Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

playlist games are mashed together

OP iRL glitCh

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So i thought you'd be able to choose lets say.. halo 2 team slayer, or halo 3 team slayer.. but no.. once you choose Team Slayer (Broad playlist), it matches you with a group and then you choose which halo game you will play. As every halo game is completely different, it's going to take the competitive skill out of it. If i vote for a Halo 2 slayer, and other people vote for Halo 3 then I'll be pissed. Will definitely anger players.
I'm sure I will be problematic for some hurt players at the start, although I think that that anger will settle down other time, with everyone knowing what they're getting into, although I believe that there will be large parties trolling everyone by voting for Halo 4 over Halo 2.
Technically, you can. Get a party, pick the Halo 2, 2A,3, or 4 playlist and select team slayer when you see it.
EDIT: This is only temporary, more playlists will be on at 11/11 once rest of servers are on. You'll be able to choose Halo 2. 3. or 4 only playlists its just that 343i hasn't put those on for reviewers.
Technically, you can. Get a party, pick the Halo 2, 2A,3, or 4 playlist and select team slayer when you see it.
lol, it doesn't work like that. you dont pick which game you want and then the playlist. you pick a broad playlist like team slayer, then people vote on which game they play.
Might as well leave the game if anything past Halo 2 gets chosen.
There is at least one game specific playlist for every game except Halo: CE, and that's coming at some point in the future. They're trying to pool players, if they spread their audience too thin average matchmaking times will rise, which will tend to push other people away from playing. Giving each game a complete roster of playlists isn't practical. Two playlists feature nothing but Halo 2 anniversary, and one playlist features nothing but Halo 2 classic, choose those and vote Team Slayer. If you keep quitting they will penalize you, and eventually give you a temporary ban.
And so it begins...
No CE playlist, I personally will be will be in the TS lobby voting CE only. If it doesn't win we'll be quitting.
That's what I would do and feel like that's going to be really popular because 343i makes the majority rule when I want to play a certain game.
iRL glitCh wrote:

lol, it doesn't work like that. you dont pick which game you want and then the playlist. you pick a broad playlist like team slayer, then people vote on which game they play.
Dont know what list you are looking at. Unless you are talking about Halo 1, each Halo game has their own playlist dedicated for that game's multiplayer with Slayer and Objective gametypes. Pick that game, and tell your party to vote for Team Slayer.

Problem solved.
ghostbuddy wrote:
There is at least one game specific playlist for every game except Halo: CE, and that's coming at some point in the future. They're trying to pool players, if they spread their audience too thin average matchmaking times will rise, which will tend to push other people away from playing. Giving each game a complete roster of playlists isn't practical. Two playlists feature nothing but Halo 2 anniversary, and one playlist features nothing but Halo 2 classic, choose those and vote Team Slayer. If you keep quitting they will penalize you, and eventually give you a temporary ban.
which is exactly why trying to merge 4 games together was a stupid idea. should have been a straight up Halo 2 anniversary and nothing else, but hey thats me. (i love halo CE but we already had an anniversary and loved Halo 3 but this should be about halo 2...like 343 said)
You can still choose specific playlists for Halos 2, 3, and 4, as well as 2A. I'm bummed out about the CE playlist.

Please don't limit me to 2v2 outside of going in to cross-game and crossing my fingers that people vote for it.
You can still choose specific playlists for Halos 2, 3, and 4, as well as 2A. I'm bummed out about the CE playlist.

Please don't limit me to 2v2 outside of going in to cross-game and crossing my fingers that people vote for it.
no.. you cant choose specific playlists for halos. If you want to play halo 2 its all slayer and objective games together, there is no separate playlist for halo 2 team slayer. theyre all combined.
I strongly disagree with the argument of spreading people too thin. Even on h4 with less than 1k peopl in a playlist the longest I've had to wait is a couple minutes. Slightly longer waits is definitely worth being able to play what you want. Would you rather wait 5 mins to play the game you want, or play 3 undesirable games (roughly half an hour) before getting the one you want? Just doesn't make sense. I guarantee every playlist would have over 1k players so waits wouldn't be bad.
I strongly disagree with the argument of spreading people too thin. Even on h4 with less than 1k peopl in a playlist the longest I've had to wait is a couple minutes. Slightly longer waits is definitely worth being able to play what you want. Would you rather wait 5 mins to play the game you want, or play 3 undesirable games (roughly half an hour) before getting the one you want? Just doesn't make sense. I guarantee every playlist would have over 1k players so waits wouldn't be bad.
Thank you finally someone who agrees with me. I thought when MCC was released, each halo game would be seperate and have their own playlists.. guess not. And seeing how every halo game is completely different, under the same playlist thats ranked will make this very, very, very interesting. hopefully enough people voice their opinion so 343 can change this.
343 are going to have to be crafty with the selection in mixed playlists. Not me, but I suspect that people are more willing to leave when certain games being displayed are very different from each other.

You can't please everyone in mixed playlists anyways, so quitting may have a special punishment.

Group game selection as CE/H2, H3/H2, H4/H2A
Any other combinations should either be a little less frequent or a lot.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
Ok someone please explain to me. Each game besides CE now has its own playlist. There are playlists with games all mixed in together, then there are default playlists for each game. Choose Halo 3 playlist, its all Halo 3. I am not understanding the argument here? Just look at the playlists confirmed for launch. If you want to play a certain game click the playlist.
Ok someone please explain to me. Each game besides CE now has its own playlist. There are playlists with games all mixed in together, then there are default playlists for each game. Choose Halo 3 playlist, its all Halo 3. I am not understanding the argument here? Just look at the playlists confirmed for launch. If you want to play a certain game click the playlist.
Because its one playlist for the whole game. A lot I ppl only like slayer or only objective or only btb etc. It blows for the only way to guarantee you play the correct game is to have to play the game types you despise.
http://teambeyond.net/halo-master-chief-collection-playlist-changes/

This is what will happen. Relax until the actual -Yoinking!- game is released officially...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2