Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

NOT GOOD!..5hrs 30mins and only had 2 MP games....

OP Chudy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 30
As a professional in network systems, applications, and services this release is embarrassing for 343. Year after year, game after game something is never right with release. In the Halo 3 beta there was not enough servers... the process continued in future betas and releases... Not sure the issues here but no lessons have been learned from the past. If its a net code issue why wasn't this found out in testing apparently ~ 20 thousand users who initially signed in is all it took to bring the system to a halt. If its not enough capacity in the "cloud" .."Azure" that Microsoft strokes its ego with then that's also sad. What happened to full testing before release. 15 years ago the thought of a even a 100MB patch after would have had people in a uproar. Games when sold had to 99.98% work because a 1G update to require people to download was out the question.. Now EA releases alpha tests as Gold Production (BF4 anyone!) then precedes to release 30GB worth of updates. Apparently everyone in the world has 100mbs connections! Quality has gone downhill for quick cheap production that can be fixed later at the expense of the actual gamer. The concept applies over the board with to the rest of the game developers, not just EA but also Bungie now with how bad Destiny was oversold and hyped with Activision driving the drunk bus . This will continue till the end consumer takes action by demanding a quality product, using their wallets to do the talking. H5 is not on the buy list, and that's before I saw the trailer... which then re-solidified that decision.
So managed to find a game in Team Halo 2 anniversary.

The game was a 4v5 in a 4v4 playlist.

At the end of the game the game froze on the loading screen back to the lobby <3

This game <3
Okay yeah, why in the world are there 10 players max allowed for a 4v4 playlist...?
Honestly, it worked okay for me, I got on, played a little campaign and then played three matches before heading off. Granted they take a little while to find a game, but every game has server problems on day one
restart your game now I think it's working fellas well I've got two games both probably with in 3-5 min and it said updating Playlist when I restated
nvm booted when it started
Embarrasing
What a joke. I don't know what's worse. This game's totally broken matchmaking or the incredibly poor communication about what's wrong. I took a damn vacation day from work tomorrow for this. This crap better be fixed soon.
What a joke. I don't know what's worse. This game's totally broken matchmaking or the incredibly poor communication about what's wrong. I took a damn vacation day from work tomorrow for this. This crap better be fixed soon.
Yeh I'm pissed, they shouldn't have released the game if it was this bugged. It'll probs take atleast 2-3 days before it's fixed.
I am in korea and I downloaded the game and waited till 1200 eastern time and I have yet to play an online game and its been 3 hours
I'm still waiting for it to work, UK GMT 10:14am here.
Man, I've been aching for some Slayer action, but can't seem to get anything anywhere. Only been trying for like 3 hours now... Guess I could always chuck in Halo 3 or 4 to calm my blood lust : \
Add me as a friend if anyone wants to play a custom game or something
Honestly, it worked okay for me, I got on, played a little campaign and then played three matches before heading off. Granted they take a little while to find a game, but every game has server problems on day one
What playlist?
I smell doomsday 4 halo
  1. I think it's working a little better ive gotten 3 games all withing 5 min lagged out of one but the other two at the end of each one I was stuck in a loading screen... I quit the game and restart it every time but I'm still getting the W if I get another match within 5 min I'll b satisfied I'm playing ranked BTW could have just been luck I got those matches but hopefully not oh and I think a 343 developer was in it cuz I got the achievevent so hopefully there making progress ready to get down on this ish mane
ForMuLaTe wrote:
  1. I think it's working a little better ive gotten 3 games all withing 5 min lagged out of one but the other two at the end of each one I was stuck in a loading screen... I quit the game and restart it every time but I'm still getting the W if I get another match within 5 min I'll b satisfied I'm playing ranked BTW could have just been luck I got those matches but hopefully not oh and I think a 343 developer was in it cuz I got the achievement and he was the only guy with a red title so hopefully there making progress ready to get down on this ish mane
What playlist?
Who did'nt expect problems on launch day
Lol why are my achievements in Korean?
B1GSTACK wrote:
As a professional in network systems, applications, and services this release is embarrassing for 343. Year after year, game after game something is never right with release. In the Halo 3 beta there was not enough servers... the process continued in future betas and releases... Not sure the issues here but no lessons have been learned from the past. If its a net code issue why wasn't this found out in testing apparently ~ 20 thousand users who initially signed in is all it took to bring the system to a halt. If its not enough capacity in the "cloud" .."Azure" that Microsoft strokes its ego with then that's also sad. What happened to full testing before release. 15 years ago the thought of a even a 100MB patch after would have had people in a uproar. Games when sold had to 99.98% work because a 1G update to require people to download was out the question.. Now EA releases alpha tests as Gold Production (BF4 anyone!) then precedes to release 30GB worth of updates. Apparently everyone in the world has 100mbs connections! Quality has gone downhill for quick cheap production that can be fixed later at the expense of the actual gamer. The concept applies over the board with to the rest of the game developers, not just EA but also Bungie now with how bad Destiny was oversold and hyped with Activision driving the drunk bus . This will continue till the end consumer takes action by demanding a quality product, using their wallets to do the talking. H5 is not on the buy list, and that's before I saw the trailer... which then re-solidified that decision.
+1
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 30