Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Pistol accuracy issues Halo CE MM?

OP Jm4n82

Is it just me or is the pistol just about unusable? It's about as accurate as it was playing on XBC off host back in the day. Hopefully I'm not alone here and it's something 343 can add to the long list of fixes.
The pistol's shots never register for me D:
Glad to know it's not just me then. They'll register for you if you put your reticle way out in front your opponent and lead them...doesn't work out so well at close range though. I can have someone right in my face running in a straight line spraying the AR and still can't get shots to register.
Pistol doesn't register shots for me either. Same with AR in halo 3
And I thought I became a complete noob, good to know I'm not the only one.
Jm4n82 wrote:
Is it just me or is the pistol just about unusable? It's about as accurate as it was playing on XBC off host back in the day. Hopefully I'm not alone here and it's something 343 can add to the long list of fixes.
After this patch it got fixed a little bit, it is not perfect but I am managing to land a lot of shots
I'm not having trouble, if I'm honest. I had way more problems landing shots before the update.
Oh man, I thought I was hallucinating. I could unload a clip and it seemed like I was shooting at air. And that was at close range.
It's just a lousy netcode issue. It's definitely better than the PC's netcode was, but it has similar problems. You're never going to be 3-shotting people in CE online.
Just echoing here... Pistol accuracy is definitely off. Hopefully they can get it to be as accurate as original Halo CE.
It's just a lousy netcode issue. It's definitely better than the PC's netcode was, but it has similar problems. You're never going to be 3-shotting people in CE online.
But why?

But why?
I don't know why, but the PC release had unplayable netcode and now the MCC still has really bad netcode. The game wasn't developed with online play in mind, so it probably would have to be rebuilt from the ground up to actually work online. I'm guessing it's just impossible to add online functionality to the game and expect it to work at the same level as local/LAN play did on the original Xbox.

At least it's playable in the MCC, just not competitively. It wasn't even playable on the PC version (eventually the only populated servers on PC were no-shield variants, because you were lucky to land one headshot).
Hm... works fine for me. Netcode seems like a huge improvement over Halo PC.
It was pretty unusable before the update for me. Played a couple games last night though and it was 1,000 times better. They def did something right with the update
Hm... works fine for me. Netcode seems like a huge improvement over Halo PC.
I never played Halo PC, but glad to hear it's at least an improvement over that. Just hoping it still could get further updates to improve accuracy as close as possible to the Xbox version (although, let's be honest, When playing LAN you also had to lead your shots a bit, just not nearly as much)
It may be better, but it is certainly not fixed. If you believe your shots are registering, it is probably because you have host. Even before the patch, host bullet registration was great. However, off host pistol is still pretty poor. In addition, as others mentioned, there is a crazy amount of bullet lag that makes the game feel like you are playing on XBC.
Probably because both Halo 2 and CE seem to be hacked up ports of the PC version of these games instead of the console. Halo PC had horrible netcode...hence so does MCC. Of course judging by the MCC Matchmaking fiasco 343 took netcode classes from Gearbox.
anyone else? Halo CE was the only reason I picked this up and purchased another xbox one...going to be sad if this is as good as it gets.
Jm4n82 wrote:

After this patch it got fixed a little bit, it is not perfect but I am managing to land a lot of shots
It seems worse for me post patch. Even the shotgun fails me. I have a clip where I plug a guy with not one, but two 'kill shots' that didnt register. I went -18. Nothing worked. It was unplayable.
Patch made things much worse for me. Even on my own host it now feels off. Matchmaking was decent before now the pistol shots are much more inconsistent