Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Please do something about team killing trolls

OP Hey NotSid

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've had it with Halo multiplayer. Every single game I go into, someone either shoots me in the back or tosses a grenade into everyone as soon as the match starts.

There's no stopping these people; they're everywhere. It's time to coordinate with Microsoft and start issuing console wide bans for those caught intentionally trying to ruin the experience for other players.

I'm aware most of these are little children who got their xboxes for Christmas and think killing your own team is funny, but frankly this is an M rated game, so children aren't welcome anyway.

Either put a stop to them or I'm going to consider an approach along the lines of "if you can't beat em, join em".

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what that means.
Firstly, there's only 2 options for the intentional, repetitive betrayals
  1. Boot them when prompted and always report them through the gamercard after the match.
  2. Gather a trusthworthy team to meet the team size requirement.
There's accidental betrayals, which happen all the time. Those can be forgiven if they aren't being intentional.

Don't join them with this widespread problem. You do and
  • You are becoming just like them by adding 1 extra player to the mix
  • They can and probably will report you
343 knows of this problem. It's widespread. Along with quitters and AFK's. The problem with it is that all the games never had
  • Returning to the main menu upon match completion and booted from all parties
  • An AFK Kick timer that should require them to move
Edit: Forgot to add this. Another option is to stick with 8 player FFA. No team. No betrayals.
I mean, I honestly haven't run into them very often...Though to be fair, that might be because I am a Team Killer occasionally. However, I am very selective with my ways. It generally happens if one of two things happen:

1) You walk into my grenade/rocket...which that's not my fault. If I toss a grenade and someone charges in after it, only to be blown up, nothing I can do.

or

2) Its a team match, half or more of the enemy team has quit, and my team still insists that we need to use Rocket Launchers against one poor guy that's mostly getting spawn killed. At that point, you are mine, I will kill you, and I will steal that rocket launcher and never use it. You don't need power weapons when its a 4v1 match, and you're a member of that 4.
You don't need power weapons when its a 4v1 match, and you're a member of that 4.
Who are you to decide how people choose to kill their opponents? You're just as toxic as any ordinary team killer and your reason why is far from justifiable.
The only time I really have this particular problem, is in Slayer gametypes. It's usually when going for a sniper/ power weapon, and they kill you for it. I do however not think it's kids, I think it's grown men, or teens that act that way. My 4 year old, and 7 year old, would never betray their teammates. They wouldn't even shoot a br if their teammates we're in screen view, it's adorable lol...
J my Angel wrote:
You don't need power weapons when its a 4v1 match, and you're a member of that 4.
Who are you to decide how people choose to kill their opponents? You're just as toxic as any ordinary team killer and your reason why is far from justifiable.
Its very simple, I hate it when my team quits and I get stuck being spawn killed by rockets and sniper rifles, so I assume the other team dislikes it when that happens to them. It also feels far too cheap of a victory to me. I mean, we have team advantage, map control, everything. Why do we need power weapons, or vehicles, on top of that?

Sure, you're free to have fun, but I do like to keep in mind if the opposing team is having fun as well. They're still gonna lose, I've only seen an team with a single player win twice. Both times were when I was the only player left, and I only won one of those times by hiding and letting the time run out to win by default.

Edit: And if my team killing angers someone who is already on the winning team and has a massive advantage...eh, relax. We're gonna win anyway, it doesn't matter. Besides, usually those kinds of matches devolve into TKing long before I need to join in
J my Angel wrote:
Its very simple, I hate it when my team quits and I get stuck being spawn killed by rockets and sniper rifles, so I assume the other team dislikes it when that happens to them. It also feels far too cheap of a victory to me. I mean, we have team advantage, map control, everything. Why do we need power weapons, or vehicles, on top of that?

Sure, you're free to have fun, but I do like to keep in mind if the opposing team is having fun as well. They're still gonna lose, I've only seen an team with a single player win twice. Both times were when I was the only player left, and I only won one of those times by hiding and letting the time run out to win by default.

Edit: And if my team killing angers someone who is already on the winning team and has a massive advantage...eh, relax. We're gonna win anyway, it doesn't matter. Besides, usually those kinds of matches devolve into TKing long before I need to join in
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/f7/f7f55dda5579c2a6341740ab62354004519a19dd10da498d34dead3a42c6daa0.jpgBest you can do is just ignore it
It's pretty rare in my experience. But maybe it's because I mostly play 4v4 slayer.
It's pretty rare in my experience. But maybe it's because I mostly play 4v4 slayer.
It seems i do it all the time in btb.
On accident. Dont be rash to boot unless its obvious
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/safetym33ting/video/87196460https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/safetym33ting/video/84614153😣😣😣😣😣 🤔 Maybe I should make an accidental betrayal montage.
I seem to get one of these nearly every other match. The most recent finished the game -5 and 17. I was never given the option to boot them when they killed me. The most infuriating thing was that my team had over 50 kills, but we lost by a few points because of this one player.

I realize this is an extreme example, but I still get players that betray way more often than in any other game

Edit: I exclusively play H2A so it’s possible other games in the MCC experience this issue less
Team-killing, in my eyes, is about as childish as it gets in this industry. When you team-kill someone, nobody ever thinks that they’re ruining that persons experience. Tea-bagging is one thing. Everyone thinks that’s funny(unless your a salty pretzel), but team-killing is different. Unless you’re defending yourself, I can think of no justification for you to be team-killing. Plain and simple.
I am glad I don't run into betrayers that often. I play btb and search HCE, H2, and H2A and it's pretty rare to see these betrayers. Maybe stick to the older Halo's for the older crowd will help. The only betraying I usual see is in HCE but it's accidental because if you even tap some one with a vehicle they die, gotta be extra careful in vehicles in CE. What I see more often is the afk xp farmers more than betrayers.
There's a player that I run into all the time in Big Team Battle who always weakens his own teammates, destroys his team's vehicles, or steals the flag and bomb and hides with it so we can't score. He never actually kills his own teammates so we can't boot him. And he even appears offline, so you can't check his profile to see when he is searching and avoid him.

Every single time I match with him I report him and add a comment explaining what he is doing, but reporting doesn't seem to do anything. He just winds up on my team again a few games later, doing the same thing.
in game report button would be nice and get them banned

Have you ever considered that the 1 in a 4v1 scenario just wants the lopsided game to end as fast as possible? Dragging it out by denying your team power weapons just prolongs the no-win situation that poor soul is in. Winning a 4v1 as part of the 4 is meaningless with or without power weapons. Your assumption of what the lone opponent wants doesn't justify you teamkilling to deny access to power weapons.
Chimera30 wrote:

Have you ever considered that the 1 in a 4v1 scenario just wants the lopsided game to end as fast as possible? Dragging it out by denying your team power weapons just prolongs the no-win situation that poor soul is in. Winning a 4v1 as part of the 4 is meaningless with or without power weapons. Your assumption of what the lone opponent wants doesn't justify you teamkilling to deny access to power weapons.
Ehh, maybe they do, maybe they don't. I personally find it infuriating when that happens to me, so Imake an assumption based on my own experiences and will still gladly take the power weapons to prevent my team from using them. I mean, a 4v1 win is still meaningless, but when I am the member of that 1, it does tend to feel better if I am being given a fighting chance rather then being spawn killed with rockets and sniper rifles. If other players like yourself have an issue with it, don't use the power weapons in a 4v1 match. Then I have no reason to TK you.
Chimera30 wrote:

Ehh, maybe they do, maybe they don't. I personally find it infuriating when that happens to me, so Imake an assumption based on my own experiences and will still gladly take the power weapons to prevent my team from using them. I mean, a 4v1 win is still meaningless, but when I am the member of that 1, it does tend to feel better if I am being given a fighting chance rather then being spawn killed with rockets and sniper rifles. If other players like yourself have an issue with it, don't use the power weapons in a 4v1 match. Then I have no reason to TK you.
Its 4v1. You don't have a fighting chance
If other players like yourself have an issue with it, don't use the power weapons in a 4v1 match. Then I have no reason to TK you.
That's the wrong mentality to have. There is never a justified reason for teamkilling. Doing so for any reason opens you up to much deserved consequences. If someone wants to use a power weapon and it's available to pick up, they have every right to, whether it's 4v1, 3v2, 1v1, or any distribution of players. Trying to dictate how others should play the game beyond the standard matchmaking and gametype rules is beyond conceited.
Chimera30 wrote:

Its 4v1. You don't have a fighting chance
Actually, I have managed to win in 4v1 matches where its me against 4 players. Usually you need to use sneakier tactics, and the opposing team needs to either not use the power weapons or you need to be in an area where they aren't very easy to use, but it is do-able.
Chimera30 wrote:

The only somewhat justifiable reason you have to team kill is if you want to get revenge for being team killed. Even that is not an easy argument to make, but what you described is quite ridiculous. 4v1's are often boring for the players on the full team since you are running around with a sparsely populated map, regardless of the joy of getting a gimme win. Creating drama and dragging out the match doesn't do either side any favors.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2