1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
That's all people pick and I'm sick of seeing the same gun and it requires no skill to use at all. I don't care how many kills I get with it, I'm sick of seeing it, 3 round burst giving increased headshot chance, small reticle giving increased accuracy, its ridiculous. It's all people chose in halo 3 and halo 4, I'd run around with a carbine and get the most kills, and that has considerably less accuracy because of its reticle. I'm fine with people picking up the weapon from the ground in matches but starting with it is just outrageous. I actually banned myself from using it in halo 4 because it was such a nooby loadout weapon. There are other gametypes I want to play like oh I don't know, SLAYER, or maybe king of the hill or oddball but no, it's just BR after BR after BR after BR. What's so special about it anyway? The easy headshots? The fast reload?
I don't mind it anymore. But I find it odd to have nearly all BR starts in the H2A playlist and then also have a Halo (H2A) Championship Series playlist. Seems redundant. I would rather have more varied options.

Edit:343i remains clueless when it comes to MM playlists.
I've noticed a lot BR players run for power weapons as well, where's the skill in a rocket launcher?
I agree with op. They should remove all of the br starts from the slayer playlists and just let the "pros" who want br starts to play team hardcore.
Carbine has "considerably less accuracy". What? carbine has always known to be more accurate, but due to its single shot you have to hit every shot to do well.

The BR is best for pretty much all situations, you can suppress snipers from afar, help with team mates across the map and its much more fair to use in gametypes such as big team battle as it's reach is not as good as the DMR.

The DMR is the one weapon that should be modified. Its range is ridiculous and makes it frustrating to play big maps with as you are always looking for cover, or getting sniped at across the map.

"No skill to use at all" - questionably the most skilful weapon after the sniper. Try and strafe your way to a victory against a player who is actually semi decent instead of some random BTB guests. There are players notorious in MLG for their insanely accurate BR shots.

The SMG/AR are spray and pray weapons. No control of fire or strategic placement of shots (such as body, chest or head).

How would you prefer it? Slayer is good, but some maps simply do not play well with SMG start. Try running at a tower with your SMG out against a group of snipers and battle rifle users.Once the enemy team has gathered all the BRs and snipers and is holding down any location, that's it, it's very hard to recover. You can try just running at them with an SMG.

"That's all people pick", you summed up why this playlist would not be removed at the very beginning of your post. It's the most popular. Therefore, this thread is just a way to attract an argument.

Sure, all BR games can be pretty monotonous due to the small variety in weaponry, i do agree. But you gotta admit it man, the BR is the flagship/most versatile weapon in all of halo. Sorry bro.

Also, having the chance to BXR, BXB and quad shot again is simply nostalgic.

x
And yes, when the multiplayer is up to par, Br starts in a separate playlist is definitely the way to do it.
I've noticed a lot BR players run for power weapons as well, where's the skill in a rocket launcher?
The skill is in controlling the power weapons, not necessarily in using the power weapon itself.
Would take BR slayer over SMG's anyday of the week, at least the BR gives you a fighting chance against snipers, rockets and vehicles etc, try to challenge a sniper with a SMG and your dead.
I would propose putting in a playlist of its own if is that big of an issue.
I love the argument of please remove it because it gets selected every time....errr if it gets selected every time it means that's what the majority wants to play! SMG starts are awful. Plain and simple. You should not spawn with a weapon that needs to be replaced immediately to be effective and against good players you have to.

Also OP I sincerely doubt you are landing perfect 4 shots every time with the BR. I'm guessing you aren't nearly as dominant with it as you believe yourself to be. I'm not saying its a super hard gun to use but to say it lacks skill in comparison to an automatic spray weapon is absurd.
Adapt.
Are you kidding me?

I just played a A.r. slayer much on Foundry (Halo 3) and a guy took the sniper rifle and a Br, used a gravity lift to go on top of the boxes and started killing everyone. At the end of the much he had 29 kills 0 deaths because no one could go close enough to kill him.

If they make a playlist with only Br starts then I will be ok with removing it from the normal slayer playlist, but until then NO.
Maybe because if my team loses the intial scramble we can actually fight out of our spawn when getting hit from half way across the map.
Maybe because my team and I suck and lost the intial scramble and we can't actually fight out of our spawn when getting hit from half way across the map.
Ftfy
I hate AR / SMG starts because your screwed if the other guys get the BR and power weapons. There is nothing you can do about it if they are good and it sucks.
o XaVi3r o wrote:
I love the argument of please remove it because it gets selected every time....errr if it gets selected every time it means that's what the majority wants to play! SMG starts are awful. Plain and simple. You should not spawn with a weapon that needs to be replaced immediately to be effective and against good players you have to.

Also OP I sincerely doubt you are landing perfect 4 shots every time with the BR. I'm guessing you aren't nearly as dominant with it as you believe yourself to be. I'm not saying its a super hard gun to use but to say it lacks skill in comparison to an automatic spray weapon is absurd.
Yeah. Anyone who says the BR takes no skill most likely has no skill. Probably a COD noob
o XaVi3r o wrote:

Yeah. Anyone who says the BR takes no skill most likely has no skill. Probably a COD noob
couldn't agree more. OP should just stop playing h1-3 all together
Please practice and get better at the game or play a different game. Why do you feel like you can just change an old classic game becuase you suck at it?

LMAO This guy has played 60 multiplayer games total. Most of them seem to be customs as he has a 1.0 k/d yet a 3.0+w/l yet he thinks he knows what is best for games that have been out for a decade. Halo 4 fans are ruining this franchise
Are you kidding me?

I just played a A.r. slayer much on Foundry (Halo 3) and a guy took the sniper rifle and a Br, used a gravity lift to go on top of the boxes and started killing everyone. At the end of the much he had 29 kills 0 deaths because no one could go close enough to kill him.

If they make a playlist with only Br starts then I will be ok with removing it from the normal slayer playlist, but until then NO.
LMFAO DANG YOUR TEAM WAS WEAK THEN. How can you let a guy just stand on some crates in the wide open and go 29-0? Like do you know what grenaqdes are..........or BRs...........or the other sniper...............or rockets?
Are you kidding me?

LMFAO DANG YOUR TEAM WAS WEAK THEN. How can you let a guy just stand on some crates in the wide open and go 29-0? Like do you know what grenaqdes are..........or BRs...........or the other sniper...............or rockets?
no rockets are only for betraying your teammates duh
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2