Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Obscure Easter egg on Winter Contingency?

OP tuhin94

I was doing one of the Reach playlists and I noticed a camo jumppack Elite on the way to the troopers. He disappeared after a short while, similar to the Elite with the datapad at the start of the level. Any insights?

Edit: Mystery solved.
Likely you ran into BOB (a gold elite that spawns on all levels but have 3 different locations they can spawn from per level). Killing him will get you an achievement.
Likely you ran into BOB (a gold elite that spawns on all levels but have 3 different locations they can spawn from per level). Killing him will get you an achievement.
It was a camo jumppack Elite as mentioned, so not a BOB.
tuhin94 wrote:
I was doing one of the Reach playlists and I noticed a camo jumppack Elite on the way to the troopers. He disappeared after a short while, similar to the Elite with the datapad at the start of the level. Any insights?
Sounds like Bob yo me bro
tuhin94 wrote:
Two people mentioning the same thing means I must be overlooking something. I am not nearly as well-versed on BOB Elites as I thought and that wasn't much to begin with lol. I looked into BOBs and their spawns on Winter Contingency and you guys are definitely right. It was a BOB since he spawned on one of the paths near the river. BOBs are unique Easter eggs and this post has made me appreciate them even more!
Yes, it's actually a BOB. Since you have limited time to find it, when you reach the time limit BOB activates camo and disappears.
Yes, it's actually a BOB. Since you have limited time to find it, when you reach the time limit BOB activates camo and disappears.
I also learned that the one right at the beginning of Winter Contingency is called Bill. This is one deep and creative Easter egg haha.
I had no idea (or had completely forgotten) that the duel-wielding Elite on the ONI: Sword Base mission counted as a BOB. It was a pleasant surprise when I killed it and the achievement popped up.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Two people mentioning the same thing means I must be overlooking something. I am not nearly as well-versed on BOB Elites as I thought and that wasn't much to begin with lol. I looked into BOBs and their spawns on Winter Contingency and you guys are definitely right. It was a BOB since he spawned on one of the paths near the river. BOBs are unique Easter eggs and this post has made me appreciate them even more!
The elite with the data pad at the beginning isn’t bob weirdly enough but yes the camo elite was... you never know dude, you could be onto something ;) hahah.
Here's a BOB disappearing if you want to check it out.