Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Please remove the TU settings for Reach

OP SamTheWeebo

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
Karim wrote:
Halo Reach was designed from the ground up with the bloom mechanic. Reducing or removing it completely changes the game. I know this was originally done to satisfy the "competitive" crowd, But that's totally not needed here. The "Competitive" crowd has halo ce, halo 2, halo 2 anni, halo 3 and heck even halo 4 that they can play without the bloom mechanic. The TU just disjoints how halo reach feels. You learn the game mechanics in the campaign only to find that the mp with the tu is a completely different game. It sucks. I've been against the TU from the time it was first introduced. Please keep it out of the MCC. It is completely unneeded and just makes things confusing for new players and really makes the MP side of reach feel bad.
Halo Reach Vanilla settings are seriously flawed and they make the game too much noob friendly and unfair for decent/good players.
I understand why you want the game to be easy considering your <1 K/D ratio on Reach, but I don't want to loose a fight just because you are really good at spamming armor lock.
Funny how fast you pulled that defense. As if saying that they are "these people" disqualifies his points. Fact of the matter is bloom was there to help less skilled players and it does so too much by bringing down people who can aim.
I never said that bloom wasn't there for that reason, I was questioning why that is the worst thing ever. It is not game breaking, that is for sure. I also said that less bloom could be implemented in some cases, but across the board seems like a bit much and not how the game was intended to play.
Karim wrote:
Karim wrote:
Halo Reach was designed from the ground up with the bloom mechanic. Reducing or removing it completely changes the game. I know this was originally done to satisfy the "competitive" crowd, But that's totally not needed here. The "Competitive" crowd has halo ce, halo 2, halo 2 anni, halo 3 and heck even halo 4 that they can play without the bloom mechanic. The TU just disjoints how halo reach feels. You learn the game mechanics in the campaign only to find that the mp with the tu is a completely different game. It sucks. I've been against the TU from the time it was first introduced. Please keep it out of the MCC. It is completely unneeded and just makes things confusing for new players and really makes the MP side of reach feel bad.
Halo Reach Vanilla settings are seriously flawed and they make the game too much noob friendly and unfair for decent/good players.
I understand why you want the game to be easy considering your <1 K/D ratio on Reach, but I don't want to loose a fight just because you are really good at spamming armor lock.
TU is not about making the game competitive. It's about making the game BALANCED.
Balance in this case is subjective. Plus what you see as a balanced game doesn't necessarily make a better game for everyone. This is halo reach not halo 5 or a newer game where it is expected that a game is consistently updated. The people who prefer classic had the carpet ripped from under us when TU came out at the end of a game we had come to learn all the quirks of. And like a said TU and classic both have their place, I just think 343 could strike a better compromise than all or nothing with these playlists.
Karim wrote:
Karim wrote:
Halo Reach was designed from the ground up with the bloom mechanic. Reducing or removing it completely changes the game. I know this was originally done to satisfy the "competitive" crowd, But that's totally not needed here. The "Competitive" crowd has halo ce, halo 2, halo 2 anni, halo 3 and heck even halo 4 that they can play without the bloom mechanic. The TU just disjoints how halo reach feels. You learn the game mechanics in the campaign only to find that the mp with the tu is a completely different game. It sucks. I've been against the TU from the time it was first introduced. Please keep it out of the MCC. It is completely unneeded and just makes things confusing for new players and really makes the MP side of reach feel bad.
Halo Reach Vanilla settings are seriously flawed and they make the game too much noob friendly and unfair for decent/good players.
I understand why you want the game to be easy considering your <1 K/D ratio on Reach, but I don't want to loose a fight just because you are really good at spamming armor lock.
This is the problem with TU settings, it brings out these people who only have fun when they're winning and rag on people for their K/D. How many times do we have to talk about reach never being intended for Ultra-Competitive play? Do I think there should be TU and competitive playlists? sure, but it doesn't need to be that way across the board
TU is not about making the game competitive. It's about making the game BALANCED.
Balance in this case is subjective. Plus what you see as a balanced game doesn't necessarily make a better game for everyone. This is halo reach not halo 5 or a newer game where it is expected that a game is consistently updated. The people who prefer classic had the carpet ripped from under us when TU came out at the end of a game we had come to learn all the quirks of. And like a said TU and classic both have their place, I just think 343 could strike a better compromise than all or nothing with these playlists.
Hold up.... "A balanced game doesn't necessarily make a better game for everyone". What kind of logic is that? That is exactly what it does. Your argument is quickly turning towards bloom just to make sure better players can't fight you fairly.
Karim wrote:
Halo Reach was designed from the ground up with the bloom mechanic. Reducing or removing it completely changes the game. I know this was originally done to satisfy the "competitive" crowd, But that's totally not needed here. The "Competitive" crowd has halo ce, halo 2, halo 2 anni, halo 3 and heck even halo 4 that they can play without the bloom mechanic. The TU just disjoints how halo reach feels. You learn the game mechanics in the campaign only to find that the mp with the tu is a completely different game. It sucks. I've been against the TU from the time it was first introduced. Please keep it out of the MCC. It is completely unneeded and just makes things confusing for new players and really makes the MP side of reach feel bad.
Halo Reach Vanilla settings are seriously flawed and they make the game too much noob friendly and unfair for decent/good players.
I understand why you want the game to be easy considering your <1 K/D ratio on Reach, but I don't want to loose a fight just because you are really good at spamming armor lock.
This is the problem with TU settings, it brings out these people who only have fun when they're winning and rag on people for their K/D. How many times do we have to talk about reach never being intended for Ultra-Competitive play? Do I think there should be TU and competitive playlists? sure, but it doesn't need to be that way across the board
Funny how fast you pulled that defense. As if saying that they are "these people" disqualifies his points. Fact of the matter is bloom was there to help less skilled players and it does so too much by bringing down people who can aim.
I never said that bloom wasn't there for that reason, I was questioning why that is the worst thing ever. It is not game breaking, that is for sure. I also said that less bloom could be implemented in some cases, but across the board seems like a bit much and not how the game was intended to play.
That argument does not work for Halo though. Again, Halos have always had TU updates that drastically changed the game because it was needed. Reach is not an exception here.
Halo Reach was designed from the ground up with the bloom mechanic. Reducing or removing it completely changes the game. I know this was originally done to satisfy the "competitive" crowd, But that's totally not needed here. The "Competitive" crowd has halo ce, halo 2, halo 2 anni, halo 3 and heck even halo 4 that they can play without the bloom mechanic. The TU just disjoints how halo reach feels. You learn the game mechanics in the campaign only to find that the mp with the tu is a completely different game. It sucks. I've been against the TU from the time it was first introduced. Please keep it out of the MCC. It is completely unneeded and just makes things confusing for new players and really makes the MP side of reach feel bad.
I disagree. Lets not talk about the magnum, but the DMR, that has more relevance in BTB, where you have to aim more. Even if you arent moving and staying crouch the bloom will be the same if you spam the shots. Halo, since its first game, wasnt made for being a tactical game like CS:GO or Raimbow Six, where you have to save ammo and control your shots, Halo has a more agressive type of gameplay, of dropping directly into the combat and shoot your entire clip to kill as many as you can. The TU settings for Slayer DMR and BTB are the best that could happen to Reach. I know it was the first time that Bungie experimented with the Bloom mechanic in a Halo game, but for some weapons they added to much bloom, like I said, the Magnum, the DMR, and the Needle Rifle. The bloom from Halo 4´s DMR feels so good for me, having in count that in both games the damage is the same, the utility is the same, and the bullet mechanics is the same (hitscan). Some are gonna hate me for this, but something that 343 did well in Halo 4, is measuring the amount of bloom for each weapon, acording to its range (the H4 magnum has the same bloom as the Reach DMR, and the DMR inner circle of the recticle never increases more than the outer circle like the Halo Reach counterpart). Its a setting that most of the OG Halo Reach players (like me, I started in 2011, at the age of 6) and the new Halo players that maybe will meet Halo Reach for the same time. And that setting will help much more to pc players, because at last, in CS:GO, you have 1-shot kill at the head, having in count the amount of bloom that the AR´s have in that game, but a 5-shot kill weapon with that amount of bloom in pc, seriously, it will feel like A.D.S is useless with that bloom.
I noticed that a lot of people that are for bloom in this thread were people who weren’t good at the game to begin with lol
To be honest , while the ocasional headshot random hit happens ( also in TU where the uncontrolled spam more often still hits its target due to lower spread ) it usually takes more skill to controll the bloom then not. The Halo 2 BR is also way easier to shot then Halo 3 BR for , besides the reduced fire rate , red reticle range etc the Halo 3 BR needed to be shotleaded. Bloom was an idea by bungie to replace shot leading with something more consistend and less lag dependent as far as i know. Also it is fairly cheap to write ones opinion of because they are "not good" since to be honest probably most people are "not good"

This post has been hidden.

0
To be honest , while the ocasional headshot random hit happens ( also in TU where the uncontrolled spam more often still hits its target due to lower spread ) it usually takes more skill to controll the bloom then not. The Halo 2 BR is also way easier to shot then Halo 3 BR for , besides the reduced fire rate , red reticle range etc the Halo 3 BR needed to be shotleaded. Bloom was an idea by bungie to replace shot leading with something more consistend and less lag dependent as far as i know. Also it is fairly cheap to write ones opinion of because they are "not good" since to be honest probably most people are "not good"
The only reason why I said that was because generally the bad players typically dont understand how the game works at a high level(not talking about ranks)

If you were sick and needed to see someone for a diagnosis would you go to a medical student whose only a year or two into it, or a full fledged doctor that knows all about medicine.

That analogy works in this case too.

When discussing the game whose opinion would someone listen to? Someone losing all their games, terrible arena rank, and holding a barely positive K/d, or someone whose the total opposite of that player?

bloom causes inconsistency and randomness in close games and as a side effect more often than not caused slower gameplay. Is it fair to lose because randomness was involved? The people in this thread that are on the side of vanilla settings are players that don't fully understand why the bloom nerf was necessary or are players who have never experienced halo reach at a high level and just stuck to the more casual playlists. Players that are normally "competitive" knows what works best for the game because they're the ones that typically nerd the hell out of it. You could play a competitive game casually but a casual game cannot be played competitively

Example
I was a doubles player in reach. In fact a huge majority of my game time and games are in the doubles playlist.
I played doubles when it was vanilla settings
I played doubles when it was TU settings
The doubles playlist became instantly better when the TU was implemented. When I searched in twos and matched other nerdy teams the games were instantly better because the DMR became more consistent while still had what Bungie originally intended with bloom but the randomness was eliminated causing a closer skill game.

Same goes for every playlist, the only reason super slayer didn't do well was because it was a terrible replacement for squad slayer(reach's best playlist RIP)
It wasn't the TU that caused its poor population it was the maps in the rotation(and a few other factors) and to be honest objective, doubles, mlg, and all other TU playlists were much more appealing to play.
Snip
it usually takes more skill to controll the bloom then not.
This has been debated to death. There is no skill in controlling bloom. You spam shots until whoever gets lucky. There is no occasional head shot, it’s a matter of who gets the head shot first (or body shots to kill). The inherent problem with bloom is it makes encounters inconsistent and takes control away from the players. I can concede the needle rifle became a power weapon post TU, but that can be rectified by treating it as a power weapon.
Bloom, like sprint, is an unnecessary mechanic. It lowers the skill level a high level player can play at, and it raises the minimum needed for a low skilled player to master. At a core level, Reach is an extremely fun game. 343i need to really commit to MCC Reach and remove the mechanic, AND balance the weapons further to avoid the precision weapons from being ridiculously overpowered in normal gameplay. I'd also argue for 343i to remove AAs on spawn/loadout, and add them as map pick ups.

I think doing so would really bring Reach to its fullest potential. Allowing Classic, new, and pro fans to really enjoy the title. I'd hope that Reach fans would enjoy it more too, but I'm obviously not the one to tell them what they enjoy and why they enjoy it.

(Note: I would have loved to have seen Halo 4 receive a similar overhaul to bring the standard up on that title too, but unlike Reach, Halo 4 is broken at the core level)
counter question to those who support TU settings.. according to your own logic they should instead put zero bloom inside , since this is arguable the best setting for no randomness at all. i to be honest dont think that that tiny amount of randomness is enough to lose since halo 1, 2 , 3 all featured randomness in their precision weapons , and halo ce even had some kind of bloom itself ( even the pistol ). While less randomness is always better in a competitive sense one has to balance the entire game and not just the bloom setting. every weapon has a place. And for real there is something wrong i a pro team if bloom decides an entire match. that wont, like ever happen. such things can happen ocasionally in a game like counter strike but even there its so rare that its unnessesary to change anything. zero / near zero bloom works in H5 since the game was designed around that. H3 Br spread works since its designed around that. Bloom in CE and reach work since its designed around that. speaking personally i played the first three games on a fairly high level across several accounts and platforms... personaly i didnt have issiues with randomness in the precision weapons. Of course i couldnt experience Halo Reach on a high level because of lack of LAN touraments and competetive playlists but from playing experience that occasional "luckhit" didnt hinder the game result. Reach was a casual halo . So my new recomendeation would be to go full zero or vanilla since TU basicly has no place in this world, and i will be honest back then i didnt have the impressions that people where happy about zero bloom. 343 pls make a survey or something
counter question to those who support TU settings.. according to your own logic they should instead put zero bloom inside , since this is arguable the best setting for no randomness at all. i to be honest dont think that that tiny amount of randomness is enough to lose since halo 1, 2 , 3 all featured randomness in their precision weapons , and halo ce even had some kind of bloom itself ( even the pistol ). While less randomness is always better in a competitive sense one has to balance the entire game and not just the bloom setting. every weapon has a place. And for real there is something wrong i a pro team if bloom decides an entire match. that wont, like ever happen. such things can happen ocasionally in a game like counter strike but even there its so rare that its unnessesary to change anything. zero / near zero bloom works in H5 since the game was designed around that. H3 Br spread works since its designed around that. Bloom in CE and reach work since its designed around that. speaking personally i played the first three games on a fairly high level across several accounts and platforms... personaly i didnt have issiues with randomness in the precision weapons. Of course i couldnt experience Halo Reach on a high level because of lack of LAN touraments and competetive playlists but from playing experience that occasional "luckhit" didnt hinder the game result. Reach was a casual halo . So my new recomendeation would be to go full zero or vanilla since TU basicly has no place in this world, and i will be honest back then i didnt have the impressions that people where happy about zero bloom. 343 pls make a survey or something
I would prefer zero bloom. But that in fact would need even more balancing that 343 are probably not willing to do. Some gins would need a fire rate nerf to some degree for example. I just see this as the best compromise.
The bloom was my least favorite Halo aspect. I prefer armor lock over it. The problem with bloom is that even when you did everything possible to make it as accurate as possible, it was still random. Just because you're not competitive doesn't mean that people don't like accurate shots.
TU made Reach actually playable instead of a complete mess catering to bad gunskill and random chance. No, keep the TU settings. 75% bloom still exists in TU.
The Title Update saved Reach multiplayer for me. It was the only thing that brought me back to the game as I was pretty much done with Reach (minus some custom races) prior to it. In my opinion, the Armor Lock AA (primarily) and several of the other AAs; plus, the max bloom settings were and still are the dumbest game decisions within the entire Halo franchise.
In effect the TU literally killed halo reach mp.
please don't spread misinformation. the TU rose the population and quite literally kept the game from dying until the release of halo4.

https://i.imgur.com/9BtlJ5m.png
While i do think the game played "better" post TU, i can agree it felt a bit faster, and a tad different.

While i do personally prefer the TU settings, the Vanilla can be just as fun and competitive. Though zero bloom for competetive i understand as well

I am glad we will have options for both though
tu is only needed For ranked enough said.
I think some of you guys are getting TU settings confused with No Bloom No Sprint.
TU settings still had bloom, it was slightly toned down to lile 80% and made the game waaaaayyyyyyy better.
NBNS/No Bloom No Sprint settings were for the MLG/competitive playlist.
Vanilla reach was terrible with 100% bloom.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10