I just read through the July MCC development update and I must say that it bums me out that things like FoV sliders and the ability to change your view model are being put on the back burner for console.

I think that some of the things that have aged the worst are these settings, and the ability to mess with them would be amazing. And with cross-play apparently coming sometime in 2020 (hype!) it's going to give PC players a huge advantage. Especially in games like Halo 3 that have absolutely horrible default FoV.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything about game development, but it seems like most of the work is being done by bringing these features to PC to begin with. I know that things like FoV can effect frame rate, and that could be a potential issue on base Xbox One. I think that this could be solved however by giving a notice when changing that setting that it could have a potential impact on performance.

Anyways, that's my two cents. I really am loving the MCC updates so far and I hope that they can figure this out because it will help a lot, I think.
I completely agree, PC gets so many features that are exlusive to PC for no reason.
I hope we will see pc stuff on series x.
it blows my mind the Xbox version doesnt even have audio options to turn down game sounds. like wtf?
If you want all the PC features you probably have to go to PC. While more features would be great shouldn't they concentrate on making MCC more stable and work properly on console? Not to mention add the other stuff we should have, ODST firefight, custom game browser, and most importantly more OG H2 maps remastered for H2A multiplayer.
LethalQ wrote:
If you want all the PC features you probably have to go to PC. While more features would be great shouldn't they concentrate on making MCC more stable and work properly on console? Not to mention add the other stuff we should have, ODST firefight, custom game browser, and most importantly more OG H2 maps remastered for H2A multiplayer.
They are already confirmed to be doing all of those things, minus more maps. The thing is that the work is already done. These options are in the PC version of the game.
LethalQ wrote:
They are already confirmed to be doing all of those things, minus more maps. The thing is that the work is already done. These options are in the PC version of the game.
The work is already done? I highly doubt that since there seems to be plenty of bugs left...check this bug out, this has happened to me twice... I guess you can say I got the challenge... They got quite a bit of work to do to get these challenges working right not to mention additional content. I don't see a need to try and add PC features just yet. If and when PC and console cross play is available let's hope for a feature to turn off matching with PC players first and foremost.
There's a reason there's no FOV slider on the console version. Higher FOV means more more things need to be rendered meaning it taxes the system more, consoles dont tend to have these settings because they are designed to run on specific hardware compared to the variety of PC builds that are out there. Volume sliders though, that should be in there.To be honest compared to what Im used to in my games settings MCC is very sparse, I cant change the AA, turn AO on or off , its just graphics for performance or quality. Doom Eternal is a good example of a game full of graphical settings, https://www.game-debate.com/blog/images/_id1584375031_1406098.jpg
There's a reason there's no FOV slider on the console version. Higher FOV means more more things need to be rendered meaning it taxes the system more, consoles dont tend to have these settings because they are designed to run on specific hardware compared to the variety of PC builds that are out there. Volume sliders though, that should be in there.To be honest compared to what Im used to in my games settings MCC is very sparse, I cant change the AA, turn AO on or off , its just graphics for performance or quality. Doom Eternal is a good example of a game full of graphical settings, https://www.game-debate.com/blog/images/_id1584375031_1406098.jpg
Yes but I don't think it's that weak to the degree were it would destroy framerate, It might go down a bit but most mcc games are pretty old and run super smooth on console.
Every game barring H2A multiplayer was designed for the Xbox 360. Surely even the base Xbox One should be able to handle FOV sliders for each title.
I agree entirely, and an FoV slider is a huge part of DOOM's feel. With the default field of view the game feels slow. It's only after cranking it up that it starts to get the frantic speed that I love.
Halo 3 needs an FOC slider real bad. I hope it gets added one day.