1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So the Halo CE AE in MCC is based off Halo PC by gearbox. It looks like its going to be forever broken...

Would you buy a new Halo CE AE based off the orginal xbox edition?

I know I would.
I still have 4 copies of the original Halo CE and 4 original Xboxes!
That must be nice, that Duke controller was great.
I have the Halo CE backwards compatible on my Xbox 360. I really should hook it up.

So would you buy a remastered version of the original but for Xbox one with new graphics?
Yes I definitely would! OG Xbox version looks so much better than the Gearbox PC version. Hopefully 343 may be able to find some way to just have it replace the current CE version, but that is either highly unlikely or might even just be physically impossible at this point. A man can dream though :(
Well with the PC version of the MCC right now, they are working on also Halo CE at the moment, so they probably have heard the issues with the original CE PC version already and might fix all of them.
I wish they'd remove the anniversary sounds from the multiplayer, or at least give you an option to disable them.
Well with the PC version of the MCC right now, they are working on also Halo CE at the moment, so they probably have heard the issues with the original CE PC version already and might fix all of them.
That would be great. I hope your right. It seems every time they update it for xbox they break something else such as now on CE modern shell casing make no noise. Really takes away from the feeling of human weapons no hearing the clatter of casing's landing the ground.
terrraaa wrote:
I wish they'd remove the anniversary sounds from the multiplayer, or at least give you an option to disable them.
They're aware of the demand for this, but whether or not we get the option in the near future is uncertain.
The newest June update has broken the Halo aiming in CE. Makes me want to scream,
The newest June update has broken the Halo aiming in CE. Makes me want to scream,
Can you elaborate on what is broke?
In Halo CE there was always some stickiness/follow/lead. If was aiming over a wall it would go at normal speed but as it went over an enemy it would "stick" and :"follow" and enemy a bit.now aiming is the same everywhere.
I play on 10 (which still feels slow) and am used to getting a bit of sticky on enemies but my briefly play today aiming was the same everywhere.

I'm so used to snapping around with pistol and getting a shot thanks to some aim assistance, now it seems the game makes no difference to my aiming between at a wall and a grunt.

edit: snap shots, such as where you spin around and it can snap a shot with the pistol. Every weapon but the rocket launcher and sniper rifle had this originally.
Your best bet is to provide some clips showcasing what you are saying. Because to me the aiming feels the same. I just played a few games on Halo 1.
In Halo CE there was always some stickiness/follow/lead. If was aiming over a wall it would go at normal speed but as it went over an enemy it would "stick" and :"follow" and enemy a bit.now aiming is the same everywhere.
I play on 10 (which still feels slow) and am used to getting a bit of sticky on enemies but my briefly play today aiming was the same everywhere.

I'm so used to snapping around with pistol and getting a shot thanks to some aim assistance, now it seems the game makes no difference to my aiming between at a wall and a grunt.

edit: snap shots, such as where you spin around and it can snap a shot with the pistol. Every weapon but the rocket launcher and sniper rifle had this originally.
No values have been changed in aiming outside of the hard coded auto aim that was on the Rocket Launcher. Can you provide some video of before and after if you have any before?

Thank you,
Postums
Still own my original copy and my Halo PC copy lol so yea
omarlotrc wrote:
terrraaa wrote:
They're aware of the demand for this, but whether or not we get the option in the near future is uncertain.
I certainly hope it's an option. I personally think the OG sounds are too quiet. I hate the Sniper Rifle's the most. It's so quiet it even feels weird to use.
When you think about it, fans of CE and H2's multiplayers are still waiting for an accurate remaster or proper port. I guess that's why they still have their LANs using OG Xboxs and CRTs.
Postums wrote:

No values have been changed in aiming outside of the hard coded auto aim that was on the Rocket Launcher. Can you provide some video of before and after if you have any before?

Thank you,
Postums
I just got my Xbox One X back from Repair so will try to get some "after" video as for before video I still Have Halo CE AN Xbox 360 addition on disc and digital download and will see if i can use that a reference as it would be a lot easier then digging out my 360 and Halo original backwards compatible on my 360..
When you think about it, fans of CE and H2's multiplayers are still waiting for an accurate remaster or proper port. I guess that's why they still have their LANs using OG Xboxs and CRTs.
Yup. I'm still waiting on Halo 2 myself. The -Yoink- PC port shouldn't have even made it here. Only reason I can think of is because it was made for PC which would make it easier to remaster (aka: cutting some corners). The Halo 1 and 2 experience I grew up with simply canNOT be replicated in MCC. They simply can't. That's why if I do play Halo 1 or 2, it's not multiplayer but the campaign (not including H2A, as I will play that online).
So the Halo CE AE in MCC is based off Halo PC by gearbox. It looks like its going to be forever broken...

Would you buy a new Halo CE AE based off the orginal xbox edition?

I know I would.
In a heartbeat.
This should be updated/fixed, in order to preserve the correct version with Halo CE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2