Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] NOT FINDING PLAYERS ON HALO MCC

OP SEAS PEACHA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey guys I have been trying to play online since yesterday and I can not find players on any playlist. Anyone having this issue? I can get on any other games and no issues. I cintactes xbox live they said all is good. Help!
Let’s just admit, MCC IS BROKEN
Weird thing is when I am the Host I can't find players, when I join my cousins's game and he is the host there is no prob finding players. What is the issue?
Probably your connection but I wouldn't think so, anyway the multiplayer is pretty much dead. I only play MCC for the campaigns now
Where are you? I have no trouble finding games in the United States pretty much whenever I search for games.
Have you tried a hard reset? Usually does the trick for me
Probably your connection but I wouldn't think so, anyway the multiplayer is pretty much dead. I only play MCC for the campaigns now
False, I play almost regularly and there is still a decent player base across all playlists
Have you tried a hard reset? Usually does the trick for me
^ This
False, I play almost regularly and there is still a decent player base across all playlists
Wow maybe my connection sucks it takes me at least 2 min to find a match in whatever playlist but my connection is stable in game
Hard resets work every time. I've been playing MCC with my girlfriend and some friends, nearly every day, since November. The game has a more than healthy multiplayer population and has very little problems. We usually play Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, SWAT, and Action Sack. Games NEVER take more than about a minute or so to find. If it takes a few minutes for you to find a game, restart the game and trying again.
Uhh you're like 3 years late lol
Hey I know I'm a bit late but I'll give my 2 cents here. This happenes to me occasionally. I don't know what causes it but one day I'll play multiplayer for hours no problem, the next day, can't find ANY one. It'll say players found, connecting sessions, searching for more players but I'll always be the only one in the que. I've found that usually quitting the app (since I have a digital copy) solves the problem.
Hard reset of the Xbox usually clears up connection issues. I never have a problem finding a game in btb and action sack, they are probably the most populated.
did you ever figure out the problem? even a hard reset will not work for me any more, and i am convinced it used to.
It’s not just you, as this came up a few days ago for myself and others reporting it on this forum.

I’ve done everything on my end that one could imagine to be done (factory reset router, hard reset router, port forward, open DMZ - etc). My NAT is Open, and every other game on Xbox can find games quickly, and have no lag whatsoever (unless it’s p2p and host is playing off Taco Bell WiFi...)

Someone mentioned that it could be the result of a new Xbox update, which is the only thing I can see being true and there wasn’t coincidentally a Xbox update released the same day MCC’s matchmaking stopped working for myself and seemingly everyone else runnings into this issue.

Worth mentioning that I can still join friends lobbies no problem (quick too), but when they search they can’t find a game due to me being in their lobby. When they search right after, solo queuing, they find a game in ~30 seconds.

MCC’s matchmaking’s working for some - I’d say most - as it would usually, but some people including myself have been affected to where a game can’t simply not be found (not even a single “Player Found” icon).

If I had to guess, it’s either due to the aforementioned Xbox update released the same day people started running into issues

OR

The MCC flight programs networking changes are coinciding with actual MCC and as a result are messing with people’s ablity to find a game.

Maybe I’m just wrong in general but I’ve looked into this wayyyyy too much.
It’s not just you, and this came up a few days ago for myself and others reporting it on this forum.

I’ve done everything on my end that’s one could imagine to be done (factory reset router, hard reset router, port forward, open DMZ - etc). My NAT is Open, and every other game on Xbox can find games quickly, and have no lag whatsoever (unless it’s p2p and host is playing off Taco Bell WiFi...)

Someone mentioned that it could be the result of a new Xbox update, which is the only thing I can see being true and there wasn’t coincidentally a Xbox update released the same day MCC’s matchmaking stopped working for myself and seemingly everyone else runnings into this issue.

Worth mentioning that I can still join friends lobbies no problem (quick too), but when they search they can’t find a game due to me being in their lobby. When they search right after, solo queuing, they find a game in ~30 seconds.

MCC’s matchmaking’s working for some - I’d say most - as it would usually, but some people including myself have been affected to where a game can’t simply not be found (not even a single “Player Found” icon).

If I had to guess, it’s either due to the aforementioned Xbox update released the same day people started running into issues

OR

The MCC flight programs networking changes are coinciding with actual MCC and as a result are messing with people’s ablity to find a game.

Maybe I’m just wrong in general but I’ve looked into this wayyyyy too much.
thank you very much for the reply, that actually helps as i think there may have been an update (preview program member) around the same time i have tried to play again, fingers crossed? maybe its just bad timing on my end.
Check your Wifi.
Are you in the xbox preview program? because theres an issue since the last update 4 days ago which wont allow you to play online, happens only with mcc
Yeah same thing happen to me. Played mcc for months no issue, now the preview update comes and I can’t find a match for the life of me. Kinda blows considering I refuse to play halo 5. Any idea if they plan on fixing the issue?
xsv wrote:
Are you in the xbox preview program? because theres an issue since the last update 4 days ago which wont allow you to play online, happens only with mcc
This is exactly what happened to me. After update I cannot find a game. My friends can until I join their lobby.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2