Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Now that the CGB test is over..............

OP SysopIsAFK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How many weeks do you think it will take to get the CGB Released? Just Curious!

BTW why not use the TESTED CGB until the good CGB is released? Can't hurt and it worked half way decent!!! Just asking!
SysopIsAFK wrote:
BTW why not use the TESTED CGB until the good CGB is released? Can't hurt and it worked half way decent!!! Just asking!
Seconded. I'm a bit confused myself as to why it had to go away too. It's not like it was constantly crashing or anything
Wait it went away? I thought it was just put in the game.. Darn I was planning to play it tonight after work :(
Yeah it's a real mystery. Maybe the devs thought it was too low production value at this point? Either way, it was clearly functional enough that it was a direct upgrade from nothing... I guess maybe they still need to use the numbers from the scale test™ to project server space requirements within the hulking mass of server farms for other divisions to run analytics on in the wider ecosystem of the Microsoft(r) suit-and-tie environs before they're allowed to deploy it fulltime as a 'working retail product' or some such nonsense
Rolfos69 wrote:
Yeah it's a real mystery. Maybe the devs thought it was too low production value at this point? Either way, it was clearly functional enough that it was a direct upgrade from nothing... I guess maybe they still need to use the numbers from the scale test™ to project server space requirements within the hulking mass of server farms for other divisions to run analytics on in the wider ecosystem of the Microsoft(r) suit-and-tie environs before they're allowed to deploy it fulltime as a 'working retail product' or some such nonsense
I agree somewhat but if the CGB was working but has some issues why not use it until the good version is released?
There were times when I couldn't find a game, so it's successful. I didn't really encounter bugs. I'd imagine it's coming around soon.
I wouldn't say it's over... It was a test. They are surely now looking at all the feed back in the feed back thread at the top of the page and are going to make improvements. How long that will take is any ones guess.
Here’s something that I’m betting is going to be overlooked and not featured in the final build:

based on the test it looks like you won’t be able to have cross game playlists set up. So you’d have to create a custom list for each individual halo title.

a lot of people play customs from more than one halo game. The browser really should be accommodating mixed game servers.

we should be able to queue up say halo 3 and reach custom back to back.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Here’s something that I’m betting is going to be overlooked and not featured in the final build:

based on the test it looks like you won’t be able to have cross game playlists set up. So you’d have to create a custom list for each individual halo title.

a lot of people play customs from more than one halo game. The browser really should be accommodating mixed game servers.

We don't know that yet, but we should be be vocal in case it is true.

I was generally slightly let down by the lack of options and features, it's not good that that was all we got after a year+ of waiting.
I liked it.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

I was generally slightly let down by the lack of options and features, it's not good that that was all we got after a year+ of waiting.
I’m fairly confident it will be missing given the when you open the test version this past week the partitions are already listed for each halo independently. If it was designed to accommodate cross game queues there would be no reason to have them listed separately in the first place.

technically that could change between now and the final version bur I bet it won’t. It’s exactly the sort of thing 343 would mess up
I wonder why I couldn't find it
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

I’m fairly confident it will be missing given the when you open the test version this past week the partitions are already listed for each halo independently. If it was designed to accommodate cross game queues there would be no reason to have them listed separately in the first place.

technically that could change between now and the final version bur I bet it won’t. It’s exactly the sort of thing 343 would mess up
Ngl, that does sound like a 343 mistake...
"Wait, you wanted to be able use CGB for multiple games like in matchmaking? Ow wow, we never thought about that... that would be difficult... we'll look into that at some point, ya know, when we feel like it."
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

Ngl, that does sound like a 343 mistake...
"Wait, you wanted to be able use CGB for multiple games like in matchmaking? Ow wow, we never thought about that... that would be difficult... we'll look into that at some point, ya know, when we feel like it."
My thoughts exactly. I had the same thought with the way the CBG was organized as well. Apparently you couldn’t even edit servers after they are published. If you want to make changes you have to make a whole new one. It’s just so... 343 lol.

So it seems you can have a max of 18 maps in queue for any given browser, 6 maps per variant, but each variant can only have 1 game type. So 18 maps and 3 game types max.

this is an absolutely baffling way to set up a CBG. It is both convoluted, unintuitive and needlessly restrictive.

I can understand and even consider it reasonable that there’s a limit of many maps can be in a queue but why are the game types limited?

A much simpler and more logical setup would be:
set a limit for how many maps/modes can be in rotation (for this example we’ll say 20)
let the player add maps one at a time and select a game mode for each individual map. So 20 maps with their 20 corresponding modes. Then allow the player to arrange the queue in any order they see fit. Oh and allow it to be cross game as well.

Add some filters and there your done. You have a feature rich simple to use custom games browser. The version everyone was probably expecting.
Rolfos69 wrote:
SysopIsAFK wrote:
Seconded. I'm a bit confused myself as to why it had to go away too. It's not like it was constantly crashing or anything
I AGREE BUD!
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

We’ve been waiting for a lot longer than a year for this.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

We’ve been waiting for a lot longer than a year for this.
Amen Brother ;)
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

100% this. Let us NOT split the community.
All of you seem to forget how it took forever to get a functioning game with mcc. You don't know how this game works under the hood. You don't know the limits this browser has with multiple games. Let's not split the community? You mean like how it already is with how overwhelmingly popular halo 3 is and how little any other game is played? Get a grip.
All of you seem to forget how it took forever to get a functioning game with mcc. You don't know how this game works under the hood. You don't know the limits this browser has with multiple games. Let's not split the community? You mean like how it already is with how overwhelmingly popular halo 3 is and how little any other game is played? Get a grip.
I generally don’t play halo 3 unless it’s infection because some of the maps on that have little spots that are hard to get to but can allow you to survive as long as you have ammo. I usually prefer h2 h2 anniversary for btb ctf/ assault games with halo ce occasionally. I don’t play halo 3 and rarely halo 4 on those game types
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2