Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Please remove the TU settings for Reach

OP SamTheWeebo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
I know this is an old thread, but a lot of the anti-TU fail to realize just how many people stopped playing reach, both social and competitive, because of bloom, armor lock, etc. Saying that the weapons are designed for a shorter time to kill is nonsense, which sequentially demonstrates that they are failing to realize that the rng aspect of bloom completely butchers the gameplay and the skill ceiling. I can't say how many times I got frustrated even in campaign playing legendary because I couldn't land many headshots in a row on grunts because of bloom, and every time I would be massacred by them. I am a hardcore halo fan, but back in the day I was a child and didn't speak English too well, so I never knew anything about the TU. I remember I started seeing the super slayer, and I would never vote for it because I had team slayer and I didn't know the difference. Of course, I was always going to favor something more familiar. So I completely agree with one of the previous comments saying that the regular player does not notice these changes.
Reach was never dead before or after the TU settings were implemented idk where that assumption is coming from but I remember the population always being fairly large during Reach's life before the next Halo game. Was never a big fan of the TU settings outside of the armor lock change which I'm indifferent about and will be spending majority of my time in invasion because it retains the OG Reach settings. Bloom isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be just pace your shots.
The issue is that people seem to think that Bloom is related to randomness, but it can be mastered as you only have to aim with the center of the reticle, along with a proper pacing. You could spam your shots in the past, but it was a worse situation as you didn't have any kind of penalty to reduce it, so it was easier to hit your target mindlessly.

As for the Reach death, it's just an assumption due to the big difference in population between the Vanilla Slayer and the TU version.
All I know is bloom was never an issue, at least for me personally it never was a problem, and it's a real shame that TU is being added turning the DMR into a weaker sniper and the Needle Rifle into a needler with range. Takes away from the original skill of needing to master a weapons bloom to perform well and just dumbs it down into a game of who can spam click the head better.
Yeah, aiming for the head actually requires skill. Is not dumbing it down, it is making the short-mid range encounters more intense and more precision based than luck based.
I know this is an old thread, but a lot of the anti-TU fail to realize just how many people stopped playing reach, both social and competitive, because of bloom, armor lock, etc. Saying that the weapons are designed for a shorter time to kill is nonsense, which sequentially demonstrates that they are failing to realize that the rng aspect of bloom completely butchers the gameplay and the skill ceiling. I can't say how many times I got frustrated even in campaign playing legendary because I couldn't land many headshots in a row on grunts because of bloom, and every time I would be massacred by them. I am a hardcore halo fan, but back in the day I was a child and didn't speak English too well, so I never knew anything about the TU. I remember I started seeing the super slayer, and I would never vote for it because I had team slayer and I didn't know the difference. Of course, I was always going to favor something more familiar. So I completely agree with one of the previous comments saying that the regular player does not notice these changes.
Reach was never dead before or after the TU settings were implemented idk where that assumption is coming from but I remember the population always being fairly large during Reach's life before the next Halo game. Was never a big fan of the TU settings outside of the armor lock change which I'm indifferent about and will be spending majority of my time in invasion because it retains the OG Reach settings. Bloom isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be just pace your shots.
The issue is that people seem to think that Bloom is related to randomness, but it can be mastered as you only have to aim with the center of the reticle, along with a proper pacing. You could spam your shots in the past, but it was a worse situation as you didn't have any kind of penalty to reduce it, so it was easier to hit your target mindlessly.

As for the Reach death, it's just an assumption due to the big difference in population between the Vanilla Slayer and the TU version.
All I know is bloom was never an issue, at least for me personally it never was a problem, and it's a real shame that TU is being added turning the DMR into a weaker sniper and the Needle Rifle into a needler with range. Takes away from the original skill of needing to master a weapons bloom to perform well and just dumbs it down into a game of who can spam click the head better.
Yeah, aiming for the head actually requires skill. Is not dumbing it down, it is making the short-mid range encounters more intense and more precision based than luck based.
It was interesting hearing the streaming a week or so ago, nearly every stream I'd hear a slight diss on bloom, nothing over the top and everyone managed it, but it was noted as a constant in game annoyance.

Getting headshots in Halo doesn't really require skill though, the game already has aim assist and bullet magnetism so these short-mid range engagements aren't intense anyways. Bloom required you to pace your shots otherwise you would miss obviously which raised the skill ceiling for any ranges. My problem with bloom being essentially removed, like stated in the post above, is the DMR becomes a weaker sniper at all ranges and the Needle Rifle is a precision needler that can be spammed at any range with no consequence to the player which dumbs the engagements down. The game being luck based is a severe over exaggeration of bloom to begin with especially with these short to mid range engagements due to players refusing to pace shots correctly which typically results in the player getting killed. Point is if the game didn't have aim assist and bullet magnetism together then the precision based gameplay would require more skill than the bloom based gameplay but since we have both of those features in the game you are basically handed the headshot if you put the crosshair anywhere close to the head.
A bit off-topic: In Gears 5 the aiming will switch from reticle bloom to a recoil based patterns. I like this more (obviously this is true for Halo too) because when two players meet, the better (gunplay) one will always win since there is no randomness involved.

Getting headshots in Halo doesn't really require skill though, the game already has aim assist and bullet magnetism so these short-mid range engagements aren't intense anyways. Bloom required you to pace your shots otherwise you would miss obviously which raised the skill ceiling for any ranges. My problem with bloom being essentially removed, like stated in the post above, is the DMR becomes a weaker sniper at all ranges and the Needle Rifle is a precision needler that can be spammed at any range with no consequence to the player which dumbs the engagements down. The game being luck based is a severe over exaggeration of bloom to begin with especially with these short to mid range engagements due to players refusing to pace shots correctly which typically results in the player getting killed. Point is if the game didn't have aim assist and bullet magnetism together then the precision based gameplay would require more skill than the bloom based gameplay but since we have both of those features in the game you are basically handed the headshot if you put the crosshair anywhere close to the head.
Allow me to respectfully disagree. It is not a coincidence that the unanimous opinion on Bloom across the competitive scene is that bloom hurts the skill gap. The only halo game where getting a headshot is easy is in h4. Short-mid range encounters are more intense if you pace your shots? You gotta play more competitive, every engagement is crucial. Nope, luck factor it is not an over-exaggeration simply because I played halo reach a lot and it always was a 50/50 chance between you winning the fight by pacing shots or getting killed by the player that was spamming the right trigger. I'm sorry but by your logic, I should have had been winning the engagements at least 90% of the times, which is still low for a skill-based game since if my shot is better I should be winning 100% of the time except when I miss. That's why projectile + latency in halo 3 is -Yoink- for MM since it messes with the skill. LAN, of course, solves this. But that's network, not gameplay, unlike bloom which remains the same on LAN. Then again, in social the bloom is just been nerfed down to 85% which appeals to what you guys want. Zero bloom is just for the competitive HCS/MLG playlist.

Also, the overwhelming majority of the community likes the TU, let's not forget about that.

Allow me to respectfully disagree. It is not a coincidence that the unanimous opinion on Bloom across the competitive scene is that bloom hurts the skill gap. The only halo game where getting a headshot is easy is in h4. Short-mid range encounters are more intense if you pace your shots? You gotta play more competitive, every engagement is crucial. Nope, luck factor it is not an over-exaggeration simply because I played halo reach a lot and it always was a 50/50 chance between you winning the fight by pacing shots or getting killed by the player that was spamming the right trigger. I'm sorry but by your logic, I should have had been winning the engagements at least 90% of the times, which is still low for a skill-based game since if my shot is better I should be winning 100% of the time except when I miss. That's why projectile + latency in halo 3 is -Yoink- for MM since it messes with the skill. LAN, of course, solves this. But that's network, not gameplay, unlike bloom which remains the same on LAN. Then again, in social the bloom is just been nerfed down to 85% which appeals to what you guys want. Zero bloom is just for the competitive HCS/MLG playlist.

Also, the overwhelming majority of the community likes the TU, let's not forget about that.
Idk what to tell ya from personal experience I never had an issue with the bloom agree to disagree
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6