Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Party matching is needed in social

OP Sharpshooter317

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Bobross343 wrote:
If it is in social I don't think it is needed. In competitive however...
Ranked is ranked a dif environment, the population is real low for certain games in ranked like CE or 2. 3 and reach have a lot right now
I find matches quicker in ranked than I do is in social, for HR anyways. Though I don't have a problem playing against full teams right now, since I'm just having fun. I think party matching will be needed for ranked in the future since you actually have something to lose, while in social that is not the case.
Weird how this works, but if I search in full 4s or 8s I match bottom tiered players and have zero fun because they quit(I don't blame them) or just lose because its unfair. As soon as my friends aren't online? I match parties of 4s or 8s. When im in a full team I NEVER match a team. 0% of the time
The population is pretty small, if you're a regular you'll see the same tags over and over. The solution is simple, add people who play in teams to your friends list. Now you can see what teams are searching, when they are searching, who's in the party etc. When you are playing solo, only search when the parties are in a game, so that you don't match against them. Unfortunately some teams use this method to avoid other teams, which is pretty sad.
The population is pretty small, if you're a regular you'll see the same tags over and over. The solution is simple, add people who play in teams to your friends list. Now you can see what teams are searching, when they are searching, who's in the party etc. When you are playing solo, only search when the parties are in a game, so that you don't match against them. Unfortunately some teams use this method to avoid other teams, which is pretty sad.
Yep it is sad. Dodging is so cheap, but very common for sure.
But as a solo player I don't see anything wrong with dodging.
I do see your point for sure. Just wish those parties were a little more prideful in wanting to "search" other parties like back in the day.
I do see your point for sure. Just wish those parties were a little more prideful in wanting to "search" other parties like back in the day.
Dodging screws over the others on your team. It’s also really cowardly... too scared to face your competition.
do you expect teams to dodge randoms to hunt for other teams when there is only a couple on a nightly basis
Bobross343 wrote:
Dodging screws over the others on your team. It’s also really cowardly... too scared to face your competition.
do you expect teams to dodge randoms to hunt for other teams when there is only a couple on a nightly basis
Its not competition when it's severely imbalanced. Its faster to quit and take a 5 minute ban then sit and get spawn trapped. By the time the ban is gone their game is still going and you can search without getting them back.
Bobross343 wrote:
Its not competition when it's severely imbalanced. Its faster to quit and take a 5 minute ban then sit and get spawn trapped. By the time the ban is gone their game is still going and you can search without getting them back.
You screwed over the other 7 or 3 people lol why would you be proud of that. I hate the current generation the quitter generation. And you know how to solve the imbalance. You just choose to not open your eyes to the solution. You are at the same level of respect to me as afk or grifball boosters.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
You screwed over the other 7 or 3 people lol why would you be proud of that. I hate the current generation the quitter generation. And you know how to solve the imbalance. You just choose to not open your eyes to the solution. You are at the same level of respect to me as afk or grifball boosters.
Solution has sadly been to not play. Why play those games when its a waste of time just being spawn trapped when you can play something else? I haven't quit for matching parties, but how is it screwing my team over when they already lost and probably couldn't pull more than 30 out of a 100 kills between their team? If its not balanced then there is no point in trying. Btw where is your service record? You do play the game right?
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Solution has sadly been to not play. Why play those games when its a waste of time just being spawn trapped when you can play something else? I haven't quit for matching parties, but how is it screwing my team over when they already lost and probably couldn't pull more than 30 out of a 100 kills between their team? If its not balanced then there is no point in trying. Btw where is your service record? You do play the game right?
I know a lot of things about halo and have been playing halo for a while at my buddy’s place for years. I’ve been around the block. And how do you know your team mates will suck automatically? Not everyone is bad outside party’s
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
I know a lot of things about halo and have been playing halo for a while at my buddy’s place for years. I’ve been around the block. And how do you know your team mates will suck automatically? Not everyone is bad outside party’s
Unfortunately even if everyone is above average going up against a just average TEAM is still likely to end in a loss for the randoms. The communication in a party is extremely effective at winning games and randoms due not talk in game due to a plethora of reasons. On top of that, most 8 people parties are made up of clans and well above average players looking to stomp and farm kills.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Unfortunately even if everyone is above average going up against a just average TEAM is still likely to end in a loss for the randoms. The communication in a party is extremely effective at winning games and randoms due not talk in game due to a plethora of reasons. On top of that, most 8 people parties are made up of clans and well above average players looking to stomp and farm kills.
That’s the point of teaming up.... trying to win. If no one wanted to win people would run solo. It’s not my fault or your fault people don’t want to use mics. It’s their own fault you will lose. Banishing 8 mans will only hurt the population over their own mistakes. It’s only natural if you want to win you team up and work together. And it’s not all cringy clans. It can be friends playing together that are good.
Slim Haley wrote:
Party matching would be good, but the population wouldnt work well with it.
I think once we have crossplay this would be a more viable option until Halo Infinite comes out.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
That’s the point of teaming up.... trying to win. If no one wanted to win people would run solo. It’s not my fault or your fault people don’t want to use mics. It’s their own fault you will lose. Banishing 8 mans will only hurt the population over their own mistakes. It’s only natural if you want to win you team up and work together. And it’s not all cringy clans. It can be friends playing together that are good.
Of course that's the point and I am not saying it's wrong. I am not even saying that they HAVE to match against another party of 8 people even a team of 4 plus some randoms or even a combination of parties would be better. But 6-8 people going against a full team of randoms is just absurd. It's always a loss and not just a loss but a complete blow out. No one likes losing but that's gonna happen but having one team get the full 100 kills and the other team barely breaking 20-30 is a problem and it shows.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Of course that's the point and I am not saying it's wrong. I am not even saying that they HAVE to match against another party of 8 people even a team of 4 plus some randoms or even a combination of parties would be better. But 6-8 people going against a full team of randoms is just absurd. It's always a loss and not just a loss but a complete blow out. No one likes losing but that's gonna happen but having one team get the full 100 kills and the other team barely breaking 20-30 is a problem and it shows.
Losses happen. Minimise losses by forming a team it’s that simple
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Once again that is a ridiculous requirement just to enjoy the game.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
He keeps going back to the win/loss thing. I am not worried about winning versus losing. I want to enjoy the game. In its current state. I cant. If I team up. I win without challenge because I never match other teams. If I search solo or in 2s. I match full teams. Or in a rare case match 2 pairs of 2's while I have solos. Balancing issue not a win loss issue. Not that hard to grasp.
Bobross343 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
When was this active in MCC.
Early November. It was removed a couple weeks later because they didn't see a positive trend with it. Link.
That was before the population jump from Reach.
Look buddy, if YOU are not willing to get a team to make sure your chances of winning are higher, YOU don't get a say in the matter. You know that randos are bad, yet you jump into matchmamking anyway, then have the audacity to whine when a team beats you. Xbox has an lfg system in place already, no reason to not use it.
I shouldn't have to go get more players just to play a balanced match. The groups of sweats just want to continue stomping randoms there are no good reasons against it other then search times and the game has a bigger population for it.
If 4 people band together to play a game, they are most likely going to beat you. You can't expect to win against similarly skilled players that are coordinated when you jump into matchmaking alone with 2-3 other randos. If YOU can't be bothered to get more people with you to search, the YOU can't complain when a good team stomps you. And that's a fact.
We shouldn't have to be bothered to begin with. You guys really like easy unbalanced matches in your favor don't you. A party system would go a long way to balance the game and that's not a bad thing.
Lol expecting a team based multiplayer to be composed of only randoms? That’s really really unrealistic bud. Balance it out bringing friends into games
Then what about BTB? Getting a full 8 just to compete and have a fair match? I have to stay away from BTB just because of all the full 8 parties in it. That's why it's needed. Parties have existed in online games for a while now. And even OG had a system for it that prioritizes parties and only matches randoms or smaller parties if there are not enough players.
What's wrong with finding 7 other people of similar skill and having fun in btb? I've never understood this bizarre aversion to making friends in the halo community. If YOU are getting dunked on by teams, what do YOU think YOU should be doing to make sure it stops? There are literally dozens of lfg posts in the Halo Club on any given hour, on any given day. Anyone who complains about losing to teams is blatantly refusing to man up and fix the situation themselves. And that's a fact.
Man up? My dude, this is a video game. Lol.

I can understand why some people would prefer to have party matching enabled, but 343i tried it in 4v4 and it was not well received. Maybe they can try it again once crossplay is supported. Until then, keeping it disabled is probably the safest call.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3