Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Yes, you read the title. A tweet posted moments ago from the official Halo Twitter account confirms ODST firefight is coming to MCC later this summer.

Link: https://twitter.com/halo/status/1270747834082422785?s=21

Update 27/06/2020:
More information regarding firefight has been released in Sonorous Signals Halo community update:
Quote:
Prepare to drop! Halo 3: ODST Firefight will be coming to Halo: The Master Chief Collection – on PC and Xbox One – later this Summer.
  • Already own Halo 3: ODST for MCC? The addition of Firefight to Halo 3: ODST in MCC will come at no extra charge. When it becomes available, your game should update to add it in without any fuss.
  • Don't own Halo 3: ODST for MCC? This addition does not change the $5 USD cost of Halo 3: ODST across all platforms. If this announcement is exactly what you were waiting for, here are some helpful links to where you can pre-order it for PC via the Microsoft Store or Steam.
Hell yeah! I held out hope it would get added, and our requests have been answered. Wonder if this will add more achievements 🤔
Was about to post the same thing. This is so awesome! Glad to see 343i went back to add FF. Stuff like this makes me maintain hope they will add the DLC skins to Halo 4 eventually as well. Very satisfying how all the missing pieces are coming together.
Hell yeah! I held out hope it would get added, and our requests have been answered. Wonder if this will add more achievements 🤔
Wondering the same thing. I'm always up for new achievements, but I hope they don't add any for ODST Firefight simply because the breakdown of 700 achievements and 7000G is so perfect for MCC.
And for Halo Reach as well, we only got one Firefight Achievement and wouldn't mind seeing an increase to 800 for the total amount in the collection, I know its asking alot but I feel like they could go balls to the wall with more achievements for Firefight only. Or maybe do like 25 for Reach, 25 for ODST and 50 more Multiplayer achievements for PvP multiplayer. If they did this, then all of the modes in the collection would finally be fleshed out to the point with achievements for every mode you want to play!
I hope we get our SGM. Avery Johnson skin like they did back in the day as a pre order offer.
Maybe bring back old achievements, and rework some Lone Wolf ones from Halo 3, so they aren't strictly tied to FFA.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes, you read the title. A tweet posted moments ago from the official Halo Twitter account confirms ODST firefight is coming to MCC later this summer.

Link: https://twitter.com/halo/status/1270747834082422785?s=21
Finally, the Collection will be complete.
Looking forward to it, hopefully with season 2 unlock system since can play a lot of firefight. Loved playing it on the 360, hope they have stable matchmaking.
tuhin94 wrote:
Was about to post the same thing. This is so awesome! Glad to see 343i went back to add FF. Stuff like this makes me maintain hope they will add the DLC skins to Halo 4 eventually as well. Very satisfying how all the missing pieces are coming together.
Wondering the same thing. I'm always up for new achievements, but I hope they don't add any for ODST Firefight simply because the breakdown of 700 achievements and 7000G is so perfect for MCC.
I am not holding my breath on new achievements because of that one Vidmasters achievement that requires you & three other people to complete 4 sets on heroic difficulty in order to unlock.
tuhin94 wrote:
I am not holding my breath on new achievements because of that one Vidmasters achievement that requires you & three other people to complete 4 sets on heroic difficulty in order to unlock.
Incidentally, one of my first posts on Waypoint was related to finding three other players to take on those achievements about 4 years ago. It was a good bonding experience for sure.
Yesssss😀Thank you 343i.You the BEST!😜
And for Halo Reach as well, we only got one Firefight Achievement and wouldn't mind seeing an increase to 800 for the total amount in the collection, I know its asking alot but I feel like they could go balls to the wall with more achievements for Firefight only. Or maybe do like 25 for Reach, 25 for ODST and 50 more Multiplayer achievements for PvP multiplayer. If they did this, then all of the modes in the collection would finally be fleshed out to the point with achievements for every mode you want to play!
I would be okay with a few for odst or none at all. After getting all the achievements in it 3 times now, vanilla, odst, and reach, i am tired lol
tuhin94 wrote:
I’d be okay with the score achievements returning, but I do not like achievements that require additional people (I.e. bringing back the Firefight vidmaster like they brought back the Deja Vu vidmaster)

I also think leaving the 700 achievements/7000G number for MCC would be perfect.

Not to give 343i ideas... but does an Xbox One title have to have a total achievement balance that ends in 0? I recall some games having 1250 with DLC on Xbox 360, and I think most Xbox One games have 1000 gamerscore. What I’m getting at is if they add achievements, would they be able to set up MCC to be 7777 gamerscore once 100%, lol.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I’d be okay with the score achievements returning, but I do not like achievements that require additional people (I.e. bringing back the Firefight vidmaster like they brought back the Deja Vu vidmaster)

I also think leaving the 700 achievements/7000G number for MCC would be perfect.

Not to give 343i ideas... but does an Xbox One title have to have a total achievement balance that ends in 0? I recall some games having 1250 with DLC on Xbox 360, and I think most Xbox One games have 1000 gamerscore. What I’m getting at is if they add achievements, would they be able to set up MCC to be 7777 gamerscore once 100%, lol.
777 / 7777 wouldn't be a bad idea.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Haha, that would be great. I think the limits used to be more strict back in the 360 days (no more than 1750G including DLC I believe), but those restrictions were eased and I think now the major requirement is that the total amount of gamerscore including DLC ends in a 0 or a 5. But, individual achievements can have values ending in something other than 0 or 5.
This is wonderful
Hopefully, ODST Firefight has matchmaking rather than being a custom game mode only like in the 360.
99% likely they will add achievements, but please don't.
50 Multiplayer :0 Please no.
MP Achievements are such a pain to get. Especially with the game not having a huge player base.
I have all the achievements in MCC right now and mannnn I’ll be screwing if they’re gonna crazy MP ones.

standard firefight ones, I’m down for.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3