Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

ODST is seperate and you have to buy it?

OP uwillbdedb4ucme

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
why, why make it a seperate game and you have to buy it?
It was never in the original plan.
After the launch went.. less than favorably, they added the ODST campaign as a free gift to try to make things up to early adopters who had had difficulties since launch. It was then purchasable (so as to not make the early adopters upset) to new comers, so that everyone could play.
Oh and heads up it doesn't have firefight
I never bought the DLC, It wasn't a good idea to add the campaign only. I'm just glad 343 made the OG ODST Backwards Compatible
Yes you have to buy Halo 3 ODST as a DLC, and I did and it was worth it because i had never played Halo 3 ODST
Yes you have to buy Halo 3 ODST as a DLC, and I did and it was worth it because i had never played Halo 3 ODST
Same, would be better to have the original for the Firefight mode. To be honest I've never played the original, so I'm not sure (beside the Firefight) what else does it includes.
I actually wasn't one of the people who went through the rough launch of the MCC and I decided to go ahead and wait for 343 to fix it. Later on I did buy it and I was happy with the game. But the other's who did go through the launch got ODST for free....I can purchase Halo 3 ODST for 5$ now.....Personally, I didn't because all I am getting is the campaign and the campaign itself is really short...Lack of Firefight also plays into it....Halo 3 ODST never really felt like a full Halo game because Bungie was also working on Reach in the same time....So I understand it....But removing Firefight as well? No thanks....Btw, this is just my opinion.
5 bucks for the ODST campaign is a bargain.
odst is one of the better games and i hope they bring out a second just like it.
Well it was originally not going to be with the MCC. Which is fine, I'm ok with it being technically DLC. What I'm not ok with is that, 3 years after the game was launched they want you to spend an extra 5 dollars for the game that is still broken and hasn't been fixed. That's wrong.
but no original firefight? that isn't right
I never bought the DLC, It wasn't a good idea to add the campaign only. I'm just glad 343 made the OG ODST Backwards Compatible
Wait what?! Its BC?
Wait what?! Its BC?
It will be later this year, as well as Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo CE Anniversary.
Wait what?! Its BC?
It will be later this year, as well as Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo CE Anniversary.
Ah, yes. I thought its already added.
It's only like 5 dollars. It's not that bad
Yazite wrote:
5 bucks for the ODST campaign is a bargain.
Yeah but considering you can buy the whole game from GameStop or whatever for like 10 dollars
It should be free for everyone if it doesn't include firefight
Thankfully, ODST is gonna be backwords compatible. So we have that to be happy about.
It should be free for everyone who already bought it.
It should be free for everyone who already bought it.
I completely agree
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2