1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Well now that Xbox has annouced that there will no more back combatable upgrades from og titles or 360, we are stuck with the gearbox and vista ports.
Let's hope over time they can get them to a place that the og crowd can be happy with them.
Thanks for all the input friends, lets keep up the love and maybe 343 will remaster the Original Halo CE from Xbox (Which had a Pentium 3 at 733mhz and a Nvida dgpu)
so really i would have thought it wouldn't be that hard.
it seems every time they updated MCC they break Halo Ce somehow. I don't play MPP but almost everyday squeeze in a some campaign for CE.

Anyone else miss the amount of brass lying around, brass sound effects, bump mapping to name a few things?

Stay vocal folks and maybe we will get RIGHT Halo CE. I would pay full $60 sticker price for the Xbox Halo remastered or put it up on game pass.

PS @ 343 I fired up the original Halo CE and I was wrong about the aim stickiness BUT 10 on original Halo CE makes MCC aim feel like 6.
Well now that Xbox has annouced that there will no more back combatable upgrades from og titles or 360, we are stuck with the gearbox and vista ports.
Let's hope over time they can get them to a place that the og crowd can be happy with them.
Just another reason why I stopped purchasing Microsoft/343 products years ago.
Honestly I wouldn't even care to see the Aniversary treatment overlaid on it; I almost never play with the modern graphics on in CEA anyhow (environments and character models all seem to look awesome in it, except for Master Chief himself, who looks strangely bloated and bubbly compared to the sleek look his armor had in the original graphics).

I've heard here on the forums that MS has ditched original Xbox backwards compatibility, which if true is a pretty lowdown PR move and yet another barrier between Halo fans and the OG Xbox version of CE playing on anything but a nigh twenty year old system. I guess we can hope for a port into MCC or something as another chunk of paid DLC, eventually? It's an unfortunate situation.
Although, to clarify, I'm fairly confident we won't see it come back any time soon. I get the sinking feeling that new content for MCC after Reach makes it in is a pipe dream :/
It would be easier for them to make the original backwards compatible. But I don't think that's happening.
i would like to see the original being somehow available as well... maybe someday it will happen

maybe the scarlett will be completly backwards compatible. i know, they only were talking about games runing on the xbox one, but maybe they manage to take it a step further (one can dream)... maybe they even manage to make an app which simulates a LAN connection to being able to play multiplayer from original xbox games as well (i think of something like xbox connect)...
So the Halo CE AE in MCC is based off Halo PC by gearbox. It looks like its going to be forever broken...

Would you buy a new Halo CE AE based off the orginal xbox edition?

I know I would.
On YouTube there is a Video comparision of Halo CE Xbox version vs Halo CE MCC version and im'scared!
Honestly I wouldn't even care to see the Aniversary treatment overlaid on it; I almost never play with the modern graphics on in CEA anyhow (environments and character models all seem to look awesome in it, except for Master Chief himself, who looks strangely bloated and bubbly compared to the sleek look his armor had in the original graphics).

I've heard here on the forums that MS has ditched original Xbox backwards compatibility, which if true is a pretty lowdown PR move and yet another barrier between Halo fans and the OG Xbox version of CE playing on anything but a nigh twenty year old system. I guess we can hope for a port into MCC or something as another chunk of paid DLC, eventually? It's an unfortunate situation.
I agree man. The remastered graphics overall look great... but the Chief himself honestly looks like a bloated fat turd lol.
The orginal Halo Xbox is aviable on 360, i have it. Seems like if they can get it running on the 360 it would b easy to get it running on 1 or scarlet.
The orginal Halo Xbox is aviable on 360, i have it. Seems like if they can get it running on the 360 it would b easy to get it running on 1 or scarlet.
Honestly, if it was as simple as that they probably would have done it by now
From the MCC June Developement Update:

Postums: With Halo: Combat Evolved coming after Halo: Reach, a lot of people have been asking about our planned improvements to HCE in order to bring it more in parity to the original Xbox version. Essentially, what we are planning to rework to be more aligned with legacy than the original Gearbox port to PC that is used in MCC.

Michael Fahrny: We’re not targeting it for the launch on PC, but we are continuing to investigate what we can do to bring CE back to parity of the original Xbox version.
But, what I can say, is we have dug up some original Xbox devkits that we are looking into utilizing.

The MCC dev team is aware of the demand. Though it might be a while until CE’s graphics are fixed.
No, because I already own a 2001 xbox with Halo Combat Evolved, without the broken transparent shaders and the non-working bumpmapping. I completed it today, and i wont never regret from buying it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2