Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Poll: Where are you and did the patch work?

OP rejected147

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. ...
  8. 30
Have now had first match - soft reset seemed to hep a little
ive heard the solution is to wrap a towel around your xbox . . . .

Well, since installing yesterday and looking for games since 5pm (its 4am now ive played 3 games). i went to a friends house to see if hes was any different and holy -Yoink- that update on a slower connection. . my friend is done with it now, he cant connect and the game he got . . well you may as well not bother, the fact that you connect to a game where you can pull the trigger 10 times before you seem to fire and people are skipping all over the place. We dont have this issue in halo reach!. its sad to hear this as hes my only rl halo buddy . . .
AUSTRALIA. can only play solo if you can be bothered.. so no, no improvement
Midwest, and it's worse. All it does is stay in searching. Will NOT find a game at all. Please fix 343.
Victoria, Australia.

No improvement what so ever.
The launch of this game has been the worst gaming experience of my life. It is just pathetic to release a game that is this unfinished! Especially coming from a long time Halo fan. Thanks 343 for ruining Halo....
Dude you guys are -Yoinking!- with US! And you aspect us to play online Halo championship series with this -Yoink-. No-one is getting practice for the compititve
im in north carolina and i've had parties of 2-3 find matches within a few minutes. the other 2 party members are in texas
I live in Victoria Australia. Had limited success last night to matchmaking but now nothing. Keeps saying I can't connect to the server. Also when I return to campaign the whole screen is blacked out and I have to start the missions again.

I bought an Xbox one and mcc specifically to play... I am almost regretting my purchase...

Whoever is responsible for this incomplete game coming out... shame on yourselves. You are an embarrassment to the gaming industry and single handedly alienating your followers... clap clap.
Live in the midwest, works pretty damn well. Search times for Team Slayer are still slow, but workable, all the other games I've tried work quickly though.

Rageouss wrote:
The launch of this game has been the worst gaming experience of my life. It is just pathetic to release a game that is this unfinished! Especially coming from a long time Halo fan. Thanks 343 for ruining Halo....
That would be Microsoft.
NY, patch works for the most part on team slayer. no luck in other playlist however.
Pa And the patch works but it also has problems. We get into a game then when the game is over if everyone does not stay in the game it makes the time stop which then keeps you stuck in that lobby. Then you have to exit the lobby, once you exit the lobby your party splits up and then no one can join anyone again. The only solution I have found to this problem is to restart your disk and then start it back up again and you can then invite your friends and play another game. But like I just said if no one stays in the lobby when the game is done you will have to back out and restart. Only very few times after waiting 15 mins have I found another party without having to restart.
PA and no it does not work.
Near LA and It seems to.have helped a lot
South Dakota. Bupkis.
Grand Rapids, Michigan. Patch has actually made things worse. Havent played a single game since pre-patch. Was able to get past a hanging issue at playlist select with liberal use of the cancel button, but cant find any games. A population counter for matchmaking,or individual playlists would be great, seems like a ghost town out there.
From Brisbane, Australia
open NAT
patch didn't work
i get stuck on "players found" now.
anyone know if there will be dedicated servers for us Aussies?
Microsoft azure worker brilliantly for an Aussie based multiplayer solution (for titanfall)
Minisota does not work worse then ever
dude527 wrote:
Minnesota. Patch made game worse for me. Initially, game crashed three times. Finally loaded. Went into Matchmaking. Multiple failures to connect to host in Team Slayer. Sat at the "Attempting to connect" (or whatever it says verbatim) screen for ten minutes. Backed out and went to Big Team Battle. Same thing happened multiple times across the span of a half-hour. Backed out. Went into Anniversary playlist. Game found within seven minutes. Three versus four; uneven teams is still a thing. Played two games with this group of people and both of them were more laggy than any Halo game I've played on the Xbox 360.

Before this patch, I was at least consistently connecting to the games I found. They also were fairly lag-free. Now I can say neither, really. Such a shame.
Same here I feel shamed about even trying.
Hello I'm from Canada Toronto and the patch didn't work as well as I hoped still taking me time to find matches also teams are still uneven it is a little better but not as what 343 said they were going to do. The game is still very glitchie I had to quit the Game few times due to freezing etc..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. ...
  8. 30