Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Old Reach Maps for Infection

OP Meowster Kaze

Why are playing on what looks like community altered maps for Infection? I understand them every now and then but whole sections of the maps aren't playable. I also understand the need to level the playing field but when part of a map isn't even sectioned off, its just out of bounds... there might be an issue. I realize that people don't work together like they used too, no one really has each other's backs anymore. Also.. the cheats seem to be out of control in certain gametypes.
Infection isn't fun in MCC. Every game i play one person gets on the hard to reach spot, then after that round every one fights for it and frankly screw each other over. People quit immediately when they can't infect anyone and frankly it just goes to hell.
Yep, the random places you could get too in Reach were annoying as hell but now its like.. Oh we've added dead zones to the normal maps that are just normal areas of the map. Infection was what got my wife into playing Halo and now that we can play it again it sucks that its full of these annoyances.
I don't know if you were around when Reach first launched, but those maps were changed for a reason. I could imagine the forums back then were bogged down with endless complaints about how unfair being a zombie was with all of those camping spots.
I don't know if you were around when Reach first launched, but those maps were changed for a reason. I could imagine the forums back then were bogged down with endless complaints about how unfair being a zombie was with all of those camping spots.
My God, some of those spots were horrible. Getting on top of the shelter on The Cage. Getting on the cliffside on Powerhouse. Sword Base was FULL of annoying spots like that. The list goes on and on. I pray to God that we never get Infection on the basic maps ever again.
My God, some of those spots were horrible. Getting on top of the shelter on The Cage. Getting on the cliffside on Powerhouse. Sword Base was FULL of annoying spots like that. The list goes on and on. I pray to God that we never get Infection on the basic maps ever again.
Not to mention Pinnacle and Asylum. Pinnacle in particular I think was the first to be axed.
I am honestly getting tired of infection just because of the cheaters. I literally watched someone straight up fly to get away.

And today specifically ran into a group who were all aiming through walls. Had one of my friends who was infected test it on a wall while I was human and watched the player trace my friends head.....

The maps were changed for a reason and that was to stop the insane amount of spots that might as well have ended the game. But now we are having similar problems again as people are finding new ones.

I am noticing even more that party's of say 4 people can absolutely destroy a match if they are human. They can get one spot and that's the end of the match right there. But if they weren't communicating then the zombies could eventually overunn them. It's seems balancing it out is almost impossible.
Yeah, those all needed to be fixed. I'm talking about just normal parts of the map that aren't hard to get too or that need you to go out of bounds to get too. Powerhouse has a whole section of the map that's all open but its a dead zone.
Scorch27 wrote:
Infection isn't fun in MCC. Every game i play one person gets on the hard to reach spot, then after that round every one fights for it and frankly screw each other over. People quit immediately when they can't infect anyone and frankly it just goes to hell.
Don’t forget people quit when they get Infected as well