1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey all! I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the ODST audio logs. I love the extra ambiance that the ringing phones and honking cars add to the game, but you loose that as you get the audio logs. I want to get the achievements and I want to be able to listen to the audio logs, but I don't want to kill the ambiance. My question is: If I unlock the Audio logs in an ODST playlist will it unlock, and turn off, the audio logs in the main ODST campaign? For further clarification I am talking about the playlist menu vs the game menu. For example selecting from the cross game playlist instead of from the campaigns tab. Thanks in advance for any information.
You could test it with a profile you don't use.
You can always test on a audio log that you have already captured by restarting the level again. You might have to do this again if your going for the 30th audio log. In order to get the 30th audio log you have to find all 29 logs to get to the 30th all in one game session or if you stop the game and back out, for some goof ball reason, the 30th log can't be found. We made this mistake as we were kind of tired by the 29th log one nite and thought we could save and come back. Nope. You have to go thru the map to gather all 29 logs then go directly to into the Data Hive and get the log from Mombasa Streets. Don't exit the game, just follow the story line and where it takes to you the data hive.

I still have to complete this one.
Well I just did all the audio logs on the Halo 3 ODST easy playlist. I am going to restart my xbox and then see if the normal campaign was affected.

Well it was affected. All audio logs unlocked permanently and all city ambiance ruined... was it worth the achievements and gamerscore? I don't think so :(
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Well the audio logs are for the achievements during campaign game play. How it was designed. It is what it is.
Yeah I am just really sad how dead the city will be now when I play though the campaign again. I just really really wish there was a way to reset the audio logs.
You'll live. The campaign is still great. One of the best IMO.
Yeah I am just really sad how dead the city will be now when I play though the campaign again. I just really really wish there was a way to reset the audio logs.
Can to part take in our endeavour to collect the 30th audio log sometime?
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-odst-audio-log---30th-log/d4213857-eba4-436c-bdc6-efb5e303b64f/posts
Can to part take in our endeavour to collect the 30th audio log sometime?
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-odst-audio-log---30th-log/d4213857-eba4-436c-bdc6-efb5e303b64f/posts
Sure if you see me online sometime I'll help
Kewl, ya, we need to redue the logs, again since we were co op the first time and didn't do the 30th log all in one session. We didn't know that you have to find all 29 logs then proceed to the data hive, then the process should work. We stopped after finding the 29th log as we were tired. So ya, gotta find them all again and hopefully get the 30th log. Lets connect up if we can. Thank you.
Kewl, ya, we need to redue the logs, again since we were co op the first time and didn't do the 30th log all in one session. We didn't know that you have to find all 29 logs then proceed to the data hive, then the process should work. We stopped after finding the 29th log as we were tired. So ya, gotta find them all again and hopefully get the 30th log. Lets connect up if we can. Thank you.
I'll definitely help out aswel seeing as I have to do it again on my new account. Add me. Final Necessity. Then just pop me a message.
I never liked the random flashing and noise the audio logs made, I'm glad I picked them all up.
I'll definitely help out aswel seeing as I have to do it again on my new account. Add me. Final Necessity. Then just pop me a message.
Sounds good. Will add you. Hopefully we can get all together and do this.
I never liked the random flashing and noise the audio logs made, I'm glad I picked them all up.
Ah you like a cleaner environment. The way I see it, the city was just invaded during the day. In all the chaos people were bound to leave cars running and people would likely still be calling into the city. It feels like a city that has just been cleaned out recently. Things are still somewhat running although not correctly. Once all the audio logs are gone the city falls into dead silence. It goes from feeling like a city that was invaded that day to a city that feels like it was invaded a month ago.
Ah you like a cleaner environment. The way I see it, the city was just invaded during the day. In all the chaos people were bound to leave cars running and people would likely still be calling into the city. It feels like a city that has just been cleaned out recently. Things are still somewhat running although not correctly. Once all the audio logs are gone the city falls into dead silence. It goes from feeling like a city that was invaded that day to a city that feels like it was invaded a month ago.
I see what you mean I like both because I like variety but prefer the quieter environment makes it look more dead, and filled with sorrow like an abandoned city.
Also make sit easier to hear enemies.
Well I just did all the audio logs on the Halo 3 ODST easy playlist. I am going to restart my xbox and then see if the normal campaign was affected.

Well it was affected. All audio logs unlocked permanently and all city ambiance ruined... was it worth the achievements and gamerscore? I don't think so :(
Hmmm.... I haven't found all the audio logs yet, I was getting them casually while playing through Co-Op with someone who never played ODST. In my experience, when I tried playing again all my audio-logs were gone and I had to find them all over ago. Is this not normal? (I know its not normal for ODST, but things being messed up and not acting as they originally did is the norm for MCC)

Hmmm.... I haven't found all the audio logs yet, I was getting them casually while playing through Co-Op with someone who never played ODST. In my experience, when I tried playing again all my audio-logs were gone and I had to find them all over ago. Is this not normal? (I know its not normal for ODST, but things being messed up and not acting as they originally did is the norm for MCC)
Oh man I should have done it on CO OP then :(

Oh man I should have done it on CO OP then :(
I wish I saw this thread sooner.

I played co-op (split screen, not sure if online makes a difference) a few weeks ago and we split up the campaign in like 3 sessions lasting a few hours each. The whole audio log thing reset (achievements unlocked) but so did our story progress. Every time we wanted to resume it started from the beginning when you are stuck in the drop pod hanging on the side of a building. Thankfully the game kept track of what levels we beat and what difficulty so we just worked around this reset but loading the level we were supposed to be on.

I know you cannot undo your audio log progress but maybe launching co-op might help if you ever play with someone and want that ambiance again. I hope its there since you don't have anything to lose and might be able to regain something you liked about the game and its atmosphere. The downside is the disjointed story progression if you and who ever you play with don't finish everything in one sitting.
From what others have said, to find ALL audio logs including the 30th log, you have to play thru the entire mombassa streets then head to where it takes you down to the data hive where the 30th audio log is located all in one game session.

We made the mistake of finding all 29 logs, however we stopped and exited the game as we were tired. You can't do that. You have to find all 29 logs then continue thru the game and head to the data hive while still in the game session. You can't quit the game and change to the data hive map either. The solder that is supposed to follow you down the hole in the floor gets killed if you exit and change the map. So to get the solder to follow you down the rabbit hole, you have to find all 29 logs then continue to thru the game when it takes you to the data hive all in one game session.

Im hoping to find them again maybe this weekend with help of a couple others. Can join us if you wanna.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2