Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

playlist games are mashed together

OP iRL glitCh

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok someone please explain to me. Each game besides CE now has its own playlist. There are playlists with games all mixed in together, then there are default playlists for each game. Choose Halo 3 playlist, its all Halo 3. I am not understanding the argument here? Just look at the playlists confirmed for launch. If you want to play a certain game click the playlist.

Because its one playlist for the whole game. A lot I ppl only like slayer or only objective or only btb etc. It blows for the only way to guarantee you play the correct game is to have to play the game types you despise.
Ok then this should be corrected. You all are talking about game modes not the actual games themselves. Again it might just be me, and people might disagree. But come on this is ridiculous you all are debating over what "game mode". Be grateful you have this collection at all, seriously. I get people want to play certain game modes such as team slayer instead of 1 flag ctf. But you have a game with 4 others inside you have to be fair. Whatever game mode I get I am just glad I am playing this game.
think of it this way, These playlist's will seperate the 1 hit wonders that are only good at one game to the solid halo players who are great at all of them.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
think of it this way, These playlist's will seperate the 1 hit wonders that are only good at one game to the solid halo players who are great at all of them.
Exactly, I dont know if its just me but I could care less about a gamemode. Sure I would prefer something that has slayer for every game, but oh well. I am actually happy with pretty much every game mode in these playlists. Objective games make for some crazy moments. Now if they had team snipers or anything like that built into these playlists we would be having a very different conversation.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
think of it this way, These playlist's will seperate the 1 hit wonders that are only good at one game to the solid halo players who are great at all of them.

Exactly, I dont know if its just me but I could care less about a gamemode. Sure I would prefer something that has slayer for every game, but oh well. I am actually happy with pretty much every game mode in these playlists. Objective games make for some crazy moments. Now if they had team snipers or anything like that built into these playlists we would be having a very different conversation.
See you are agreeing with us except since they don't have the game modes you hate (snipers) you are ok with it. Everyone has different preferences, and I know you can't please everyone, but my point is more options will please more people, because wait times still aren't goin to be that long.
I am all for the configuration 343i has come up with. Think about how huge MCC is. How many different possible configurations are available. It's absolutely insane. I think the way 343i is setting this up will keep it new for a very long time. Also, they will be tracking which modes are favored and which are not. I'm sure the will weigh certain game modes as time passes.
I think we are all worried about small beans, before we even play the game.
I am all for the configuration 343i has come up with. Think about how huge MCC is. How many different possible configurations are available. It's absolutely insane. I think the way 343i is setting this up will keep it new for a very long time. Also, they will be tracking which modes are favored and which are not. I'm sure the will weigh certain game modes as time passes.
I think we are all worried about small beans, before we even play the game.
Yah I'm not worried, and I agree they will definitely monitor and refine, I just hope they do it befor the population thins due to butt hurt quitters every game.
I like the idea of getting to choose amongst 100 different maps.
iRL glitCh wrote:
ghostbuddy wrote:
There is at least one game specific playlist for every game except Halo: CE, and that's coming at some point in the future. They're trying to pool players, if they spread their audience too thin average matchmaking times will rise, which will tend to push other people away from playing. Giving each game a complete roster of playlists isn't practical. Two playlists feature nothing but Halo 2 anniversary, and one playlist features nothing but Halo 2 classic, choose those and vote Team Slayer. If you keep quitting they will penalize you, and eventually give you a temporary ban.


which is exactly why trying to merge 4 games together was a stupid idea. should have been a straight up Halo 2 anniversary and nothing else, but hey thats me. (i love halo CE but we already had an anniversary and loved Halo 3 but this should be about halo 2...like 343 said)
That's where you're wrong. This should be about halo 1 and the 13 years of laggy XBC that was tolerated just to play the perfect FPS. Remember this, Halo 2 was heavily anticipated because of how much fun Halo CE was. And they are two completely different games. Meaning Halo CE gets credit for all the glory of Halo and bungie gets all the credit for ruining it. I can't even tell you how thankful the CE community to 343i for their efforts. (There are, however several bugs that need fixed) Halo CE on XBL for the first time is a milestone that's probably been the most anticipated event in gaming history. There should be more devoted to Halo CE. Because there are people who didn't even really like any of the other Halos because of the skill ceiling being lowered dramatically. Btw, Halo CEA was not an anniversary for the multiplayer, which is all that Halo CE players are really concerned with. Let's be honest, who really plays campaign missions over and over again? The multiplayer is what matters.
Ok someone please explain to me. Each game besides CE now has its own playlist. There are playlists with games all mixed in together, then there are default playlists for each game. Choose Halo 3 playlist, its all Halo 3. I am not understanding the argument here? Just look at the playlists confirmed for launch. If you want to play a certain game click the playlist.

Because its one playlist for the whole game. A lot I ppl only like slayer or only objective or only btb etc. It blows for the only way to guarantee you play the correct game is to have to play the game types you despise.
Lol. The game is way more important than the game type.
They should have separate playlists for each game 1-2-3-4, this needs changed...
You can choose a game-specific playlist. The OP is misinformed. All the playlists aren't up if you are basing this on pre-launch streams you've seen.
I'm sure I will be problematic for some hurt players at the start, although I think that that anger will settle down other time, with everyone knowing what they're getting into, although I believe that there will be large parties trolling everyone by voting for Halo 4 over Halo 2.
Halo 4 isn't in the 24/7 team slayer playlist. H1 h2 h2a h3.
H4 is a 5v5 game still

Ok someone please explain to me. Each game besides CE now has its own playlist. There are playlists with games all mixed in together, then there are default playlists for each game. Choose Halo 3 playlist, its all Halo 3. I am not understanding the argument here? Just look at the playlists confirmed for launch. If you want to play a certain game click the playlist.


Because its one playlist for the whole game. A lot I ppl only like slayer or only objective or only btb etc. It blows for the only way to guarantee you play the correct game is to have to play the game types you despise.


Lol. The game is way more important than the game type.
I agree 100% :P I guess I didn't articulate that well... what I meant was, yes, I can choose to play Halo 2 or 3 or whatever. But, I may also like to play slayer or BTB specifically in that game and it sucks that if I really want to do some BTB I probably won't get the game I want.

But anyway I agree. I literally only want to play H2, and I fear the experience I'm going to get when I try to play the H2 specific playlist. Luckily, I'm a team hardcore player and it's going to be H2 only initially so I'm glad for that, hopefully each game will get more specific playlists before they decide to merge some H3 in there with it :S

Edit: I will say though I am relieve they updated the playlists. It means they are at least definitely watching the community and seeing what we want. And while they can't please everyone, I'm sure if there's a quitting epidimic like I assume there might be, then they will either add more game specific playlists, or at least put in some kind of leaver buster system!
At launch, there will be playlists dedicated to each game as well as cross-game playlists such as the Team Slayer one. Also, the Team Slayer playlist does NOT include Halo 4.
Here we go again.

The two playlists are for reviewers. The official day one playlists that 343i had already talked about will be in the game with it officially launches for everyone.

They are called review copies for a reason.

Nothing new, a simple read around the internet would have kept you from being upset. Did you honestly think the game was going to ship with 2 playlists? Gimme a break. :eyeroll:

I already told you this in your previous topic, and your post before that. Please just listen to what I'm saying here, because it's true. No need to post multiple topics on this...

EDIT: Read: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update
Ok someone please explain to me. Each game besides CE now has its own playlist. There are playlists with games all mixed in together, then there are default playlists for each game. Choose Halo 3 playlist, its all Halo 3. I am not understanding the argument here? Just look at the playlists confirmed for launch. If you want to play a certain game click the playlist.


Because its one playlist for the whole game. A lot I ppl only like slayer or only objective or only btb etc. It blows for the only way to guarantee you play the correct game is to have to play the game types you despise.


Lol. The game is way more important than the game type.

I agree 100% :P I guess I didn't articulate that well... what I meant was, yes, I can choose to play Halo 2 or 3 or whatever. But, I may also like to play slayer or BTB specifically in that game and it sucks that if I really want to do some BTB I probably won't get the game I want.

But anyway I agree. I literally only want to play H2, and I fear the experience I'm going to get when I try to play the H2 specific playlist. Luckily, I'm a team hardcore player and it's going to be H2 only initially so I'm glad for that, hopefully each game will get more specific playlists before they decide to merge some H3 in there with it :S

Edit: I will say though I am relieve they updated the playlists. It means they are at least definitely watching the community and seeing what we want. And while they can't please everyone, I'm sure if there's a quitting epidimic like I assume there might be, then they will either add more game specific playlists, or at least put in some kind of leaver buster system!
It's worth noting that statistics for each playlist will help 343i know what to do with playlists. For example, if votes for objective and slayer aren't somewhat evenly split, they might try making a cross-game playlist for Team Objective, and the games that the playlist includes depends on which games had Objective played on them most.

In other words, the community's actions determine the future of matchmaking.
TranzTeKk wrote:
Here we go again.

The two playlists are for reviewers. The official day one playlists that 343i had already talked about will be in the game with it officially launches for everyone.

They are called review copies for a reason.

Nothing new, a simple read around the internet would have kept you from being upset. Did you honestly think the game was going to ship with 2 playlists? Gimme a break. :eyeroll:

I already told you this in your previous topic, and your post before that. Please just listen to what I'm saying here, because it's true. No need to post multiple topics on this...

EDIT: Read: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update
Here we go again.

Another person who thinks we don't know what we're talking about.

We are 100% aware of what the playlists are. That is not the issue. The issue is if we want to play, for example, Halo 2 Team Slayer, then we have to do 1 of two things.

1) Join the team slayer playlist and pray everyone votes for whatever Halo 2 game may or may not come up for vote, or
2) Join the Halo 2 playlist and pray everyone votes for a slayer option that may or may not come up

We know we can choose to play Halo 1, 2, 3 whatever, but the problem is we can't ensure that we will have fun due to everybody's varying preference of game types. For example, I loved halo 2 more than any game I've ever played. However, I loved that game because of the specific playlist(s) within Halo 2 that I loved to play. So being forced to play the game types, or the Halo titles that I did not enjoy, will ruin the experience for me.
TranzTeKk wrote:
Here we go again.

The two playlists are for reviewers. The official day one playlists that 343i had already talked about will be in the game with it officially launches for everyone.

They are called review copies for a reason.

Nothing new, a simple read around the internet would have kept you from being upset. Did you honestly think the game was going to ship with 2 playlists? Gimme a break. :eyeroll:

I already told you this in your previous topic, and your post before that. Please just listen to what I'm saying here, because it's true. No need to post multiple topics on this...

EDIT: Read: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update

Here we go again.

Another person who thinks we don't know what we're talking about.

We are 100% aware of what the playlists are. That is not the issue. The issue is if we want to play, for example, Halo 2 Team Slayer, then we have to do 1 of two things.

1) Join the team slayer playlist and pray everyone votes for whatever Halo 2 game may or may not come up for vote, or
2) Join the Halo 2 playlist and pray everyone votes for a slayer option that may or may not come up

We know we can choose to play Halo 1, 2, 3 whatever, but the problem is we can't ensure that we will have fun due to everybody's varying preference of game types. For example, I loved halo 2 more than any game I've ever played. However, I loved that game because of the specific playlist(s) within Halo 2 that I loved to play. So being forced to play the game types, or the Halo titles that I did not enjoy, will ruin the experience for me.
my point exactly and the only point i've been trying to make. everyone has their own preference, so trying to play a game YOU want to play will depend on the people you match up with and what they vote on. This shouldn't be a game of probability.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2