Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

NOT GOOD!..5hrs 30mins and only had 2 MP games....

OP Chudy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 30
Looks like Forbes took notice....

Although his 4th update said:
UPDATE 4: 4:30am Eastern: Lobbies are filling up more quickly and matches are transitioning with players intact. Overall loading time is improved, and this is getting much closer to expected matchmaking behavior. However, the official Xbox Live Status page still lists the functionality as “Limited.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/11/11/its-not-just-you-halo-the-master-chief-collection-matchmaking-is-broken/
And IGN....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/halo-master-chief-collection-matchmaking-issues-arise
Just got on a good run. 4 games back to back in team slayer after getting 1 game over the space of 18-19 hours
Still not getting anything.... what the crap?
Still not running for me, either. If anyone wants to play customs add me.
Just had 2 back to back, then all got booted and now back to searching. Was fun while it lasted.
So why hasn't there been an update?? A generic statement that xbox live might have "limited functionality for some", coupled with 343's twitter feed stating "some users" might have trouble is crap. It's 100% widespread. Does anyone from 343 care?
After chatting with Microsoft Support trying to get some info a representative gave me this info..

"Thanks for the information. Yes. We are still having a server issue with the game. Our software engineers are really working with our partner on a fix. There are no cascades or any updates from them though. But basing on experience, issues like this are caused by hacks or bugs that some players made. that hack probably attacked the server which the engineers then shut down so that the attach would be contained and fixed."

"so any estimate at all how long this could take"

"There is no specific time given but again basing on experience, Issues like this would most probably get resolved with in the day since our top software and system engineers are currently working on this issue."
Chudy wrote:
ive tried now for nearly 6hrs to play halo:mcc multiplayer and have only been matchmade TWICE!

dont say its because the game isnt out yet, because thats aload of tosh, the game has launched in (NZ) thousands will have the game, and i CANT be the ONLY one trying to play online

i hate to compare halo to CoD but.......i also had CoD:AW the saturday before launch and i had NO issues playing multiplayer then.

so why is there issues for halo? its not a good sign for the rest of the world ahead of there official launches in just a few hours time!
You've played 2 more games than I have. I'm still installing the game...
So why hasn't there been an update?? A generic statement that xbox live might have "limited functionality for some", coupled with 343's twitter feed stating "some users" might have trouble is crap. It's 100% widespread. Does anyone from 343 care?
They're likely working to resolve it, if they fix the issue then they won't need to inform us.
This is absolute BS!
I + a couple of mates paid the premium price to DL from Xbox LIVE store so we could play matchmaking games at midnight release (24hrs ago now).

Doesn't really instil any confidence for the Halo 5 release.
BRASSIN wrote:
This is absolute BS!
I + a couple of mates paid the premium price to DL from Xbox LIVE store so we could play matchmaking games at midnight release (24hrs ago now).

What's your connection like?
ION Mark82 wrote:
After chatting with Microsoft Support trying to get some info a representative gave me this info..

"Thanks for the information. Yes. We are still having a server issue with the game. Our software engineers are really working with our partner on a fix. There are no cascades or any updates from them though. But basing on experience, issues like this are caused by hacks or bugs that some players made. that hack probably attacked the server which the engineers then shut down so that the attach would be contained and fixed."

"so any estimate at all how long this could take"

"There is no specific time given but again basing on experience, Issues like this would most probably get resolved with in the day since our top software and system engineers are currently working on this issue."
See, at least this gives us something...why not be proactive and do something like this? Also anyone else having trouble with customs as well? Can't even connect, unlike last night.
Itll get fixed eventually guys chill.. some my friends are getting stable games
Been online a couple of hours and had around 13 games. It seems to improving for me.
SpiritFeet wrote:
Itll get fixed eventually guys chill.. some my friends are getting stable games
Yea, good point. I took tomorrow (wednesday) off of work, and told the wife it's my one day to just veg out and play...so really hoping it just gets fixed by then. Nothing like a wasted vacation day if not.
BRASSIN wrote:
This is absolute BS!

What's your connection like?
No issues with my connection on my end of Xbox Live etc.
THE GAMES NOT EVEN OUT YET!!!
These sorts of threads annoy me. you got the game EARLY, not all servers will be up yet, not all players will be on yet, why dont you enjoy the game isntead of moaning on here about not finding a match online on a game which isnt out yet. at least your lucky enough to get the game early!
Got the game early?
Did you even read the post at all?
He quite clearly stated that he is from New Zealand, and in New Zealand, the game has officially been out for over 24 hours. Here in Australia it has been 23 hours as well and I have been able to get into one game so far.
The United States of America is NOT the center of the universe and is actually one of the last places on Earth where the game is released. There should be servers up and running and ready to go (if they weren't already) for the first official launch so that the fans that bought the game can play the game. Instead, it does seem that we do have to wait for the US to catch up before we can play it fully.
I can get into matches relatively easily, but after the match it freezes on the loading screen. It's especially annoying because there is no turn wheel or anything moving, so I have to make a judgement call of when it freezes. Usually takes me about 10 minutes.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 30