Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Kreger123 wrote:
I like Grifball I think it’s fun and it’s easier to complete challenges and level up but they should definitely add a boot system I had this one guy on my team named Monopoly something and all he did was killing me and my teammates at spawn and it was annoying that I had to carry my team to win matches because of that.
A quick fix could be 2 or 3 second half damage reception when spawned
Grifball has always been popular with people who want fast XP gain but in my opinion its not really an enjoyable gamemode otherwise because you’re typically stuck with or against AFK people, or people who dont even care about the objective, people who teamkill (why is that even enabled by the way?) or you’re flat out up against the Harlem Griftrotters who have won without even playing.

Yeah I’d rather just play Firefight, actually. At least in Firefight the teamkilling is either accidental or takes effort on their part to even accomplish.
Kreger123 wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
Kreger123 wrote:
I like Grifball I think it’s fun and it’s easier to complete challenges and level up but they should definitely add a boot system I had this one guy on my team named Monopoly something and all he did was killing me and my teammates at spawn and it was annoying that I had to carry my team to win matches because of that.
Accidental betrayals become the issue with grifball. If you allow betrayal booting it destroys the game.
The guy was doing it on purpose though because he did it the same thing in 2 games so it was definitely not on accident
yeah i understand what happened to you, but the problem is as above. With accidental betrayals so common in grifball you cannot enable betrayal booting effectively. Too many bks would boot half their team every game.
Grifball has always been popular with people who want fast XP gain but in my opinion its not really an enjoyable gamemode otherwise because you’re typically stuck with or against AFK people, or people who dont even care about the objective, people who teamkill (why is that even enabled by the way?) or you’re flat out up against the Harlem Griftrotters who have won without even playing.

Yeah I’d rather just play Firefight, actually. At least in Firefight the teamkilling is either accidental or takes effort on their part to even accomplish.
Team killing is enabled in grifball to prevent boosting the bomb carrier even more effectively than is now possible.
Kreger123 wrote:
A quick fix could be 2 or 3 second half damage reception when spawned
I like the idea but it would make scoring the bomb more difficult....not a problem, just different. I wish we could try it.
HC SOlO wrote:

Team killing is enabled in grifball to prevent boosting the bomb carrier even more effectively than is now possible.
Not gonna lie that sounds like a non issue to me. Its not a bug its just how the gravity works, why not play with that concept more. Grifball is so dull on the ground as it is
HC SOlO wrote:

Not gonna lie that sounds like a non issue to me. Its not a bug its just how the gravity works, why not play with that concept more. Grifball is so dull on the ground as it is
It has been tried. Thats how we know what works. Its too easy to score when you dont damage your bomb carrier. I like the idea of a variant for this but not changing all of the others.
So basically nothing is ever going to change, as per usual.
So apparently it was available this last week and I had no idea. lol
Probably. I'm hoping for at least an arcade game mix that doesnt affect exp or kd so that people are sitting in there farming.
You have to understand things have actually changed for the better. It is not perfect but at least people are playing the game more than boosting.... a lot more. I don't come across boosters lately so from my perspective things are incredibly better than in recent years.
HC SOlO wrote:
You have to understand things have actually changed for the better. It is not perfect but at least people are playing the game more than boosting.... a lot more. I don't come across boosters lately so from my perspective things are incredibly better than in recent years.
I can agree with that. 343 really has changed and bettered the game over the years. Truly, I'm impressed with it now, and hopefully Infinite will launch at this quality.
HC SOlO wrote:
I can agree with that. 343 really has changed and bettered the game over the years. Truly, I'm impressed with it now, and hopefully Infinite will launch at this quality.
I was more lamenting on Grifball specifically. The games themselves changed for the better but I dont think Griffball really has. Part of my problem really is the spawns and teamkilling. Nothing is fun about being spawntrapped and then accidentally teamkilled because someone had a knee-jerk reaction (which happens)
HC SOlO wrote:
I was more lamenting on Grifball specifically. The games themselves changed for the better but I dont think Griffball really has. Part of my problem really is the spawns and teamkilling. Nothing is fun about being spawntrapped and then accidentally teamkilled because someone had a knee-jerk reaction (which happens)
Oh well focused on grifball only... 343 could do a community response test and mix it up, ie lower gravity, players spawn on raised platforms or the ground on their side of the map, the ball is very bouncy when dropped or thrown, etc. Some classic grifball is fun, but it does need to get something new every now and then.
HC SOlO wrote:
No doubt this has to be the worst. I have experienced it so often in the past that I have developed techniques to get out of spawn before being killed. Doesnt work every time but it works. This is a behavior problem that is tough to mitigate. Some players play only to spawn trap the other team and boost stats. If they spawn trap and score then no problem. If they spawn trap and hold the bomb then f-them
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2