Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Party matching is needed in social

OP Sharpshooter317

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Everytime I play. I get matched against a team of 4. I play decent. Maybe 12 kills. Teammates have 2 combined. All go close to 1-30.
Party matching would be good, but the population wouldnt work well with it.
Slim Haley wrote:
Hey at this point im fine with it. Not finding a match? Dont search in 4s.
Slim Haley wrote:
So punish people that want to play with their buddies is the answer?

People play in groups to avoid Afkers and Betrayers.
As far as i know is active or i'm wrong? that's why i play with my brother the game matches us with parties of two, three of four people, most of the time parties of people with invited profiles, specially on Halo 3
They recently had party matching in social, but it wasn't received well and people wanted it gone.
They already tried this a few months ago and it didn’t work well with the current population
LUKEPOWA wrote:
They recently had party matching in social, but it wasn't received well and people wanted it gone.
They wanted it gone because they were having to "try".
Slim Haley wrote:

They could still play with their buddys. Maybe against them. But that is exactly what the social team of 4s dont want. A challenge.
Not really. Most of the complaints that I saw were they either couldn't find a game or they were continually matching parties with guests and those guest parties would get stomped causing them to stop playing.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Not really. Most of the complaints that I saw were they either couldn't find a game or they were continually matching parties with guests and those guest parties would get stomped causing them to stop playing.
When was this active in MCC. The last thing I saw that had this was Warzone Warlords in Halo 5 but they made it its own playlist so of course the teams chose to stomp randoms instead of a fair match.
Slim Haley wrote:
Lol that would kill the population I’m glad you have no power in design on the game. Do you expect the big party’s to do 4v4 customs or 2v2 customs all the time
Slim Haley wrote:

They could still play with their buddys. Maybe against them. But that is exactly what the social team of 4s dont want. A challenge.
There’s a challenge and having the one dude go 2 and 25 drag the team to a loss. Eliminate the dead weight and you will win all the time
Slim Haley wrote:
There was partial party matching for a while and it worked alright. You're right that the problem was that there wasn't a high enough population to support it. At the very least the matchmaking system in social needs to be adjusted so that there is at least some attempt to match teams against teams instead of instantly locking a full team against random players.
Bobross343 wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:

There’s a challenge and having the one dude go 2 and 25 drag the team to a loss. Eliminate the dead weight and you will win all the time
The game should be titled "Halo: Unfair Matching Collection" Playing in a team of 4 and winning every game easily isn't fun to me. Id rather search with 1 friend or solo and have fair matches
Bobross343 wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:
Lol that would kill the population I’m glad you have no power in design on the game. Do you expect the big party’s to do 4v4 customs or 2v2 customs all the time
That's the thing. Everyone would find more games because there would be less scared teams of 4
Bobross343 wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:

The game should be titled "Halo: Unfair Matching Collection" Playing in a team of 4 and winning every game easily isn't fun to me. Id rather search with 1 friend or solo and have fair matches
Teams of 4 don't win every game, they sometimes match other teams of 4 and those are the best games you can get. Every player is competent, communicating and cooperating. You'll never get that experience playing solo.
Bobross343 wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:

Teams of 4 don't win every game, they sometimes match other teams of 4 and those are the best games you can get. Every player is competent, communicating and cooperating. You'll never get that experience playing solo.
They do win every game right now. For the sole reason of them not matching other partys. Make that happen and playing solo or in 2s is a million times more enjoyable.
Bobross343 wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:
That's the thing. Everyone would find more games because there would be less scared teams of 4
Deal with it? Teams exist. And searching solo s painful
Bobross343 wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:

They do win every game right now. For the sole reason of them not matching other partys. Make that happen and playing solo or in 2s is a million times more enjoyable.
The general population is kinda trash at halo. There are good people but why do you think they made h4 and 5 easier to pick up. H2 was not easy to pick up. Why would anyone want to search solo or 2s If they have friends. And the population is not there for party matching it would be a dead game for parties. And then those players leave mcc than the player base is even worse off
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3