Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Official Modding Tools (Similar to Bethesda)

OP CrioChamber

So, my question for the 343 and whoever else is working on MCC, since MCC is coming to PC and it will have modding capabilities, will there be an official tool made to allow mods created on PC through it to be downloaded and used on XBox?

So, say instead of Spartan or Elite characters, players would like to play as Marines or some other character/race. Likely PC players will find a way to do this, especially since it's been confirmed for PC side for official modding support, however XBox side will be left out because they cannot mod on their own outside of using a PC and porting it over with less than questionable methods. With an official tool, mods could be created in said tool on PC and uploaded to a database for other PC and XBox users to download and use.

As asked, will there be such a tool on PC, or perhaps XBox if it can do it, to allow some form of modding for XBox users to participate with PC users in modded content in authorized ways?
So, my question for the 343 and whoever else is working on MCC, since MCC is coming to PC and it will have modding capabilities,
That isn't confirmed
So, my question for the 343 and whoever else is working on MCC, since MCC is coming to PC and it will have modding capabilities,
That isn't confirmed
Last I heard it was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In either case, still if MCC does indeed get modding, will we get a official modding tool.
That isn't confirmed
Last I heard it was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In either case, still if MCC does indeed get modding, will we get a official modding tool.
You've never heard it was, because it never has been confirmed. The current stance is that they are interested in and looking at possibly offering mod support.
That isn't confirmed
You've never heard it was, because it never has been confirmed. The current stance is that they are interested in and looking at possibly offering mod support.
Um... Excuse me? Don't tell me what I have and have not heard. For all you know I got that information from someone else who was also incorrect. I do appreciate the correction, but do not tell me what I have and have not heard.

Now, since I've calmed down a bit, what you should have said is where I heard that information was incorrect, not that I simply didn't hear it.
That isn't confirmed
Um... Excuse me? Don't tell me what I have and have not heard. For all you know I got that information from someone else who was also incorrect. I do appreciate the correction, but do not tell me what I have and have not heard.

Now, since I've calmed down a bit, what you should have said is where I heard that information was incorrect, not that I simply didn't hear it.
You claimed you checked, both times I corrected the misinformation you were (ideally unintentionally) helping to spread. One would assume that checking means looking at official sources. No official source has said anything remotely in support of your claim. Now if you'd did hear it second hand from someone who was lying, misinformed, or the like one would hope you wouldn't have the confidence in that misinformation to continue to argue the point, much less become angry at having the truth brought to light. Though I was a bit unclear for that I apologize. You have not heard from any reputable or official source that modding support is coming. Only that it is being discussed.