Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Official Status of Master Chief Collection

OP Plastic Hassle

For those who are interested, here's some recent commentary from ske7ch. Sounds like he's still on the case to get an answer (good or bad).

Quote:
My quest for a final call on MCC is not yet over. I'm fast approaching my one year anniversary at 343 and I feel for the first time an answer is nearly within reach. I still remain committed to providing a definitive answer, one way or the other, so we can all get on with our lives. :) @ske7ch343
Quote:
Can't undo the past at this rate but just letting players know one way or the other is still something I feel strongly about. I'd like to know, too. And you might find this surprising but MCC still does very well and is constantly drawing new players. It's far from "dead." @ske7ch343
Quote:
Actually yeah. Every time I've tried to say "nothing will ever be done about the game" I've come to find that wasn't necessarily true. Trust me, I'm all for saying that as soon as folks will commit that's the case. Now I'm not so sure that is the case to be honest. I'm not spinning PR talk. I'm closer, I think, to a legitimate answer but still not at liberty to give that answer. There were a flurry of meetings 9 months ago and now, 9 months later, it's been a recurring topic again. @ske7ch343
Quote:
That's all I'm trying to do. I'd love to see MCC get some love (and I don't know if it'll ever be possible to fix every single lingering issue and complaint - but I'd love to give it one more shot). But if it's not happening then my goal is to close the door and get one with our lives. @ske7ch343
Quote:
Well all I've said is that I think the studio is close to having a final position on MCC and thus being able to let everyone know if there will or won't ever be another update to the game. @ske7ch343
Quote:
It's just... complicated. That's of course incredibly simplistic to say but the reality is that there are just a ton of variables, dependencies and interwoven complications. If it were clear cut and straight forward I guarantee we'd have ended this dialog months/years ago - there's no shortage of desire here to give MCC the love it needs. The reason I've got renewed hope is that there have been some updates and advancements on the platform side that I think open up some avenues to do work the team has long wanted to do. (matchmaking is a specific example) @ske7ch343
Cool post. Thanks for pulling this over from reddit.
Excited to see this, too many ppl playing mcc to let it die! I love 95÷ of mcc if we could just fix it to where people can't cheat to 50 I'd call it good enough.
I got an Xbox One for MCC (not Halo 5) only a month ago now, if anything could be done it would be wonderful! I would like my frown to be turned upside down!
I’d like to see them fix the issue with the game but i’m also one of the people who would like to see an end to cross-game playlists and a redesigned main menu, where you can launch the game you want much like the Orange Box on 360.

I think the UI more than anything is an utter mess. It’s not nice to look at at all. I’d much rather launch the game i want and be faced with a revamped H2A UI or Halo 3 main menu.
For those who are interested, here's some recent commentary from ske7ch. Sounds like he's still on the case to get an answer (good or bad).

Quote:
My quest for a final call on MCC is not yet over. I'm fast approaching my one year anniversary at 343 and I feel for the first time an answer is nearly within reach. I still remain committed to providing a definitive answer, one way or the other, so we can all get on with our lives. :) @ske7ch343
Quote:
Can't undo the past at this rate but just letting players know one way or the other is still something I feel strongly about. I'd like to know, too. And you might find this surprising but MCC still does very well and is constantly drawing new players. It's far from "dead." @ske7ch343
Quote:
Actually yeah. Every time I've tried to say "nothing will ever be done about the game" I've come to find that wasn't necessarily true. Trust me, I'm all for saying that as soon as folks will commit that's the case. Now I'm not so sure that is the case to be honest. I'm not spinning PR talk. I'm closer, I think, to a legitimate answer but still not at liberty to give that answer. There were a flurry of meetings 9 months ago and now, 9 months later, it's been a recurring topic again. @ske7ch343
Quote:
That's all I'm trying to do. I'd love to see MCC get some love (and I don't know if it'll ever be possible to fix every single lingering issue and complaint - but I'd love to give it one more shot). But if it's not happening then my goal is to close the door and get one with our lives. @ske7ch343
Quote:
Well all I've said is that I think the studio is close to having a final position on MCC and thus being able to let everyone know if there will or won't ever be another update to the game. @ske7ch343
Quote:
It's just... complicated. That's of course incredibly simplistic to say but the reality is that there are just a ton of variables, dependencies and interwoven complications. If it were clear cut and straight forward I guarantee we'd have ended this dialog months/years ago - there's no shortage of desire here to give MCC the love it needs. The reason I've got renewed hope is that there have been some updates and advancements on the platform side that I think open up some avenues to do work the team has long wanted to do. (matchmaking is a specific example) @ske7ch343
Very interesting. Thank you for posting.
Very interesting.
I’d like to see them fix the issue with the game but i’m also one of the people who would like to see an end to cross-game playlists and a redesigned main menu, where you can launch the game you want much like the Orange Box on 360.

I think the UI more than anything is an utter mess. It’s not nice to look at at all. I’d much rather launch the game i want and be faced with a revamped H2A UI or Halo 3 main menu.
That would be awesome. I actually thought this was already the case before I bought it, but if they really manage to do it...
If disc space is an issue, they could just use the disc as a game pass and have the game downloaded from the internet. C'mon, 343, don't give up, yet!
Thanks for the post man!
You know, when Square Enix totally botched Final Fantasy XIV they realized how important that game was and how important it is to maintain the reputation of their flagship franchise. So they rebuilt the game from the ground up. They knew it would be a costly endeavor with big risks involved but they cared enough about their franchise and their fanbase that they went through with it.

As far as I can see, Microsoft has absolutely no excuses to hide behind. If they really cared about us and their flagship franchise that carried the Xbox platform and it's reputation they'd do whatever it takes to make it right, even if that meant rebuilding it. Hell, they could even try and minimize the financial burden by releasing it on steam and the windows 10 store, lord know PC Halo fans deserve to finish the fight at this point.

No offense to sketch, I respect what he's doing. Maybe even talking about this is putting some fire under Microsoft's butt. But it's been two and a half years since the last title update. If anything of significance was going to be done about this it would have been done by now.

And it's not okay. It will never be okay. Myself and many fans will never forget and rightly so.
Vashkey wrote:
You know, when Square Enix totally botched Final Fantasy XIV they realized how important that game was and how important it is to maintain the reputation of their flagship franchise. So they rebuilt the game from the ground up. They knew it would be a costly endeavor with big risks involved but they cared enough about their franchise and their fanbase that they went through with it.

As far as I can see, Microsoft has absolutely no excuses to hide behind. If they really cared about us and their flagship franchise that carried the Xbox platform and it's reputation they'd do whatever it takes to make it right, even if that meant rebuilding it. Hell, they could even try and minimize the financial burden by releasing it on steam and the windows 10 store, lord know PC Halo fans deserve to finish the fight at this point.

No offense to sketch, I respect what he's doing. Maybe even talking about this is putting some fire under Microsoft's butt. But it's been two and a half years since the last title update. If anything of significance was going to be done about this it would have been done by now.

And it's not okay. It will never be okay. Myself and many fans will never forget and rightly so.
I agree 100 percent. I agree Ske7ch means good on what he says. It's the higher ups I'm mad at. Franky couldn't even say anything on Neogaf a few months back. According to Ske7ch there was a flurry of meetings 9 months ago and now there's more meetings about the MCC 9 months later all of a sudden. What are they discussing that they can't comment on? Another example a XBL buddy lives right outside of Seattle and takes the train to work in Seattle. He actually was on a train ride with someone from 343 that told my buddy the MCC is discussed and played on a daily business at 343. So here we are with these facts if they are true.That it is discussed daily and if there are meetings about the MCC why hasn't anything been done about it at all this year.
If it's something they talk about then Im betting budgetting is the issue. Getting the impression there are budget cuts for Halo lately. Switching from Marvel to Darkhorse. Tor to gallery. Seems like they've cut back on Mcfarlane for toys in favor of cheaper companies like Mattel too.
Vashkey wrote:
If it's something they talk about then Im betting budgetting is the issue. Getting the impression there are budget cuts for Halo lately. Switching from Marvel to Darkhorse. Tor to gallery. Seems like they've cut back on Mcfarlane for toys in favor of cheaper companies like Mattel too.
Budgeting shouldn't be an issue the game sold 5 million copies in a year. How many games can accomplish that? Considering its 4 ports ported to 1080P 60FPS and a remake that's like CEA where the remastered
mode is based off the originals scenery and map. Plus wouldn't those play tests and flurry of meetings cost money as well to do?
Let's keep this post alive. At this point any sort of update would be be appreciated, especially in regards to matchmaking. Getting 3 losses and going black screen when host quits in H2, the random build crashes mid game, the playlists, the menu, the lack of any experience system, not being able to actually customize armor, just to name a few. Theres many more issues i could name. What 343 needs to realise is that they have a great game and it has potential and it would be in their best interest to give the community what they want. They owe us all that.
Sinfvl wrote:
Let's keep this post alive. At this point any sort of update would be be appreciated, especially in regards to matchmaking. Getting 3 losses and going black screen when host quits in H2, the random build crashes mid game, the playlists, the menu, the lack of any experience system, not being able to actually customize armor, just to name a few. Theres many more issues i could name. What 343 needs to realise is that they have a great game and it has potential and it would be in their best interest to give the community what they want. They owe us all that.
I don't think we'll be seeing major game changing updates like armor customization being added in. If there ever is going to be an update, it'll be for bug fixes and maybe some small new features. There is just no way that MS is going to finance a big and expensive update for a three year old game. ODST firefight however should be patched in as soon as the game ever gets updated. It baffles me how firefight never made it in the MCC as it takes ZERO effort to port it over.
I hope MCC gets a nice update. It's a masterpiece, even broken. If cross-game playlists were dropped, and each game was cleaned up one at a time (even if each took multiple months) over the months / years, I would be so happy.

I know I'll be playing (campaigns) off and on for many years to come. Maybe dabble with MM if cleaned up, as well.
J Teeps wrote:
I hope MCC gets a nice update. It's a masterpiece, even broken. If cross-game playlists were dropped, and each game was cleaned up one at a time (even if each took multiple months) over the months / years, I would be so happy.

I know I'll be playing (campaigns) off and on for many years to come. Maybe dabble with MM if cleaned up, as well.
Agreed. I just want a Halo 2 dedicated Playlist and oh my gosh I'd be happy.