Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Please fix the CE spawns

OP tuhin94

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
xxcloud7xx wrote:
There are people in the CE community such as Harris and his bro that don't like playing the NHE version and prefer playing the original. That being said please keep in mind that the NHE version still requires the original console and disk; therefore, it plays exactly like the original except with subtle changes.
Sounds like Harris and his bro are true purists.

It's your opinion that the changes of the NHE version are "subtle". What you constitute as the appropriate use of the terms "subtle" and "arbitrary" in reference to changes may not be agreed upon by others.

I know I wouldn't agree with your use of the term "subtle" here given the no spread and other features of NHE v1.0, but that's just me. I'd venture a guess and assume that Harris and his bro would vehemently disagree with your use of the term "subtle" here too.
Quote:
The NHE version plays a lot closer to the original version than the current MCC version so [some] people prefer playing the NHE version over the MCC version.
I understand that there's a perspective, with which you share, that believes the NHE version may play a lot closer to the original Xbox version of CE versus how the MCC version compares to the original. I'm sure there are many legit reasons to believe that, but we both can only speculate on the truth of that statement.

For starters, to even be able to formulate a fair judgement a person would have had to of played the original, NHE, and the MCC versions. Now, I'm not saying that there are not plenty of those people out there, but those who have played, and likely continue to play, the NHE version are, in all honesty, a pretty tiny subgroup of people in comparison to the full size of the Halo community. And part of the reason they exist as a subgroup from the larger community is precisely because it's a collection of people who hold a passionate perspective that likely differs somewhat from the majority. I mean, if everyone, or the vast majority of people, believed that CE (original or NHE versions) were the perfect means to enjoy "Halo" then there would have been little reason to buy, play, or find enjoyment with the following Halo titles beyond graphical enhancements and perhaps a desire to discover how the campaign continued the story.
Quote:
The removal of spread from the M6D pistol and unscoped sniper were pretty controversial changes. There was a lot of debate around it.
I would imagine so; especially, within a group that by all means was dedicated to playing CE competitively over newer titles.

It seems like even within this subgroup there was plenty of differing perspectives which helped eventually lead to the creation of the current NHE version.
Quote:
Before the release of the NHE v1.0 the previous NHE version didn't have any fundamental changes to the game that were as controversial as the removal of spread.
That's according to you; though, I would agree (with you) that none of the other changes seem "as" controversial.

I'm sure there was some amount of controversy with regards to everything being worked on. Adding timer scripts and removing certain sounds certainly bring forth some "fundamental" game-play changes too. Hell, removing host advantage is a massive fundamental change, but it also greatly improved the competitiveness of the game so it was deemed acceptable. Same for the other NHE changes too.
Quote:
While advocating for 343 to make the MCC version resemble the NHE version might create a similar precedent as advocating for 343 to make changes to CE's spawn system I don't think that both positions have similar merit.
I would disagree. I think both positions carry fairly similar merit. You both were advocating for improvement.

The OP was discussing the spawn system in regards to a particular mode (KotH). He was advocating for improvement to that particular mode. You advocate on behalf of the NHE version which would bring about some title-wide changes directed at competitive improvements. Change for the sake of improvement is the similarity.
Quote:
I acknowledge that CE's spawn system isn't perfect and has flaws. There are various ways to improve CE's spawn system for other player formats outside of 2v2.
By all means, do share your thoughts on how to improve CE's spawn system or, better yet, share your thoughts with regards to improving the spawn system for the particular mode (KotH) that the OP was mentioning. I'm sure he'd very much welcome that discussion verses the actual comment you directed toward him.
Quote:
What I mean when I say that CE's spawn system on MCC doesn't have any real legitimate issues is that the spawn system is functioning as intended because it's functioning the same as it does in the original.
I know exactly what you mean, but you're missing your own hypocrisy. It was believed that there were some legitimate issues with the function of the original Xbox version that led to and brought about the NHE version, right?

Trying to differentiate the alterations made by the NHE version from the subject of potential spawn changes is ultimately a word contorting game because at the root these two things boil down to the same type of justified logic. A personal desire to see the game improved.
Quote:
I'm open to debating the merits of CE's spawn system but I think that it's pretty unrealistic to expect for 343 to go out of their way to prioritize making changes to its spawn system when there's not a big enough demand for it.
Are you really open to debating the merits? I question that given your original response within this thread.

It may very well be unrealistic to expect 343i to prioritize adjustments to the spawn system; especially, at this point with all the other work going on within the MCC. But how is 343i even to know that there's a demand if nobody speaks up about it? Worse yet, when someone does they get hostile responses from those with an opposing perspective instead of receiving a constructive discussion.
Quote:
There's a bigger demand for 343 to make CE on MCC resemble the original version or NHE than there is for 343 to make changes to the spawn system.
According to who exactly? Perhaps that’s true of the majority within the passionate community that you're a part of, but they hardly make up the majority of the total MCC player base.

Anyways, you offer only speculation here of which we both can only offer at this point.
Quote:
I'm aware that arguments are a two-way street and I'm prepared to defend my positions however I'm not going to waste my time responding to someone if I think that the person isn't being charitable to my position.
Okay.
Quote:
I think that the conversation started to become pointless and unproductive when some people still had an unreasonable expectation of CE's spawn system changing despite the fact that a 343 employee already stated that they currently have no plans to update the spawning system for CE.
Postums saying that 343i currently doesn't have any plans to update the spawning system isn't the same thing as saying that they (343i) would never consider it.
Quote:
I'm sure that there are some people in the Halo 1 Hub Discord that are open-minded however I'm not sure how open people will be to the idea of making changes to CE's spawn system.
You never know. Maybe there are plenty of people who (like you) recognize that the spawn system has issues, but don't speak-up for a number of reasons. Perhaps they just don't want to stand-out in contrast to the general groupthink mentality. I happen to think this a major problem that occurs throughout all of the Halo community; especially, on the competitive side.
While CE's spawn system can get annoying if your team is stuck in a bad place, I definitely don't think it needs to be changed. It's part of what makes CE the unique Halo experience it is. It puts extra import on playing as a team and adds another layer of strategy to the game.
Vlexis wrote:
While CE's spawn system can get annoying if your team is stuck in a bad place, I definitely don't think it needs to be changed. It's part of what makes CE the unique Halo experience it is. It puts extra import on playing as a team and adds another layer of strategy to the game.
Just one more reason it shouldn’t be ranked , as some people are asking.
What's with people wanting the original classic games to be updated in different aspects? Bad spawning in Halo CE is part of the experience (I know that sounds stupid, but I had to deal with it.) There are also those who want the Halo 2 energy sword's lunge attack to be changed. Again, the crazy and flying lunge attack is part of the original Halo 2 experience that was on the original Xbox. People have said this many times, and I will say it too. 343 Industries are trying to make all the Halo games on the MCC as close as possible to their original counterparts. I can understand a change to a weapon if that weapon didn't act like it did in the original, but not something such as changing how the spawning works in Halo CE. There are also people out there who practiced and played the heck out of the original Halo CE who are experts, and know where their opponents will spawn on the map. I'm not saying getting spawnkilled is fun and you should enjoy it, but I'm saying changing the spawning in Halo CE catches the long-time Halo CE players off guard with something unfamiliar with what they are used to. If 343 wants to make the games as close to their original counterparts as possible, changing how the spawning works in Halo CE is exactly the opposite of what 343 are trying to do.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Cloud is not in denial. He mentioned that he enjoys Halo CE so he would know how bad the spawning is. 343 wants to make it just like the original game. The "if you don't like it, then just don't play it" attitude should be said here, because if that person doesn't enjoy how the original game is supposed to play, then go play a different Halo game that has better spawning. It's not like that person is asking for something that would make the game worse, because it would improve it, but if 343's job with the MCC is to bring an old game to a newer console, with the purpose being to let you experience the original games like you remember them in HD and 60 fps, then 343 has been doing that job well so far and changing the spawn system would be something that while may be better, is not the original experience. I know it may sound like I am coming off as a jerk, so I'm sorry if this did come off as disrespectful. What I'm trying to say is the same as others. I want all of the Halo games on the MCC to play exactly as they did before on the consoles before the Xbox One.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'd rather people voice concerns even if it will never be changed over 343 thinking everything is fine because no one has said anything. I think there are other problems in CE that should take priority, but eventually MCC and CE will be in a good enough state where they can address the lower tiered feedback and possibly adjust things even if that's a few years from now for my issue at least and other general issues besides the overall spawning system.
No one in the Halo 1 community thinks that Halo 1 on MCC is completely fine and has no bugs/issues. The Halo 1 community has been pretty vocal about the various bugs and issues that plague Halo 1 on MCC. The Halo 1 community is so passionate about Halo 1 that they made an entire website about documenting the various bugs/issues that are plaguing Halo 1 on MCC. There are people in the Halo 1 community that completely avoid playing Halo 1 on MCC and they only play the original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE because they realize the game is still far from resemebling the original Xbox version of Halo 1.

That being said Halo CE's spawn system on MCC has no real legitimate issues because the spawn system functions exactly the same as the original Xbox version of Halo CE. If you're going to be vocal about Halo CE's spawn system and advocate for 343 to make arbitrary changes to it then don't be surprised when you get a ton backlash and scrutiny from people with in the Halo 1 community that want Halo 1 on MCC to resmeble the original Xbox version of Halo 1. Anyways I'm done with this pointless conversation. If anybody is interested in discussing the merits of Halo 1's spawn system with other people in the Halo 1 community then I highly recommend joining the Halo 1 Hub discord.
Exactly! Things such as noticeable bugs and glitches should be fixed in the MCC version of Halo CE. Something like the spawning I don't see as major issue. Halo CE was never a perfectly balanced game in terms of multiplayer to begin with.
eLantern wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
There are people in the CE community such as Harris and his bro that don't like playing the NHE version and prefer playing the original. That being said please keep in mind that the NHE version still requires the original console and disk; therefore, it plays exactly like the original except with subtle changes.
Sounds like Harris and his bro are true purists.

It's your opinion that the changes of the NHE version are "subtle". What you constitute as the appropriate use of the terms "subtle" and "arbitrary" in reference to changes may not be agreed upon by others.

I know I wouldn't agree with your use of the term "subtle" here given the no spread and other features of NHE v1.0, but that's just me. I'd venture a guess and assume that Harris and his bro would vehemently disagree with your use of the term "subtle" here too.
Please let me clarify, all I know about Harris and his brother is that they prefer to play on/off host over playing neutral host because they don't like the "muddy" feeling of playing neutral host. I'm not sure what version of Halo 1 that Harris and his brother prefer playing and I don't know their opinion on the other changes from NHE. Please keep in mind that it is still possible to play on/off host on Halo 1 NHE because there's an option to do so.

To clarify on what I mean by "subtle" changes is that Halo 1 NHE doesn't have any changes that compromise the depth and skill gap of Halo 1. Halo 1 NHE preserves the integrity of all the aspects of Halo 1 that allow for depth and a skill gap to exist.
Quote:
I understand that there's a perspective, with which you share, that believes the NHE version may play a lot closer to the original Xbox version of CE versus how the MCC version compares to the original. I'm sure there are many legit reasons to believe that, but we both can only speculate on the truth of that statement.

For starters, to even be able to formulate a fair judgement a person would have had to of played the original, NHE, and the MCC versions. Now, I'm not saying that there are not plenty of those people out there, but those who have played, and likely continue to play, the NHE version are, in all honesty, a pretty tiny subgroup of people in comparison to the full size of the Halo community. And part of the reason they exist as a subgroup from the larger community is precisely because it's a collection of people who hold a passionate perspective that likely differs somewhat from the majority. I mean, if everyone, or the vast majority of people, believed that CE (original or NHE versions) were the perfect means to enjoy "Halo" then there would have been little reason to buy, play, or find enjoyment with the following Halo titles beyond graphical enhancements and perhaps a desire to discover how the campaign continued the story.
I think that Halo 1 NHE plays a lot closer to the original Xbox version of Halo 1 than MCC does because the changes that NHE makes to Halo 1 don't compromise the integrity of the aspects of Halo 1 that allow for the game to have depth and a skill gap. Halo 1 NHE is a modification of the original Xbox version of Halo 1 and Halo 1 on MCC is a modification of Halo PC. I have played the disc version of Halo 1, Halo 1 NHE, Halo PC/Custom Edition, and Halo 1 on MCC. My assessment is that Halo 1 NHE plays a lot closer to the original Xbox version of Halo 1 than Halo 1 on MCC does.

The people that play Halo 1 NHE are a minority because the people that still LAN Halo 1 are a minority. The people that still use the disc version of Halo 1 at LANs are a smaller minority than the people that use Halo 1 NHE at LANs. At Beach LAN 7 earlier this year they used Halo 1 NHE 1.0.
People in the Halo 1 community want Halo 1 on MCC to resemble the original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE because they don't want to have to use dying hardware anymore to play Halo 1. The Halo 1 community doesn't care if they achieve this through MCC or emulation, they just want to abandoned the dying hardware so they can preserve the longevity of the competitive Halo 1 LAN scene.
Quote:
I would disagree. I think both positions carry fairly similar merit. You both were advocating for improvement.

The OP was discussing the spawn system in regards to a particular mode. He was advocating for improvement to that particular mode. You advocate on behalf of the NHE version which would bring about some title-wide changes directed at competitive improvements. Change for improvement is the similarity.
The desire to make improvements to Halo CE are similar to each other however the merits behind both postions aren't similar to each other. One postion is wanting to improve and optimize Halo CE for competitive play while also wanting to preserve the integrity of the aspects of Halo CE that allow the game to have depth and a skill gap. The other postion wants to improve a specific aspect of Halo CE's spawn system but isn't taking into consideration that the change could have unintentional cascading effects that could compromise the integrity of the Halo CE's spawn system which in turn would aslo compromise the depth that the spawn system offers for 2v2.
Quote:
By all means, do share your thoughts on how to improve CE's spawn system or better yet share your thoughts with regards to improving the spawn system for the particular mode that the OP was mentioning. I'm sure he'd very much welcome that discussion verses the actual comment you directed toward him.
It doesn't make much sense to me for the OP to only want to improve Halo CE's spawn system for King of the Hill and not team slayer and oddball as well. Halo CE's spawn system functions the same for King of the Hill, team slayer, and oddball so the OP's criticism of Halo CE's spawn system can also be applied to those game types as well.

The main reason why Halo CE's spawn system isn't ideal for 4v4 is because you have more than one teammate(variable) controlling where you're going to spawn at and there aren't enough spawn points on the map for 4v4(with the excection of Rat Race). In order to improve Halo CE's spawn system for 4v4 I would suggest making it where your spawn is only controlled by one teammate(like when playing 2v2) and add more spawn points to the maps or better yet make completely new Halo CE maps that are tailored specifically for 4v4(or use some of the Halo 1.5 maps). My suggested change to Halo CE's spawn system for 4v4 would make it where player A would only be able to control player B's spawns and vice versa, the same thing would also apply to player C and player D.

That being said I completely oppose the idea of 343 making arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system because it could have unintentional cascading effects that could compromise the integrity of the Halo CE's spawn system which would in turn also compromise the depth that the spawn system offers for 2v2. If you want more ideas on how to improve Halo CE's spawn system for 4v4 then I highly recommend asking Hard VVay because he has a lot of ideas on how to improve a lot of aspects of Halo CE.
Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, but you're missing your own hypocrisy. It was believed that there were some legitimate issues with the function of the original Xbox version that led to and brought about the NHE version, right?

Trying to differentiate the alterations made by the NHE version from the subject of potential spawn changes is ultimately a word contorting game because at the root these two things can be boiled down to the same type of logic. A logic that relates to a personal desire to improve the game.
If you think that I'm contradicting myself and being a hypocrite for supporting the concept of Halo 1 NHE then you're wrong. I'm a Halo 1 purist in the sense that I want to preserve the integrity of all the aspects of Halo 1 that allow the game to have depth and a skill gap. I support the concept of Halo 1 NHE because it preserves the integrity of all the aspects of Halo 1 that allow for depth and a skill gap to exist.

I oppose the idea of 343 making arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system because I want to preserve the integrity of Halo CE's spawn system. I want to preserve the integrity of Halo CE's spawn system because I want to preserve the depth that the spawn system offers for 2v2. What people don't seem to take into consideration when advocating for 343 to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system is that 343 might also unitentionally change the way that the spawn system functions for 2v2 by doing so. They also don't seem to take into consideration that if it's even a possibility to change the way Halo CE's spawn system functions for only 4v4 and 8v8 without also having to change the way Halo CE's spawn system functions for 2v2.
Quote:
Are you really open to debating the merits? I question that given your original response within this thread.

It may very well be unrealistic to expect 343i to prioritize adjustments to the spawn system; especially, at this point with all the other work going on within the MCC. But how is 343i even to know that there's a demand if nobody speaks up about it? Worse yet, when someone does they get hostile responses from those with an opposing perspective instead of constructive discussion.
Yes I'm open to debating the merits of Halo CE's spawn system however it would be pretty pointless for me to debate the merits of Halo CE's spawn system with someone that doesn't understand how Halo CE's spawn system functions or how much depth Halo CE's spawn system offers for 2v2 because I would spend most of the debate linking them to sources to try to inform them.

People that advocate for 343 to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system get met with scrutiny and backlash because most of the time they are ill-informed about how Halo CE's spawn system functions and they aren't taking consideration that 343 might unitentionally change the way that the spawn system functions for 2v2 by doing so.
Quote:
According to who exactly? Perhaps that’s true of the majority within the passionate community that you're a part of, but they hardly make up the majority of the total MCC player base.

Anyways, you offer only speculation here of which we both can only offer at this point.
I admit that it's speculation. I came to this conclusion because it seems like 343 are working with the Halo 1 community to make Halo 1 on MCC play closer to the original Xbox version of Halo 1 and it seems like they are prioritizing fixing the bugs/issues that are documented on halobugs.com. If there was a bigger demand for 343 to make arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system then 343 would probably be prioritizing doing that instead of focusing on the bugs/issues that are documented on halobugs.com.
Quote:
Postums saying that 343i currently doesn't have any plans to update the spawning system isn't the same thing as saying that they (343i) would never consider it.
This is true however he also didn't imply that 343 would consider it in the future either. I think that the possibility of 343 making arbitrary changes to Halo CE's spawn system in the future is very low.
Quote:
You never know. Maybe there are plenty of people who (like you) recognize that the spawn system has issues and for whatever reason they don't want to speak-up. Perhaps they just don't want to stand-out in contrast to the general groupthink mentality. I happen to think this a major problem that occurs throughout all of the Halo community.
Most of the people in the Halo 1 Hub discord only have interest in playing Halo 1 in a 2v2 format and aren't interested in playing Halo 1 in a 4v4 format so I can assume that most of them want to preserve the integrity of Halo CE's spawn system because they want to preserve the depth that Halo CE's spawn system offers for 2v2. If there are people in the Halo 1 Hub discord that want to make arbitrary changes Halo CE's spawn system then they are most likely outliers.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row in the future. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to more than one person in a single post.
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
While it's true that the spawn system for Halo 2 MCC and Halo 2 Vista don't function exactly the same as the spawn system does for the original Xbox version of Halo 2 that doesn't also imply that Halo 1 PC and Halo 1 MCC's spawn system function differently from the spawn system that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses. The spawn system on Halo 1 PC and Halo 1 MCC function exactly the same as the spawn system does on the original Xbox version of Halo 1. If the spawn system on Halo 1 MCC didn't function exactly the same as the spawn system does on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 then it would be documented as a bug/issue on www.halobugs.com.

Here are some informative sources for Halo 1's spawn system that I highly recommend for you to utilize as learning tools so that you can inform yourself on how Halo 1's spawn system functions.
Halo CE spawn system is what makes the game great.

It's the end game meta; spawn trap the other team to get as many kills/flag captures and do it better than the other team. Can they add additional spawn points to each of the maps to make it a little less predictable? Yea sure that honestly wouldn't be too bad, but the system itself is fine. As others have mentioned, in competitive 2s you have an obligation to give your teammate a safe spawn otherwise you run the risk of getting spawn camped. Knowledge of these spawns is crucial; timing your peak with your teammate's spawn is crucial; if there are no options, running out and dying to prevent a spawn camp is crucial. These are all split second decisions that you have to constantly make in competitive 2s.

In 4s CTF, having spawns at your own base is actually one of the best anti base camping elements in the game. The last thing you want is the enemy team to spawn trap you at your own base. So the game forces you to move out of your base so at least your teammates get a random or less predictable spawn.

Competitive 4s CTF and 2s Team Slayer on Halo CE are two of the best/most fun Halo game types I have ever played competitively. And Halo CE's weapons are more balanced than most people think. H1 pistol is powerful enough to carry an entire team, which makes the game exciting because you can see great players have massive kills/influence over a single game.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
While it's true that the spawn system for Halo 2 MCC and Halo 2 Vista don't function exactly the same as the spawn system does for the original Xbox version of Halo 2 that doesn't also imply that Halo 1 PC and Halo 1 MCC's spawn system function differently from the spawn system that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses. The spawn system on Halo 1 PC and Halo 1 MCC function exactly the same as the spawn system does on the original Xbox version of Halo 1. If the spawn system on Halo 1 MCC didn't function exactly the same as the spawn system does on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 then it would be documented as a bug/issue on www.halobugs.com.
Sorry, I must have been mistaken. I was sure I had read somewhere that the PC version of CE had different spawning as well. Apparently not.

Why would it be documented on that site if the spawns didn't work as they did on the OG Xbox? If the PC version did in fact have different spawns, it wouldn't actually be a bug now would it, just a feature related to the game being a port of the PC version.

Also, sorry I'm not obsessed with CE enough to do a several hour study session into exactly how the spawns work in the game. I like CE a lot, but I'm not gonna do that. I don't really have a problem with the spawns, I just accept them for what they are.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
While it's true that the spawn system for Halo 2 MCC and Halo 2 Vista don't function exactly the same as the spawn system does for the original Xbox version of Halo 2 that doesn't also imply that Halo 1 PC and Halo 1 MCC's spawn system function differently from the spawn system that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses. The spawn system on Halo 1 PC and Halo 1 MCC function exactly the same as the spawn system does on the original Xbox version of Halo 1. If the spawn system on Halo 1 MCC didn't function exactly the same as the spawn system does on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 then it would be documented as a bug/issue on www.halobugs.com.
Why would it be documented on that site if the spawns didn't work as they did on the OG Xbox? If the PC version did in fact have different spawns, it wouldn't actually be a bug now would it, just a feature related to the game being a port of the PC version.

The person who made www.halobugs.com is insidi0us. insidi0us wants Halo 1 on MCC to be 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1. insidi0us even proposed the idea to 343 to use the original Xbox version of Halo 1 instead of Halo PC back in July of 2014. The purpose of documenting the bugs/issues on www.halobugs.com that plague Halo 1 on MCC is to inform 343 of the various bugs/issues that plague Halo 1 on the MCC so that they can prioritize making Halo 1 on MCC to play as close as possible to the original Xbox version of Halo 1.
Quote:
Also, sorry I'm not obsessed with CE enough to do a several hour study session into exactly how the spawns work in the game. I like CE a lot, but I'm not gonna do that. I don't really have a problem with the spawns, I just accept them for what they are.
It might take you a while to absorb all of that information about Halo 1's spawn system but it is crucial for you to inform yourself on how Halo 1's spawn system functions if you want to be able to have any credibility when talking about Halo 1's spawn system. Regardless of the topic that you decide to talk about it's pretty crucial for you to inform yourself about the topic before deciding to talk about the topic.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
Quote:
Also, sorry I'm not obsessed with CE enough to do a several hour study session into exactly how the spawns work in the game. I like CE a lot, but I'm not gonna do that. I don't really have a problem with the spawns, I just accept them for what they are.
It might take you a while to absorb all of that information about Halo 1's spawn system but it is crucial for you to inform yourself on how Halo 1's spawn system functions if you want to be able to have any credibility when talking about Halo 1's spawn system. Regardless of the topic that you decide to talk about it's pretty crucial for you to inform yourself about the topic before deciding to talk about the topic.
All I said was that the spawns weren't as good because they used the PC version. As I said, that is what I had believed at the time as I thought I had read that. I was wrong. I didn't go into a long drawn out explanation of why that was the case or that I had tested it and proved it. I made a simple statement. We are talking about video game spawning here. Not everyone needs to know that the game looks for a viable spawn within 17.5 meters of an ally in any direction and that it isn't based on proximity to enemies, its based on proximity to allies, but that sometimes spawns can be blocked so it will look for another viable spawn within 17.5 meters of an ally, but that there is also a phenomenon that gives a completely random spawns and no one really knows why, etc in order to participate in a conversation about the spawning system of said video game.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
Quote:
Also, sorry I'm not obsessed with CE enough to do a several hour study session into exactly how the spawns work in the game. I like CE a lot, but I'm not gonna do that. I don't really have a problem with the spawns, I just accept them for what they are.
It might take you a while to absorb all of that information about Halo 1's spawn system but it is crucial for you to inform yourself on how Halo 1's spawn system functions if you want to be able to have any credibility when talking about Halo 1's spawn system. Regardless of the topic that you decide to talk about it's pretty crucial for you to inform yourself about the topic before deciding to talk about the topic.
All I said was that the spawns weren't as good because they used the PC version. As I said, that is what I had believed at the time as I thought I had read that. I was wrong. I didn't go into a long drawn out explanation of why that was the case or that I had tested it and proved it. I made a simple statement. We are talking about video game spawning here. Not everyone needs to know that the game looks for a viable spawn within 17.5 meters of an ally in any direction and that it isn't based on proximity to enemies, its based on proximity to allies, but that sometimes spawns can be blocked so it will look for another viable spawn within 17.5 meters of an ally, but that there is also a phenomenon that gives a completely random spawns and no one really knows why, etc in order to participate in a conversation about the spawning system of said video game.
Anybody is allowed to participate in the conversation about Halo 1's spawn system however if someone makes a claim about Halo 1's spawn system then the burden of proof is on said person to provide enough adequate proof to be able to backup their claim. I probably should of tried a different approach when responding to your initial post. I probably should of used the Socratic method and asked you questions instead of saying that you're wrong and linking you a whole bunch of information about Halo 1's spawn system.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
I think its been mentioned that because CE and H2C use the PC versions of those games (which had worse spawning systems than the original Xbox versions) that plays a lot into the poor spawns for those two games.
Quote:
Also, sorry I'm not obsessed with CE enough to do a several hour study session into exactly how the spawns work in the game. I like CE a lot, but I'm not gonna do that. I don't really have a problem with the spawns, I just accept them for what they are.
It might take you a while to absorb all of that information about Halo 1's spawn system but it is crucial for you to inform yourself on how Halo 1's spawn system functions if you want to be able to have any credibility when talking about Halo 1's spawn system. Regardless of the topic that you decide to talk about it's pretty crucial for you to inform yourself about the topic before deciding to talk about the topic.
All I said was that the spawns weren't as good because they used the PC version. As I said, that is what I had believed at the time as I thought I had read that. I was wrong. I didn't go into a long drawn out explanation of why that was the case or that I had tested it and proved it. I made a simple statement. We are talking about video game spawning here. Not everyone needs to know that the game looks for a viable spawn within 17.5 meters of an ally in any direction and that it isn't based on proximity to enemies, its based on proximity to allies, but that sometimes spawns can be blocked so it will look for another viable spawn within 17.5 meters of an ally, but that there is also a phenomenon that gives a completely random spawns and no one really knows why, etc in order to participate in a conversation about the spawning system of said video game.
Anybody is allowed to participate in the conversation about Halo 1's spawn system however if someone makes a claim about Halo 1's spawn system then the burden of proof is on said person to provide enough adequate proof to be able to backup their claim. I probably should of tried a different approach when responding to your initial post. I probably should of used the Socratic method and asked you questions instead of saying that you're wrong and linking you a whole bunch of information about Halo 1's spawn system.
That likely would've been preferable. Or you could've just left it at me being wrong, as I was able to figure from there that I was. I mean I didn't mind all the links, I just felt like you were implying that I needed to go look at them and study it and "inform myself on how Halo CE's spawn system functions" in order to participate in the conversation.

Like I said, I don't really have a problem with the spawns. I just know a lot of people do, and I was posting my thoughts as to why based on info I felt was true at the time. I just want more people to play the game, and play CE matches all the way through. Even though it may not be a perfect 1:1 with the original Xbox version of CE, it's still damn fun and should be played. It's what we have, and likely all we will ever have, what with OG CE's source code missing (according to 343). Just have to hope they keep patching it.
I know bro.
I respawn in the enemy base in BtB xD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3