Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Personally, I'd love Grifball to be permanent in matchmaking. It's such a great game mode, and even some of 343s game have been marketed as Grifball edition. Messing around in there is one of the best things to do with your friends... I just wish it wouldn't count against your K/D...

Thoughts?
Grifball was permanent at one point, but exp boosting became out of control, so 343i made it rotational.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Grifball was permanent at one point, but exp boosting became out of control, so 343i made it rotational.
This. I played Grifball too and let me tell you, there are many people who play it as a deathmatch. It's best for it to stay rotational.
x N7 117 x wrote:
This. I played Grifball too and let me tell you, there are many people who play it as a deathmatch. It's best for it to stay rotational.
Not too mention if you even tried to play it as intended, players could go from nice to nasty faster than the Flash.
again xp boosting is impossible in mcc when you only get 12000 max on both performance and teamwork
x N7 117 x wrote:
If 343 made it an arcade game type (no xp, no K/D), what would you think of it then?
x N7 117 x wrote:
If 343 made it an arcade game type (no xp, no K/D), what would you think of it then?
The game type is playing well right now just as it is....PLEASE don't mess with it. Thanks
HC SOlO wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
The game type is playing well right now just as it is....PLEASE don't mess with it. Thanks
You get rid of xp and you solve the booster issue. Solve the booster issue and it can be permanent
If it weren’t for the people who AFK Boost or Sword line it should be Rotational
Bobross343 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
You get rid of xp and you solve the booster issue. Solve the booster issue and it can be permanent
It has been so long since the game type played well that I am happy as it is. I haven't come across boosters recently. I don't care if its permanent.
I like Grifball I think it’s fun and it’s easier to complete challenges and level up but they should definitely add a boot system I had this one guy on my team named Monopoly something and all he did was killing me and my teammates at spawn and it was annoying that I had to carry my team to win matches because of that.
again xp boosting is impossible in mcc when you only get 12000 max on both performance and teamwork
I suppose Grifball is different since you potentially have full control over how long the match will take. People can 'sword line' the first round until they hit max XP, then intentionally end every following round within 5 seconds, resulting in the maximum XP in the shortest amount of time.
I would love if they somehow fixed the boosting problems and made it permanent again. It's so weird to not be able to play grifball whenever you want to when that's been possible at most times in the past for MCC and most previous halo titles.
Kreger123 wrote:
I like Grifball I think it’s fun and it’s easier to complete challenges and level up but they should definitely add a boot system I had this one guy on my team named Monopoly something and all he did was killing me and my teammates at spawn and it was annoying that I had to carry my team to win matches because of that.
Accidental betrayals become the issue with grifball. If you allow betrayal booting it destroys the game.
I suppose Grifball is different since you potentially have full control over how long the match will take. People can 'sword line' the first round until they hit max XP, then intentionally end every following round within 5 seconds, resulting in the maximum XP in the shortest amount of time.
Explaining how to experience boost is really not a great way to help grifball.
FishType1 wrote:
I would love if they somehow fixed the boosting problems and made it permanent again. It's so weird to not be able to play grifball whenever you want to when that's been possible at most times in the past for MCC and most previous halo titles.
I think the issue now is with player population. It became rotational because of population issues if I am not mistaken.
HC SOlO wrote:
This guy seemed to be denying that boosting is possible in MCC, so I explained to him how it has it been done to prove him wrong. It's a simple history lesson, I shouldn't be blocked from describing how people used to do something for fear of it happening again. If that's the case, then there's something wrong with the system, not the players.

By the way, you shouldn't respond to three comments in three separate posts in a row, the mods consider that spam. Quote each comment you want to respond to in the same post and write your responses in between them.
HC SOlO wrote:
This guy seemed to be denying that boosting is possible in MCC, so I explained to him how it has it been done to prove him wrong. It's a simple history lesson, I shouldn't be blocked from describing how people used to do something for fear of it happening again. If that's the case, then there's something wrong with the system, not the players.

By the way, you shouldn't respond to three comments in three separate posts in a row, the mods consider that spam. Quote each comment you want to respond to in the same post and write your responses in between them.
Thanks for the ecucation on posting. They appeared as i posted one after another. Thats the way i responded. No way to edit and combine so too late. My point is that describing how to do it promotes it...that is all.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

Thanks for the ecucation on posting. They appeared as i posted one after another. Thats the way i responded. No way to edit and combine so too late. My point is that describing how to do it promotes it...that is all.
Well, it seems Grifball being a rotational playlist combined with the removal of season points awarded on rank up sort of killed any motivation for boosting as of now. It was rampant at Reach's launch because people disliked the linear unlocks and wanted their 360 Reach armor back as quickly as possible, which then was only obtainable by earning XP and leveling up. It should be more controlled by now, unless there's a ton of people who want to boost for bragging rights.
HC SOlO wrote:
Kreger123 wrote:
Accidental betrayals become the issue with grifball. If you allow betrayal booting it destroys the game.
The guy was doing it on purpose though because he did it the same thing in 2 games so it was definitely not on accident
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2