Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

People keep voting for halo 3

OP PerplexPasta

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Whenever I play the MCC's multiplayer , halo 3 gets voted more then any of the other games in the collection . It get picked almost 60% of the time in slayer , Btb and SWAT and around 90% of the time in infection . It gets really annoying because one the things that I love about the MCC is the HUGE diversity in content with tons of maps , but there's some maps that I barely see at all like blood canyon from halo 2 a . Hell , there's some maps that I never get to play .I know that halo 3 is often considered the best halo by the community , but why dont these people just go play on the halo 3 playlist ?

Not that this comment will change anything , but I'd like to see if other people have the same experience and what they think of it.
Whenever I play the MCC's multiplayer , halo 3 gets voted more then any of the other games in the collection . It get picked almost 60% of the time in slayer , Btb and SWAT and around 90% of the time in infection . It gets really annoying because one the things that I love about the MCC is the HUGE diversity in content with tons of maps , but there's some maps that I barely see at all like blood canyon from halo 2 a . Hell , there's some maps that I never get to play .I know that halo 3 is often considered the best halo by the community , but why dont these people just go play on the halo 3 playlist ?

Not that this comment will change anything , but I'd like to see if other people have the same experience and what they think of it.
Add me if you want. I do Halo CE BTB customs Friday nights at 930pm central. I get 16 people easily each time.
Because Halo 3 was the -Yoink- back then
not anymore since they botched the hit registarion
Halo 3 MCC playlists need to be put down below Halo CE and Halo 2 playlist options since MCC gives us the chance to play Halo CE online console since we were denied that back then (except for the PC users), and it gives us a chance to go back (or in my case begin) and enjoy Halo 2's online as many fans these days couldn't enjoy it after Halo 3 and Reach's entries onto the franchise and Halo 2 servers were shut down.... sad hours that day
Halo 3 MCC playlists need to be put down below Halo CE and Halo 2 playlist options since MCC gives us the chance to play Halo CE online console since we were denied that back then (except for the PC users), and it gives us a chance to go back (or in my case begin) and enjoy Halo 2's online as many fans these days couldn't enjoy it after Halo 3 and Reach's entries onto the franchise and Halo 2 servers were shut down.... sad hours that day
The MCC playlists are ordered in popularity.

The reason Halo 3 and BTB show up above the rest is because they are more popular/have more players.

It's 343i's answer to showing us what playlists have the most people playing, without them having to go back on their policy of hiding the population counters.

The MCC doesn't do the games justice. They need separately releases.
CE gets picked a fair amount of the time in Team Slayer, in my experience; H2C doesn't get a sniff. BTB is about 70% H3, 20% H4 (Eww), and 10% everything else.

I inch closer to madness each time Territories on Avalanche or One-Flag on Last Resort manhandles CE/H2 in the voting. It's bad enough that H3 always wins, but why are those two maps weighted so far above the numerous other H3 maps? Better question: Why is H3 the only game with a guaranteed slot in the vote?

Shoddy, shoddy matchmaking. You can tell how little thought went into this game, both pre and post release. Mixed-game playlists are inherently bad, but they still could've been better than this. I mean, how long did it take 343 to realize that the furthest-to-the-left option winning the voting tiebreaker, when each game had a designated, unchanging position, was unfair? Like, six months? Pathetic.

This game was, is, and always will be an afterthought to 343. Not like it matters - they're so inept, the game still would've been botched had they put the effort in. This was the first--and last--game of theirs I'll ever play, let alone buy.
CE gets picked a fair amount of the time in Team Slayer, in my experience; H2C doesn't get a sniff. BTB is about 70% H3, 20% H4 (Eww), and 10% everything else.

I inch closer to madness each time Territories on Avalanche or One-Flag on Last Resort manhandles CE/H2 in the voting. It's bad enough that H3 always wins, but why are those two maps weighted so far above the numerous other H3 maps? Better question: Why is H3 the only game with a guaranteed slot in the vote?

Shoddy, shoddy matchmaking. You can tell how little thought went into this game, both pre and post release. Mixed-game playlists are inherently bad, but they still could've been better than this. I mean, how long did it take 343 to realize that the furthest-to-the-left option winning the voting tiebreaker, when each game had a designated, unchanging position, was unfair? Like, six months? Pathetic.

This game was, is, and always will be an afterthought to 343. Not like it matters - they're so inept, the game still would've been botched had they put the effort in. This was the first--and last--game of theirs I'll ever play, let alone buy.
I agree with you , except about not buying any games from 343 after this one because i love halo 5's multiplayer . I think Microsoft might be forcing them to focus on halo 5.
Halo 3 was immensely popular back when it came out but on MCC it really stinks. If you dont' like it, play with friends to control the vote
I was in a Halo 3 match, and the game lagged so horribly, I always seemed to get no kills even when its dead on shot or stick, I kept getting one-shotted from BR's even with full shields and respawn times were atrocious. I'm fairly certain that someone or a couple of people were exploiting the heavy lack of security on MCC in Halo 3's coding to use the Lag Trigger to give them the winning edge, it's why I can't play Halo 3 matches on it anymore, as compared to CE, 2 Classic, 2 Anniversary and 4 I don't see any problems with those multiplayer matches.

Add me if you want. I do Halo CE BTB customs Friday nights at 930pm central. I get 16 people easily each time.
Woah can I play..?

Woah can I play..?
Sounds good. Once this new Xbox Experience that's in preview mode. I'll be starting a classic Halo club that I'll make a thread on this site about. I pretty much should have 200 plus people that are interested in this already from my friends list.

Woah can I play..?
Sounds good. Once this new Xbox Experience that's in preview mode. I'll be starting a classic Halo club that I'll make a thread on this site about. I pretty much should have 200 plus people that are interested in this already from my friends list.
Haha I play halo 5 way more than MCC but I still enjoy MCC. Halo CE has gotta be the halo I'm worse at though XD

Woah can I play..?
Haha I play halo 5 way more than MCC but I still enjoy MCC. Halo CE has gotta be the halo I'm worse at though XD
Do you use the assault rifle or the magnum as your main weapon ?
I want to get the Halo 3 Anniversary with amazing graphic and the controls stays the same (no sprints and no Spartan abilitites) keep the classic.
Kids picking Halo 3 makes it hard to play this game. You can't really find matches at a decent rate outside of TS, and people keep picking it. Even if it's something garbage like AR starts on Epilogue it will still get picked over H2 BRs or CE. H3 voters are a plague.

Woah can I play..?
Mangnum in both lol

Woah can I play..?
Mangnum in both lol
That's weird , I usually win often enough in halo ce . Halo 2 is the game where I've had the most difficulty . Probably because whenever a halo 2 maps get chosen it's because most people are halo 2 veterans or something.

Woah can I play..?
Mangnum in both lol
That's weird , I usually win often enough in halo ce . Halo 2 is the game where I've had the most difficulty . Probably because whenever a halo 2 maps get chosen it's because most people are halo 2 veterans or something.
Haha I'm just bad at CE. I'm decent at 2 3 and 4 and I'm good at 5.. I've also only played halo since last september and got Halo 5 day one so not much experience in the old one compared to people on MCC probaly

Woah can I play..?
Mangnum in both lol
Haha I'm just bad at CE. I'm decent at 2 3 and 4 and I'm good at 5.. I've also only played halo since last september and got Halo 5 day one so not much experience in the old one compared to people on MCC probaly
OK :P It's true that halo ce's multiplayer feels very different compared to any other of the other halos . You can 3 shot people with the magnum , the AR , plasma rifle ,plasma pistol and needler are almost useless , but the sniper , rocket launcher and shotgun absolutely rock . Other then that , the spawns are terrible too , I've lost count of how many times I got spawn killed and some of the BTB maps are so huge that you generally spend more time looking for people then fighting them !
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2