Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

ODST stuck at 100% "installation stopped"

OP Mr XBob

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5

Is your ODST stuck at 100% "installation stopped"?

Poll Ended

I've seen a bunch of people talking about this on reddit and twitter, and I'm having the same issue too.

I have the MCC update installed and the MCC disc is in the drive. But no matter how many times I uninstall and re-download ODST, it gets to 100% and says "installation stopped" with no explanation.
Mine says installation stopped. Am I surprised? Nope. I'm sure a fix will be "coming soon" SMH
Mine says installation stopped. Am I surprised? Nope. I'm sure a fix will be "coming soon" SMH
Please don't turn this into yet another "343 sucks they ruined Halo everything they do is broken" thread. We have enough of that spam around here. I realise people are frustrated, but people acting like spoiled brats demanding everything yesterday is really tedious and helps nobody.

Clearly this isn't an issue with ODST itself, more to do with Xbox Live - considering that many people can play ODST right now and some of us can't. This poll is to help 343 get a gauge on how widespread the issue is and hopefully get it fixed sooner.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Same here, seems pretty widespread. Have seen a couple of people playing but not many. Don't cancel install as the game is not yet listed in the store and therefore cannot be restarted. Guess it is time to wait.
My son is having this problem. He's just tried deleting it and redownloading it. I told my daughter off as I thought it might have been because she went on to play Minecraft whilst it was downloading. I guess it's happening for lots of people.
Same here, seems pretty widespread. Have seen a couple of people playing but not many. Don't cancel install as the game is not yet listed in the store and therefore cannot be restarted. Guess it is time to wait.
It can be restarted, it's just hidden as an add-on under MCC itself. Just find your MCC tile, press menu/start and choose 'manage game'. You'll find ODST in there to download again (but the 100% installation stopped error still happens)

My son is having this problem. He's just tried deleting it and redownloading it. I told my daughter off as I thought it might have been because she went on to play Minecraft whilst it was downloading. I guess it's happening for lots of people.
I hope you apologized to your daughter haha
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Same problem here.
Signed! Yeah mine is stuck at "100% - Installation Stopped".

I don't know how they've managed to mess up the compensation. ODST is one of my all time favourite games, so this is more than disappointing for me.

I've seen that the update needs downloading first, so I uninstalled ODST, and downloaded the update. Re-installing ODST now. 90%.

PLEASE WORK!
Mr XBob wrote:
It can be restarted, it's just hidden as an add-on under MCC itself. Just find your MCC tile, press menu/start and choose 'manage game'. You'll find ODST in there to download again (but the 100% installation stopped error still happens)

I hope you apologized to your daughter haha
Cheers buddy, will do that
andy2608 wrote:

I don't know how they've managed to mess up the compensation. ODST is one of my all time favourite games, so this is more than disappointing for me.

I've seen that the update needs downloading first, so I uninstalled ODST, and downloaded the update. Re-installing ODST now. 90%.

PLEASE WORK!
Let us know if this is a solution?
If you do uninstall, like I did you can reinstall it by going to -Games and apps/selecting Halo MCC/ manage game- here you should see ODST and reinstall it. I thought i had lost the DLC and couldn't redeem the code as it said "this code is already being used" or something. And ODST is under the Halo 3 campaign btw.
No firefight and now this -Yoink-! Sub 1080p on anniversary! Matchmaking issues! Sack them all and bring bungie back!
No firefight - boooooo. Have they at least made the campaign 4p coop?
andy2608 wrote:

PLEASE WORK!
Let us know if this is a solution?
It didn't work. -_-
So is this a europe thing? Mine is stuck as well, I'm using the brittish marketplace.
No firefight and now this -Yoink-! Sub 1080p on anniversary! Matchmaking issues! Sack them all and bring bungie back!
The original game had 4 player co-op, no reason this version won't have :)
Currently trying with deleting other profiles from my xbox, I'll come back if it works. (Other profiles don't have access to ODST but have save files on TMCC)
Glad it's not just me lol
Mr XBob wrote:
The original game had 4 player co-op, no reason this version won't have :)
Cool, I no remember well. Had a feeling it didn't.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5