Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Please remove the TU settings for Reach

OP SamTheWeebo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
plz remove bloom, why I need eat -Yoink-
Glad to see people in here expressing the good aspects of the TU. People seem to forget stuff like Bloom and the AAs are why Reach was so hated in the first place.
I am amazed to see so many people wanting more bloom... Like why do people want more randomness in gunfights.
Bloom has nothing to do with randomness. It does have to do with controlling your shots and bursting with automatic weapons for better accuracy. It makes the game more skillful. That's why some people didn't like it. It took more skill to master.
Add to that the fact that all maps made before the TU were made with the original bloom mechanics in mind. Playing those maps with the reduced bloom literally breaks the originally intended gameplay flow.
The correct way to have gone about this was to have a separate playlist added for the "hardcore" players that prefer reduced bloom instead of making all playlist have reduced bloom without giving those that prefer the original bloom any options.
Invasion and Firefight don't count.
You really don't have a say in competitive opinion if you think anything that involves RNG adds skill to the game. Bloom is a cap for skill by slowing down fights and adding a random nature.

Why would I slow down and pace my shots when the other dude is just gonna spam and could get lucky? You don't even know what you're talking about.
That's not how bloom works. You don't simply "get lucky" That's where the whole concept of pacing your shots come in.
Looks like you're the one that doesn't know what you're talking about.
And I couldn't care less about MLG/Competitive play.
Bloom is luck. Please read the 9 other pages posts that explains it to you. Then figure out a way to read the YEARS of posts on Reach explaining the concept to you. Luck in these types of games is bad.
What about the Halo 3 BR spread? Is that luck?

I'm all for removing random elements of gameplay, but at least you can control the bloom in Reach by shooting slowly to keep a decent accuracy. The opposite is true in Halo 3, and was a really competitive game despite that fact.
Glad to see people in here expressing the good aspects of the TU. People seem to forget stuff like Bloom and the AAs are why Reach was so hated in the first place.
I am amazed to see so many people wanting more bloom... Like why do people want more randomness in gunfights.
Bloom has nothing to do with randomness. It does have to do with controlling your shots and bursting with automatic weapons for better accuracy. It makes the game more skillful. That's why some people didn't like it. It took more skill to master.
Add to that the fact that all maps made before the TU were made with the original bloom mechanics in mind. Playing those maps with the reduced bloom literally breaks the originally intended gameplay flow.
The correct way to have gone about this was to have a separate playlist added for the "hardcore" players that prefer reduced bloom instead of making all playlist have reduced bloom without giving those that prefer the original bloom any options.
You really don't have a say in competitive opinion if you think anything that involves RNG adds skill to the game. Bloom is a cap for skill by slowing down fights and adding a random nature.

Why would I slow down and pace my shots when the other dude is just gonna spam and could get lucky? You don't even know what you're talking about.
That's not how bloom works. You don't simply "get lucky" That's where the whole concept of pacing your shots come in.
Bloom is luck. Please read the 9 other pages posts that explains it to you. Then figure out a way to read the YEARS of posts on Reach explaining the concept to you. Luck in these types of games is bad.

I'm all for removing random elements of gameplay, but at least you can control the bloom in Reach by shooting slowly to keep a decent accuracy. The opposite is true in Halo 3, and was a really competitive game despite that fact.
Lol the spread in Halo 3 is no where near as insane as OG Reach bloom and to even make that comparison is laughable.

For one thing, every one has the same spread so firing full auto doesn't result in completely lopsided random 1v1 outcomes at simple midrange engagements. I mean the CE Magnum has spread too but you don't hear people complaining about it.

The point of the issue in that in Reach, it sometimes doesn't MATTER if you pace your shot, the other guy can just spam and get lucky. You tried to show more skill, but the RNG was in his favor. Please tell me how that is fun.

Plus, Halo 3 had something in it that was more skillful in nature, which is shot leading thanks to the BRs slow bullet speed. Reach essentially removed everything that made 3 competitive in favor of random nature shooting to appease to more casual audiences.

Also MLG settings actually reduced spread in Halo 3 apparently, so if we are going to talk about competitive Halo 3, then you have to accept that reduced randomness IS good for a game, casual or otherwise.

Bloom in Reach is ludicrous pre TU

Lol the spread in Halo 3 is no where near as insane as OG Reach bloom and to even make that comparison is laughable.

For one thing, every one has the same spread so firing full auto doesn't result in completely lopsided random 1v1 outcomes at simple midrange engagements. I mean the CE Magnum has spread too but you don't hear people complaining about it.

The point of the issue in that in Reach, it sometimes doesn't MATTER if you pace your shot, the other guy can just spam and get lucky. You tried to show more skill, but the RNG was in his favor. Please tell me how that is fun.

Plus, Halo 3 had something in it that was more skillful in nature, which is shot leading thanks to the BRs slow bullet speed. Reach essentially removed everything that made 3 competitive in favor of random nature shooting to appease to more casual audiences.

Also MLG settings actually reduced spread in Halo 3 apparently, so if we are going to talk about competitive Halo 3, then you have to accept that reduced randomness IS good for a game, casual or otherwise.

Bloom in Reach is ludicrous pre TU
Hey if you like halo 3 guess what? You can play it in the collection. If you like the TU guess what? It's in the collection. If you like the vanilla Reach experience guess what? You better like competitive invasion because that's the only playlist that they couldn't successfully force the TU into. As for "luck" all of the Halo 3 net code makes the game one of "luck" I have had rockets vanish out of thin air because of the connection. All games have randomness. To me reach felt a lot less random because the hit detection was so much better. If I missed a shot it was because I was aiming wrong or shooting too fast. If I missed a shot in Halo 3 who knows why I missed, bullets can vanish out of the air sometimes standing right on top of a frag kills instantly sometimes it doesn't even break shields. People have shown how bad Halo 3 can be with shots. One test had two players standing facing each other and shooting the br. Sometimes it would be a four shot sometimes a seven shot. Both aimed at the same place and shot the same way. It was random. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQh0aI5bJQ&t=400sThe TU was an attempt to get people that didn't like the reach mechanics to enjoy Reach. It was a slap in the face to those that enjoyed the Reach mechanics. If players want a non random halo game there are all the other games in the collection. If players want to play Halo Reach how it was meant to be played they are out of luck.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10