Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Please include these special gametypes for Reach

OP Shadowrend

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Omisake wrote:
I completely forgot about those! I do remember Bro Slayer though. Which was just regular team slayer but had it so you could spawn on teammates exactly like how you can in Invasion (except you have more than one teammate you can choose to spawn on). I miss that so much, hopefully these will all come back.
Reach is going to be so epic! I will be recreating all my Halo 2 anniversary custom maps in the Halo Reach forge. I have really great maps, but they don't appeal to the hard core Halo 3 players, since they are Halo 2 anniversary.
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Let's not forget about Rocket Hog or Hot Potato or whatever it was.
I vaguely remember these. Got anymore details? I’d love to add them to this list!
I remember this being the one where there is one rocket hog on the map that acts as a "king of the hill"
You have to actually drive the hog to score points, and anyone can get in the passenger seat or turret. I think I remember it from a Halo Forge Epidemic and RoosterTeeth video.
Tons of fun.
Hot potato I think was something related to that ^
What you are describing is Hog Potato. :)
omarlotrc wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
I vaguely remember these. Got anymore details? I’d love to add them to this list!
I remember this being the one where there is one rocket hog on the map that acts as a "king of the hill"
You have to actually drive the hog to score points, and anyone can get in the passenger seat or turret. I think I remember it from a Halo Forge Epidemic and RoosterTeeth video.
Tons of fun.
Oh oh oh!! I actually think it’s coming back to me now. Did the hog explode after a while too?
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Tons of fun.
Oh oh oh!! I actually think it’s coming back to me now. Did the hog explode after a while too?
Yup!
Can we have invasion back? that was really fun.
Can we have invasion back? that was really fun.
Invasion was built into Reach itself, so no worries there. The gametypes I’ve mentioned weren’t included at launch, and had to be downloaded later. I think a couple were possible using the built in Forge/Custom game options, but most required specially created Bungie gametypes.
Anyone remember hockey on reach? I fondly remember playing this with my friends on the action sack playlist.
Pete2DSM2 wrote:
Anyone remember hockey on reach? I fondly remember playing this with my friends on the action sack playlist.
I’ve been binge watching lots of Halo: Reach gameplay on YouTube. I’d forgotten about Hockey but it was so wacky and fun! 343 recently did a blog update, and they mentioned a couple of the gametypes in my post. Sadly, I didn’t see Hockey on their list. Fingers crossed it makes its way in eventually!
Spawn on Your Bro Co-Op Style!! 🎶
omarlotrc wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Tons of fun.
Added to the OP!

Also, I added an update that was included in a recent 343 blog post. It seems like at least some of these gametypes were already on the radar, which has me super jazzed. Hope they all come eventually!
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Tons of fun.
Added to the OP!

Also, I added an update that was included in a recent 343 blog post. It seems like at least some of these gametypes were already on the radar, which has me super jazzed. Hope they all come eventually!
Thanks for the mention!

I'm fairly certain that at least most of the modes will be returning, so I wouldn't worry. Their development blog was very promising.

Gah, I just want Reach to get added already. :')
Headhunter was one i can remember from my head where you had to get 10 skulls you get a Skullamanjaro medal only get it in FFA but you can't get it in team based games or you can score 1 at a time and being a small target.
omarlotrc wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Tons of fun.
Added to the OP!

Thanks for the mention!

I'm fairly certain that at least most of the modes will be returning, so I wouldn't worry. Their development blog was very promising.

I agree! I anticipated them being forgotten about, but it looks like 343 is really doing their due diligence here. Very excited to play these all again. If any are missing at launch, I’ll just have to remind them somehow!
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
SpiffyNoob wrote:
Tons of fun.
Added to the OP!

Thanks for the mention!

I agree! I anticipated them being forgotten about, but it looks like 343 is really doing their due diligence here. Very excited to play these all again. If any are missing at launch, I’ll just have to remind them somehow!
They really do try to look at all the feedback that comes their way. Just keep posting your thoughts here and you should be fine. :D
Bro slayer is great for fans of doubles.
I miss Halo Reach's Action Sack matchmaking mode :(
Same here
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2