Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Please fix the CE spawns

OP tuhin94

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I'm typing this out as I'm playing a KOTH match in CE. Why? Because I have no chance at even getting a shot off after respawning before I'm killed. Seriously, I'm getting like <1 second. I could continue to play it and continue to spend matches on Waypoint instead.... This game's KOTH is terrible.

EDIT: Please read my second post below which contains some clarifications.

EDIT2: While I’m not making any more posts, the last thing I’d like to clarify is that I’m not new to CE. I’ve been playing Halo since the CE days so this is a critique and request from an old player.
The spawns in CE are just bad. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about it. I'd avoid KotH in CE honestly. It can turn into a grenade spawn killing nightmare.
Halo CE spawns you to your nearest allies I believe. So if your teammates are in a shootout, get ready! That's why it's smart to keep track of when your teammates are dead or alive, so they can respawn without getting spawned killed.
There is a sticky in the MCC forums about Halo CE:

Halo CE Must-Know tips, Read before searching!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-ce-must-know-tips-read-before-searching/1d3beae9-b08d-4c7c-9f86-bf423d34a88c/posts

Spawns are covered there. I'm a huge fan of Halo CE and I learned a lot by reading that thread.
Yea, spawns have always been bad on CE. It's not a bug related to the MCC, just the way the game is.
I stick strictly to slayer for CE. You spawn near your team mates so in game type like KOTH where your team is trying to get hill time yeah there will be hella spawn killing going on.
The spawns are fine and need to be left alone " as it was" and always will be. You spawn by your team mate(s) in every game mode but CTF where you spawn at your colored base. Once you learn the spawns and come back from being down kill
wise or in a non CTF game you'll learn to appreciate the spawn system.
I’m very well aware of how spawns work in CE, since that seems to be the first reply people seem to have. That doesn’t mean they’re good or fine as they are. I’m very much on the side of keeping things as they are (as I have posted multiple times in favor of keeping things as they were) but there is a limit. How can anyone even enjoy, hell even play, KOTH in CE if they are not given the opportunity to even get away from a dangerous area? A team can target spawns all day long and hog the hill without the other team even getting an opportunity to fight back. Blindly worshipping classics and old systems doesn’t make for a good experience for anyone.

The team working on the game is making a fair number of changes to the older games and a justified alteration for one gametype (notice how I specified KOTH and no other modes that have been mentioned) is not blasphemy, much like how adding the option for modern aiming in an upcoming update isn’t either. The alternative is letting one game mode be a total crap fest for solo players since they simply cannot do anything on their end.

As a last point, I no longer will play KOTH in CE since I was only playing KOTH for one of the last achievements I needed in the game, so it doesn’t affect me personally anymore. However, I still feel it’s something that should be fixed so others can enjoy the classics instead of being stuck in a spawn-kill loop much like one of those ridiculous custom games in Halo 5.
343 isn't going to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system for the sake of trying to please people like yourself because their main priority is to make the Halo games on MCC play as close as possible to their original counterparts. If 343 were to ever make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system it would alienate and piss off Halo CE purists such as myself and I'm pretty sure 343 wants to avoid that outcome. The only changes to Halo CE that Halo CE purists such as myself would ever accept are the changes from Halo 1 NHE. If you don't like Halo CE's spawn system and don't want to put the effort into learning how the spawn system functions, learning the spawn points, and learning the random zones then I highly recommend for you to avoid playing Halo CE's multiplayer and stick to playing the other Halo games.

Here are some informative sources for Halo CE's spawn system that I highly recommend for you to utilize as learning tools so that you can make a more informed opinion on Halo CE's spawn system.
I agree with Cloud.... If the spawn system is working like it did on the OG HCE then it needs to remain as it is, like it or not. Just don't search KOTH in HCE if you don't like the spawns. It's not hard to avoid now the match composer. The way it's probably supposed to work is when you or your team mate dies it's up to you or them to get to a safer area for a respawn. Players have to adapt to the game not the other way around.
Spawns in CE on MCC work as intended. There is nothing wrong with the system.
The spawn system is great in Halo CE because you can control where your teammates spawn based on where you stand. This is a skill that is unique to halo CE, it adds an extra layer to the meta game.

Unfortunately it's easy to be a griefer, spawning your own team in a hopeless position over and over. I think most of the time it is done unintentionally. For example, someone is hiding behind cover and if he pokes out he is dead, but by being there he keeps spawning the team in a bad spot. I don't think most players would understand that it would be better to push out and die or even suicide just to change the spawn. If everyone on the team is dead, the spawn will be random.
I can say the BTB HCE spawns need some fixing as I just spawn on the red side even though I am blue at the beginning of the game... It happens on bloodgluch as well.
LethalQ wrote:
I can say the BTB HCE spawns need some fixing as I just spawn on the red side even though I am blue at the beginning of the game... It happens on bloodgluch as well.
This can happen in the original Xbox version of Halo CE as well. It probably happened to you because you were either playing team slayer, King of the Hill, or oddball. In team slayer, king of the Hill, and oddball, your initial spawn isn't guaranteed to be at your own respective base and your spawns are heavily influenced by your teammates positioning on the map. CTF is the only game type in Halo CE that your spawns are static, meaning that both teams will spawn at their own respective bases. This is why CTF is considered to be the main viable game type for Halo CE BTB. The solution to your problem is to only search for CTF when playing Halo CE BTB.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
This can happen in the original Xbox version of Halo CE as well. It probably happened to you because you were either playing team slayer, King of the Hill, or oddball. In team slayer, king of the Hill, and oddball, your initial spawn isn't guaranteed to be at your own respective base and your spawns are heavily influenced by your teammates positioning on the map. CTF is the only game type in Halo CE that your spawns are static, meaning that both teams will spawn at their own respective bases. This is why CTF is considered to be the main viable game type for Halo CE BTB. The solution to your problem is to only search for CTF when playing Halo CE BTB.
That's ok, I would still rather play strictly slayer. CTF games in CE can drag on way to long. I love how in CE the flag carrier can drive vehicles though. All I search is CE, H2, and H2A for slayer in 4v4 and 8v8.
I think you're being a bit harsh on OP. Let's be honest, CE's spawn system adds a lot of depth to its 2v2 experience, but in a more social 4v4 setting, it can be jarring and just downright unfun for players who are new and not as knowledgable.

Knowledge of CE's spawn system is a requirement to become a more competitive CE player, but it should not be a requirement to have fun at the most basic level.
I think you're being a bit harsh on OP. Let's be honest, CE's spawn system adds a lot of depth to its 2v2 experience, but in a more social 4v4 setting, it can be jarring and just downright unfun for players who are new and not as knowledgable.

Knowledge of CE's spawn system is a requirement to become a more competitive CE player, but it should not be a requirement to have fun at the most basic level.
Just because Halo CE's spawn system is only ideal for a 2v2 format and isn't ideal for 4v4 and 8v8 doesn't mean it's justifiable to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system. 343 should preserve the integrity of Halo CE's spawn system regardless if it has flaws or not. If someone doesn't like how Halo CE's spawn system functions in a 4v4 and 8v8 format then that person should probably either stick to playing Halo CE in a 2v2 format or play a different Halo game instead of being unreasonable and selfishly advocate for 343 to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system.
xxcloud7xx wrote:

Just because Halo CE's spawn system is only ideal for a 2v2 format and isn't ideal for 4v4 and 8v8 doesn't mean it's justifiable to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system. 343 should preserve the integrity of Halo CE's spawn system regardless if it has flaws or not. If someone doesn't like how Halo CE's spawn system functions in a 4v4 and 8v8 format then that person should probably either stick to playing Halo CE in a 2v2 format or play a different Halo game instead of being unreasonable and selfishly advocating for 343 to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system.
I understand and I'd never want it to change. I'm just pointing out that because of its punishing nature, it's going to keep driving away players who's first experience with CE is something other than 2v2. I think that's a big flaw because it makes CE a bad social experience, and often times players want to be able to have fun with a game before they develop the desire to become better at it.
xxcloud7xx wrote:

Just because Halo CE's spawn system is only ideal for a 2v2 format and isn't ideal for 4v4 and 8v8 doesn't mean it's justifiable to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system. 343 should preserve the integrity of Halo CE's spawn system regardless if it has flaws or not. If someone doesn't like how Halo CE's spawn system functions in a 4v4 and 8v8 format then that person should probably either stick to playing Halo CE in a 2v2 format or play a different Halo game instead of being unreasonable and selfishly advocating for 343 to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system.
I understand and I'd never want it to change. I'm just pointing out that because of its punishing nature, it's going to keep driving away players who's first experience with CE is something other than 2v2. I think that's a big flaw because it makes CE a bad social experience, and often times players want to be able to have fun with a game before they develop the desire to become better at it.
While the flaws of Halo 1's spawn system might give newcomers a bad first impression and alienate them, you need to keep in mind that there are a whole bunch of informative Halo 1 sources on the internet that can make the game more accessible to newcomers. I don't think that I was being too harsh on the OP because the OP has an unreasonable postion and decided to keep that unreasonable postion despite the OP saying that he is very well aware of how the spawns work in Halo CE. Please keep in mind that I linked the OP a whole bunch of informative sources for Halo 1's spawn system and that there's a Halo: CE Must-Know Tips thread by Hard VVay pinned on halowaypoint.
I love the passion that is showing up in this thread. I will say that we currently have no plans to update the spawning system for Halo CE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3