Skip to main content
So I hear that Season 8 will be the last season as a focus but we'll continue to get updates as they become available. My question is, will we still get rotational challenges to earn points? I'm sure those of you who have done every PvP, PvE, and Seasonal challenge aren't hurting on points, but as someone who isn't easily motivated to go do the PvP challenges and just does the PvE ones most of the time, I'm kind of a few seasons behind everyone.

I just want to know that even once season 8 has run its course, we'll still be able to earn points to unlock things. I can't remember if this was mentioned at all and I haven't seen a recent post talk about it.
Don't quote me on this because I don't remember where I heard/read this but I'm pretty sure there are going to be 10 seasons.
Jaidabecca wrote:
Don't quote me on this because I don't remember where I heard/read this but I'm pretty sure there are going to be 10 seasons.
Yeah that's what I've heard too, but now I'm hearing they're stopping after 8 and will just continue to provide content as it's done.

My bigger concern isn't about how many seasons we're getting, it's about whether or not we'll continue to get rotational challenges so that we can continue to earn points after the seasons are over.
If anything? Maybe the seasonal stuff will refresh, and it'll be the same challenges that came with each Season.

Meaning, you got some chances to earn the seasonal gear you didn't unlock. And if you did? Maybe as compensation, more seasonal points as a reward?
Jaidabecca wrote:
At the beginning of the year, 343 said they were planning on doing 10 seasons, each season being released about 2 months from each other. Unfortunately, there were some delays on releasing some seasons, so they announced that the seasons themselves are ending after 8. There will still be updates bringing in mod tools and the like though, this is just the end of new customization in mcc.
To answer the initial question, from what I understand, challenges will continue to rotate out every week for the time being. So you should still be able to earn season points and use them for the indefinite future.
What will happen to the challenge system and seasons after season 8 is still TBD according to the latest development update. After the end of season 8 season points will just accumulate for players who have everything and cease to serve any function. For now they will remain as is, but at some point 343 will address this I am guessing.
I don't see why they would stop the challenges since there are some who still have stuff to unlock.
LethalQ wrote:
I don't see why they would stop the challenges since there are some who still have stuff to unlock.
I mean, true, but at the same time, there are some people who have so many points, that continuing would be a waste for them. Though many others may not be as far as them, I just wanted to be sure.
I imagine seasonal challenges might away but weekly challenges should probably stay.
LethalQ wrote:
I mean, true, but at the same time, there are some people who have so many points, that continuing would be a waste for them. Though many others may not be as far as them, I just wanted to be sure.
I have nearly 200 points in reserve now. I will still do the challenges for xp. I still want to try to reach Tour 10.
LethalQ wrote:
I have nearly 200 points in reserve now. I will still do the challenges for xp. I still want to try to reach Tour 10.
I don't have as many reserve points but I'm in the same boat as far as wanting to reach a high tour(currently on T7/R18). Or, at least whatever the highest rank I can get to before Infinite comes out.
I would hope there would be options down the road to convert seasonal points to exp. Maybe like 100k exp a point or something. Like others have said I have a slew of seasonal points to spend.

I would think that the remaining seasonal unlocks and ranked skins will eventually make their way into the exchange. Maybe post S8 new content will come in via the exchange rather than seasonal decks or maybe theyll have monthly or bimonthly challenge decks to do as well.
I would hope there would be options down the road to convert seasonal points to exp. Maybe like 100k exp a point or something. Like others have said I have a slew of seasonal points to spend.
I actually like that. Maybe make it 200k/point or something but either way it would definitely be cool as an additional source for XP gain to help people get through the Tours.
Gears 5 is ending with season 8 now too and they are moving into automation, which means challenges will keep refreshing for earnable currency. I bet the same will happen in the MCC.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
That's a lot of points, then again, I missed a few weeks of even just the PvE challenges.
Weekly challenges resest and give you points, just make sure every week you are doing them and you will unlock everything