simple as that.

Halo is a dead game.

That's like complaining to your waiter that the food was terrible despite the fact you completely cleaned your plate.

It's fun, but it's dead.
I said I love halo, But 343 is lacking.
Bungie needs to come back.

Please consider this.

simple as that.

Halo is a dead game.

It's fun, but it's dead.
Lol have you seen thre dumpster fire that are destiny 1 and 2? You really want that dev mindset to take over? >.<

MCC isn't trash. I find games with good connections consistently, with very small wait times.

And 343 isn't that bad either. H4 had a pretty good campaign, H5 had some excellent multiplayer, and MCC has finally become a platform to play Halo on without a headache for the foreseeable future. 343 has been trending in the right direction at least.

Please consider this.

simple as that.

Halo is a dead game.

It's fun, but it's dead.
Bruh... Bungie as we knew, it doenst exist anymore.
I don't think the ban is strict enough. Your first quit its only 2 minutes? You kidding? Next one 5? That is way too lenient. I do feel there needs to be some sort of party matching sometimes. I seem to only find teams when I am playing solo, but when I am in a full team I just match solos.
I'm in a weird position on this. Because I both agree that it's not really fair for eight randoms to match against a full team, but also that I'm usually on those teams. I almost always play with 5-8 people and we usually absolutely dominate. We tend to not really consider IF we're going to win, but how fast. I can't even remember the last time I lost a game.

I hope that they can find some way to simply prevent players from getting matched against the same team multiple times in a row. It doesn't bother you that there are teams roaming around destroying everybody except other teams, right? Just that you're getting matched against them too frequently. I often see the same names on the enemy team multiple games in a row, and in that case, I feel really bad for them.

We know it's not fair to solo players, but there is also really nothing we can do about it. My team purposely backs out of the search regularly specifically to try our best not to frustrate people we keep getting matched with. Perhaps after a game, send the individual players directly back into a search, but give large teams a small waiting period, not long enough to annoy teams, but long enough to let solo players find another game.

We also try our best to not be toxic. If the entire team quits and two lone guys stick around to fight us even though they have no chance, one of us will usually send them a message like "sorry your team quit, thanks for sticking it out." If one of the enemies actually scores a flag cap, we'll often just send a "gg" to them. I know that there are also a lot of toxic teams, so we try to be the anti-that.

I don't think the ban is strict enough. Your first quit its only 2 minutes? You kidding? Next one 5? That is way too lenient. I do feel there needs to be some sort of party matching sometimes. I seem to only find teams when I am playing solo, but when I am in a full team I just match solos.
Unfortunately, the game is too unstable for that in my opinion. The server has no way of telling the difference between a lag-out/crash and quitting. I've been banned many times simply because my game crashed, so making it longer would frustrate players who put in enough games in a day to start pushing the punishments really high.
Most teams are toxic these days sadly though
The population just isn't strong enough for team matching especially in btb. Sorry you can't take taking a loss and quit and get banned but you earn those bans for quitting. The ban hammer is very lenient. I am a solo player and don't have issue with taking a loss, even a curb stomp loss. Just because your team loses badly doesn't mean the other team is an organized team. I think MCC is great and it isn't dead per say but just doesn't have a strong enough population for perfect match making as some fickle gamers demand. Gotta take the good games with the bad in MCC but unfortunately gamers always zero in on the bad games. Gamers today can have some good games and then have a bad one and that one will cause then to rage online with the "this happens all the time" claim.
I'm in a weird position on this. Because I both agree that it's not really fair for eight randoms to match against a full team, but also that I'm usually on those teams. I almost always play with 5-8 people and we usually absolutely dominate. We tend to not really consider IF we're going to win, but how fast. I can't even remember the last time I lost a game.

I hope that they can find some way to simply prevent players from getting matched against the same team multiple times in a row. It doesn't bother you that there are teams roaming around destroying everybody except other teams, right? Just that you're getting matched against them too frequently. I often see the same names on the enemy team multiple games in a row, and in that case, I feel really bad for them.

We know it's not fair to solo players, but there is also really nothing we can do about it. My team purposely backs out of the search regularly specifically to try our best not to frustrate people we keep getting matched with. Perhaps after a game, send the individual players directly back into a search, but give large teams a small waiting period, not long enough to annoy teams, but long enough to let solo players find another game.

We also try our best to not be toxic. If the entire team quits and two lone guys stick around to fight us even though they have no chance, one of us will usually send them a message like "sorry your team quit, thanks for sticking it out." If one of the enemies actually scores a flag cap, we'll often just send a "gg" to them. I know that there are also a lot of toxic teams, so we try to be the anti-that.

Unfortunately, the game is too unstable for that in my opinion. The server has no way of telling the difference between a lag-out/crash and quitting. I've been banned many times simply because my game crashed, so making it longer would frustrate players who put in enough games in a day to start pushing the punishments really high.
Your last loss was 11 games ago :). You must roll with some pretty good players though. Also, good on you for being sporting, as a frequent solo queuer in BTB I appreciate it.

Oddly, your Win % is only .09% better than OP's, and he's complaining about mismatches. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.....
I mean, as a purely solo player I get what you mean. Its rather annoying to get stuck in a game where its very clearly a team of three or more people, even to the point of synchronized t-bagging, especially since I tend to play in 4v4 matches. And I will admit, I get tired of getting into a match and finding the exact same three players on the opposing side 4 to 5 times in a row. But at the same time, there just aren't enough players to split the game into solo players and team groups. The solo players would be fine for the most part, but teams of players either wouldn't find matches, or they would just be stuck playing the exact same teams over and over again, which becomes dull if the skill gaps of the two teams are wide enough that one team stomps the other.

Please consider this.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/clans-raiding-social/4ff1fbe2-1f73-4d63-9e0e-148de2966c6a/postsI feel ya OP.
I dont understand a lot of decisions 343 has made.
Love to see an actual 343 employee take the time to interact a bit and explain.
If its low population, then what can they do to increase population?
The only reason you think this is because, You most likely run in teams and care too much about a "pointless" K/D.
Games should be friendly for noobs, It would be a lot more popular 'over time'.

Your last loss was 11 games ago :). You must roll with some pretty good players though. Also, good on you for being sporting, as a frequent solo queuer in BTB I appreciate it.

Oddly, your Win % is only .09% better than OP's, and he's complaining about mismatches. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.....
Yes my win % is good, but I rarely (almost never) ever run with a crushing team.
(Because I know it will kill the game further).
For btb, max is 4 players, that's it.... Only enough to win but also 'still fair' for the other team.
Not too hard, nor too easy.... Is how I will always roll... Good, "fair", fun games.

Please consider this.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/clans-raiding-social/4ff1fbe2-1f73-4d63-9e0e-148de2966c6a/postsI feel ya OP.
I dont understand a lot of decisions 343 has made.
Love to see an actual 343 employee take the time to interact a bit and explain.
If its low population, then what can they do to increase population?
Its starting to feel like 343 just doesn't get it.
Noob friendly, will increase the population in the 'long run'.
Not noobs going against full teams, etc.
They need a chance, thus they would have 'a lot more fun' and play more.
The only reason you think this is because, You most likely run in teams and care too much about a "pointless" K/D.
Games should be friendly for noobs, It would be a lot more popular 'over time'.
Dude did you even read my post? Im saying parties need to match parties.

Please consider this.

simple as that.

Halo is a dead game.

It's fun, but it's dead.
MCC isn't trash. I find games with good connections consistently, with very small wait times.

Depends on the times. In my region it's practically dead most of the day but usually seems fine late at night till early morning. I think it's something to do with region thing on consoles. I have noticed more people playing Halo 1 lately on PC, well Reach seems dead on PC while X1 Reach seems mostly dead till peak times.

Anyway yeh MCC isn't bad, though it wasn't great at launch due to the bugs but it has made major improvement over time, I just wish the population was consistent, strong.
If your really running into these kinda problems maybe you should find a clan or some friends that would do BTB, NavSpecWar is a good example if you want to do BTB games with a team. We run into some teams full of Haunted helmet blue flaming head MLG players but we just get on with it we stick it out. We win some mostly and lose some.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4